Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge

Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
scoper wrote: Jimmy Butler can be a nightmare to coach. Ask Fred Hoiberg..

If Kyle had stayed how much better would we be this season (without Precious)? 1st in the east?
Nothing wrong with that. Heat are first in the East so there's that.

Having disagreements is perfectly healthy. If the guys can both dish it and take it, it's all good. The Heat are built different and have a culture that fits that and fits Butler. This ain't the Timberwolves where Towns and Wiggins go crying and can't handle being called out.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
Armoni is getting a lot of mins, he plays D and can stretch the floor. But is he eligible to play in the playoffs? He was signed March 6, after the deadline.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
Exciting stuff.
Cleveland faces Bulls next too....
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
2086 posts
1077 upvotes
BC
shikotee wrote: Exciting stuff.
Cleveland faces Bulls next too....
rooting for bulls on that one…
they should win against the pacers as well, a non-playoff team.. raps always play to the level of the opponent lol…
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Bleacher Report before the season started: Toronto Raptors: 34-48 finish. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
scoper wrote: Armoni is getting a lot of mins, he plays D and can stretch the floor. But is he eligible to play in the playoffs? He was signed March 6, after the deadline.
Armani was waived prior to the deadline and wasn't on any other teams' roster after March 1st. So he can play for the Raptors in the playoffs, if the Raptors decide to keep him.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
joeyjoejoe wrote: Armani was waived prior to the deadline and wasn't on any other teams' roster after March 1st. So he can play for the Raptors in the playoffs, if the Raptors decide to keep him.
Nice. Looks like we're keeping him.

Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
scoper wrote: Nice. Looks like we're keeping him.

It’s fake news
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3560 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
Go raps,

Great win, essentially led the whole game after going on a big run in Q1

This is probably the best version of Pascal that we've seen so far. Nice to see he's able to rebound after the bubble and covid season.

Boucher has been fantastic off the bench, pairing him with Precious is a great combo!

If raps get lucky, I feel like they can move up to 5seed if things go their way, Bulls are in a free fall right now
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
SoGood wrote: This is probably the best version of Pascal that we've seen so far. Nice to see he's able to rebound after the bubble and covid season.
Agreed. The sweet sound of silence from the RFD Siakam haters.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2466 posts
422 upvotes
GTA
Only team I wouldn't want to match up against is Boston. They've been the best team in the NBA since Jan and annihilating teams lately. I don't think we can beat them but I like our chances against Miami, Philly then Milwaukee
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
shikotee wrote: Agreed. The sweet sound of silence from the RFD Siakam haters.
To be fair, he did nothing to stay remotely in shape prior to the bubble, and it showed, and yet, Nurse left him out on the court playing more minutes than anyone else to lead us to a series loss against the Celtics that was very winnable.

So yes, perfectly fine, as a fan, to expect more from our max contract extension player. (Contract not in effect until following season, but extension was awarded in 2019).

It's okay to expect excellence, he was not an unknown prospect on the rise anymore. He was our star player, so it's good that he's finally found his form and is playing as expected.

Now let's see his redemption in the playoffs. Don't be a DeMar (still wear his jersey, but playoff facts are facts).
Last edited by kenchau on Mar 25th, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
to be fair, he really was playing crap during the bubble.. borderline unplayable even.
nice to see him getting his groove back hopefully it continues towards the playoffs.
I hope they can go to at least a 2nd round.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12390 posts
6571 upvotes
Vaughan
...speaking of which, just looking at the standings, lots of room for movement, but there could be a scenario where we have a re-match with the Celtics in round 1.

If we move to 6 and them to 3, or they stay at 4 and we move to 5.

Definitely no time for the Blue Jays until these Raptors playoffs are done haha.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
DimsumDeals wrote: to be fair, he really was playing crap during the bubble.. borderline unplayable even.
nice to see him getting his groove back hopefully it continues towards the playoffs.
I hope they can go to at least a 2nd round.
He definitely was stinking it up.
My point really being - there was a time where this thread was just constant dumping on him.
It is very nice not to have that.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: It’s fake news
His second 10 days expire tomorrow. Raps still determining if they will sign him to a standard contract or 2-way contract.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote: ...speaking of which, just looking at the standings, lots of room for movement, but there could be a scenario where we have a re-match with the Celtics in round 1.

If we move to 6 and them to 3, or they stay at 4 and we move to 5.

Definitely no time for the Blue Jays until these Raptors playoffs are done haha.
If we move up to 6, I see Bucks as our opponent but depend on how Heat will fix there problem.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
SoGood wrote: Go raps,

Great win, essentially led the whole game after going on a big run in Q1

This is probably the best version of Pascal that we've seen so far. Nice to see he's able to rebound after the bubble and covid season.

Boucher has been fantastic off the bench, pairing him with Precious is a great combo!

If raps get lucky, I feel like they can move up to 5seed if things go their way, Bulls are in a free fall right now
Playing in Canada hurts your visibility south of the border. If Pascal was having the season he is having for the Knicks everybody in the US would be talking about what he is doing. When he does it here he's being almost completely ignored there.

Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
cgtlky wrote: If we move up to 6, I see Bucks as our opponent but depend on how Heat will fix there problem.
Would rather face the Sixers than the Bucks or Celtics, lets see how it goes.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)