RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4273 posts
1622 upvotes
Global Village
notenoughsleep wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 3:08 am
Raptors interested in signing Greg Monroe. Not sure how he would fit into the system...

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-fr ... 49443.html
He could do some scoring and rebounding off the bench down low if JV gets hurt or in foul trouble. If we can get him for the minimum for this season only then I'd be OK with it.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7156 posts
2237 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 4:54 pm
He could do some scoring and rebounding off the bench down low if JV gets hurt or in foul trouble. If we can get him for the minimum for this season only then I'd be OK with it.
Monroe torched JV all the time. Having him would just be beneficial from a scrimmaging and teaching aspect for JV haha.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
3868 posts
1620 upvotes
Vancouver
scoper wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 4:54 pm
From what little I saw of him play, he's an old-school center. Will he fit in a fast-moving/3-point offense?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4273 posts
1622 upvotes
Global Village
notenoughsleep wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 10:37 pm
From what little I saw of him play, he's an old-school center. Will he fit in a fast-moving/3-point offense?
In the playoffs when the game slows down and our 3-point shots aren't dropping we are going to need some scoring down low from somebody other than JV.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4273 posts
1622 upvotes
Global Village
Something just occured to me, if Kawhi gets hurt again early and he is ruled out for the season will we be good enough to make the playoffs? We're capped out so won't be able to make meaningful mid-season roster changes. Celtics, Sixers, Pacers, Bucks, Pistons, Wizards, Hornets will all make it in imo and we may be left fighting for a spot against the Cavs...
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1211 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 12:07 pm
Something just occured to me, if Kawhi gets hurt again early and he is ruled out for the season will we be good enough to make the playoffs? We're capped out so won't be able to make meaningful mid-season roster changes. Celtics, Sixers, Pacers, Bucks, Pistons, Wizards, Hornets will all make it in imo and we may be left fighting for a spot against the Cavs...
will probably be good enough to make the playoffs, our bench was a huge part of our regular season success last year and we only lost Poetl on that side of things.. but to be certain we probably need to see the development of OG and Pascal this year..
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7156 posts
2237 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 12:07 pm
DimsumDeals wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 12:58 pm
will probably be good enough to make the playoffs, our bench was a huge part of our regular season success last year and we only lost Poetl on that side of things.. but to be certain we probably need to see the development of OG and Pascal this year..
Raptors fans don't care about just making playoffs anyways. :rolleyes:

If Kawhi gets hurt, we might as well go for a protected draft pick.
Apr 4, 2009
864 posts
170 upvotes
geokilla wrote:
Jul 30th, 2018 6:30 pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/torontoraptors ... _hope_and/

Oh God I did not need to see those highlights. CJ on Love.... DeRozan not giving a shit..
I'm honestly shocked Masai even gave Casey and Derozan so many chances after that Washington sweep. That game 2 was a cold hard reality check that both needed to go, but hey 24 points on 23 shots is good right???
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4273 posts
1622 upvotes
Global Village
Well well, NBA TV partners would rather show the Utah Jazz on Xmas than the Raptors! Donovan Mitchell must be seen as a bigger TV draw than any 1 player on our team, and they might have a valid point on that.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7156 posts
2237 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 2:10 pm
Well well, NBA TV partners would rather show the Utah Jazz on Xmas than the Raptors! Donovan Mitchell must be seen as a bigger TV draw than any 1 player on our team, and they might have a valid point on that.
I would pick Donovan Mitchell over this Raptors squad - who the heck knows what we're going to be.

Sorry Uncle (of Kawhi's), you can take a hike!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)