RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4544 posts
789 upvotes
Toronto
notenoughsleep wrote:
Jul 27th, 2018 7:22 pm

When asked about Kawhi Leonard at USA Basketball minicamp today, Kyle Lowry says, "I don't know if I've spoken to him."
hard to have chemistry if they are not talking to each other. Lowry probably wants to be trade too now. I can't see how they can play with each other.

I think Kawhi should at least address the fan a little bit even though he's not a talker.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8831 posts
3151 upvotes
Toronto
notenoughsleep wrote:

When asked about Kawhi Leonard at USA Basketball minicamp today, Kyle Lowry says, "I don't know if I've spoken to him."
that quote doesn't give the full context. if you listen to the entire interview you could tell he didn't want to talk about the trade situation with the reporter. when he was first asked if he talked to Kawhi he said "probably. yeah, i think so". when he realized the interviewer was going to get into more in-depth questioning he smirked and said i don't know. he wanted to keep the focus on the USA camp without getting into any drama.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Nov 3, 2014
825 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Maybe it's me, but I think Lowry handled it quite well. Why add more fuel to the fire for the media???
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4271 posts
1618 upvotes
Global Village
notenoughsleep wrote:

lol, that's like when someone knocks at your door and you saying "I'm not here!"

I feel sorry for these reporters some times...
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3525 posts
259 upvotes
Adelaide
marktang wrote:
Jul 27th, 2018 8:50 pm
I can't see how they can play with each other.
because they potentially haven't chatted on the phone yet you don't see how they could play with each other?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4544 posts
789 upvotes
Toronto
BongoBong wrote:
Jul 29th, 2018 12:30 am
because they potentially haven't chatted on the phone yet you don't see how they could play with each other?
you think Kyle will talk to Kawhi? He is still upset about the whole thing. And kawhi doesn't talk so he won't be the first one to initiate the conversation.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3525 posts
259 upvotes
Adelaide
marktang wrote:
Jul 29th, 2018 8:08 pm
you think Kyle will talk to Kawhi? He is still upset about the whole thing. And kawhi doesn't talk so he won't be the first one to initiate the conversation.
Professionally? Of course he will. Do you think he is going to be giving him the silent treatment for the year? Will he be best buds and chat with him outside of work. Who knows, but its not particularly relevant to whether or not they will be able to play together
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4544 posts
789 upvotes
Toronto
BongoBong wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 12:58 am
Professionally? Of course he will. Do you think he is going to be giving him the silent treatment for the year? Will he be best buds and chat with him outside of work. Who knows, but its not particularly relevant to whether or not they will be able to play together
with Kyle you never know. He never talked to anyone when he first got here. If you play any sports then you will know just talking during on court time won't work. There needs to be some chemistry within the group in order to succeed. We have seen it many times before, just because you have great players it doesn't mean your team is good when there's no chemistry.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3525 posts
259 upvotes
Adelaide
marktang wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 8:04 am
with Kyle you never know. He never talked to anyone when he first got here. If you play any sports then you will know just talking during on court time won't work. There needs to be some chemistry within the group in order to succeed. We have seen it many times before, just because you have great players it doesn't mean your team is good when there's no chemistry.
If you had played team sports you would know that you don't always play with people who are your best buds and you aren't always friends outside of that team. Doesn't mean you can't get along and excel with them while playing. Shaq and Kobe were feuding when they won their championships together, and we know there actually was an issue between those two. What reason do you have for assuming there is already some insurmountable rift between Kyle and Kawhi?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4544 posts
789 upvotes
Toronto
BongoBong wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 9:48 am
If you had played team sports you would know that you don't always play with people who are your best buds and you aren't always friends outside of that team. Doesn't mean you can't get along and excel with them while playing. Shaq and Kobe were feuding when they won their championships together, and we know there actually was an issue between those two. What reason do you have for assuming there is already some insurmountable rift between Kyle and Kawhi?
one i never said you need to play with your best buds and second i didn't say there was a rift between Kyle and Kawhi. So please read properly before you comment. I am simply saying they have not talked at all so it is hard to get a chemistry going. In very rare cases will a team succeed, when there's no chemistry.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3525 posts
259 upvotes
Adelaide
marktang wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 10:00 am
one i never said you need to play with your best buds and second i didn't say there was a rift between Kyle and Kawhi. So please read properly before you comment. I am simply saying they have not talked at all so it is hard to get a chemistry going. In very rare cases will a team succeed, when there's no chemistry.
You said
I can't see how they can play with each other.

Which is an incredibly drastic call. Hard to imagine where you get that unless you see some major rift.

If you think they can't get any chemistry going based on the fact they didn't immediately talk to each other, in the offseason, I think you are reading waaaaay to far into what is basically a nothing story.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4544 posts
789 upvotes
Toronto
BongoBong wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 10:08 am
You said

Which is an incredibly drastic call. Hard to imagine where you get that unless you see some major rift.

If you think they can't get any chemistry going based on the fact they didn't immediately talk to each other, in the offseason, I think you are reading waaaaay to far into what is basically a nothing story.
Yes i said i can't see how they can play together. Does that mean they have to be best buds? No. Does it mean there's a rift between them? No. that's your assumptions. I did not mentioned anything like that. For this Raptors team to succeed, there needs to be some chemistry. We saw that when Kyle play a lot better when he develops chemistry with the other star.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7152 posts
2234 upvotes
Mississauga
marktang wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 10:27 am
Yes i said i can't see how they can play together. Does that mean they have to be best buds? No. Does it mean there's a rift between them? No. that's your assumptions. I did not mentioned anything like that. For this Raptors team to succeed, there needs to be some chemistry. We saw that when Kyle play a lot better when he develops chemistry with the other star.
Who cares. It's Summer time. One is at national team camp, the other is not. You don't need to talk to new acquisitions the immediate second they've been acquired.

There has not been anything to suggest they can't play together.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

nightwalker, UrbanPoet, sg2386