RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4286 posts
1631 upvotes
Global Village
kitchensink wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 9:47 am
The 2019 class is projected to be extremely weak outside of RJ Barrett and I'm more than fine giving up this year's pick.

It's the 2020 pick that you really want to keep at all cost because the one-and-done rule is abolished.
It is actually the 2021 picks where that would start in the draft, not earlier.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2380 ... y-shift-21
All day I dream about sports
Apr 4, 2009
867 posts
170 upvotes
frogger wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 12:02 pm
And sleeping when he didn't have the ball in his hands enough that the Raptors have a better +/- when he is on the bench.
As I mentioned pages ago, Cleveland in the series didn't defend Derozan off the ball. That's the sort of defense you see when there's a Tony Allen on the court and it's pretty sad that Cleveland wanted Derozan to shoot those inefficient 2's (which he did).

On the other end of the court, you had Korver and JR Smith rediscover their hot shooting and we got torched. Those two were a complete no show vs Boston and Indiana.
Temp. Banned
Apr 24, 2018
580 posts
34 upvotes
frogger wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 12:08 pm
LOL by the time Kawhi became a monster and won finals MVP those guys were wearing depends.
Sorry, how many rings did Kawhi win without those guys wearing depends?
Temp. Banned
Apr 24, 2018
580 posts
34 upvotes
frogger wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 12:02 pm
And sleeping when he didn't have the ball in his hands enough that the Raptors have a better +/- when he is on the bench.
In this past playoffs the Cavs had a better +\- with Lebron on the bench. Do you think they would have been better off without lebron?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7091 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto
airpods wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 12:42 pm
In this past playoffs the Cavs had a better +\- with Lebron on the bench. Do you think they would have been better off without lebron?
Oh please, one is an anomaly, the other is an established ongoing stat...
Temp. Banned
Apr 24, 2018
580 posts
34 upvotes
frogger wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 12:47 pm
Oh please, one is an anomaly, the other is an established ongoing stat...
oh please, provide the proof
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9423 posts
450 upvotes
According to airpods, Kawhi was only good because he played for the Spurs. So I guess Demar should be a "Top 5" player next season then. :rolleyes:

Kawhi impacts both ends of the court. This is why Derozan's impact will never be as good even if his offense is better than Kawhi's. Basketball is played on both ends. Demar is lost on defense.
Watch this video and it sums up Demar's contribution to defense
He walks AWAY from the driving IT. Hands are down so he's not preventing any passes. He's watching the ball and has no idea where his man is.
Temp. Banned
Apr 24, 2018
580 posts
34 upvotes
rems wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 1:59 pm
According to airpods, Kawhi was only good because he played for the Spurs. So I guess Demar should be a "Top 5" player next season then. :rolleyes:

Kawhi impacts both ends of the court. This is why Derozan's impact will never be as good even if his offense is better than Kawhi's. Basketball is played on both ends. Demar is lost on defense.
Watch this video and it sums up Demar's contribution to defense
He walks AWAY from the driving IT. Hands are down so he's not preventing any passes. He's watching the ball and has no idea where his man is.
How was lebrons defence the past few seasons? Do you still consider him a top player?

And don’t put words in my mouth. I said Kawhi is overrated, that’s it. I’ve already named numerous players that are better so I can’t see how he’s top 5.
Last edited by airpods on Jul 23rd, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3765 posts
2340 upvotes
Toronto and London
I didn't know we had an actual Kawhi hater on this forum.

I mean it's one thing to hate him for the injury saga (although Spurs are responsible as well) but as a player? What?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7091 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto
airpods wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 1:53 pm
That only shows 1 season and 1 playoff season
Wrong as usual...
Temp. Banned
Apr 24, 2018
580 posts
34 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 2:27 pm
I didn't know we had an actual Kawhi hater on this forum.

I mean it's one thing to hate him for the injury saga (although Spurs are responsible as well) but as a player? What?
I hate him because I think he’s overrated? Wtf?

So which of these players would you remove to put Kawhi in the top 5:

KD
Lebron
Curry
Harden
Westbrook/Anthony Davis
Temp. Banned
Apr 24, 2018
580 posts
34 upvotes
frogger wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 2:28 pm
Wrong as usual...
Why don’t you just post it here. And while you’re at it, post lebrons too
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7091 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto
airpods wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 2:31 pm
Why don’t you just post it here. And while you’re at it, post lebrons too
I'm not going to put in the effort clipping images or copying and pasting data that won't format properly just because you can not figure out how to use a web site.