Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge

Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: @ least it was our old pal Demar Derozen.

1% chance @ Wemby?
In theory, Raptors' lottery odds could get better. If the Bulls beat the Heat, then the Raptors' odds jump up to 1.5%. This is because if the Heat lose, they are part of the lottery. Since they have a better record than Raptors, the Raptors move up a spot in the draft (13th to 12th).

The same also applies for OKC. If OKC wins tonight AND beats the Wolves on Friday, then Toronto will move up to the 11th spot with 2% odds.

It's not much, but go Bulls and Thunder!
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19150 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I just want to read what the Masai and Bobby defenders come up with. These last few seasons have been atrocious. We don't have a future now for the forseeable future.

At least this means Raptors ticket prices are going to drop. Right?

Edit: Saw this on RealGM
Nurse actually squeezed blood from a stone again. 41 wins out of a group that shoots 27th in FG's, 28th in threes, 16th in FT's, 27th in True Shooting, and 28th in EFG
Last edited by geokilla on Apr 12th, 2023 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10165 posts
8291 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: I just want to read what the Masai and Bobby defenders come up with. These last few seasons have been atrocious. We don't have a future now for the forseeable future.

At least this means Raptors ticket prices are going to drop. Right?

Edit: Saw this on RealGM
I'd like to read your master plan for what you would do as GM.
Wave your magic wand and sign whoever you want, right?
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19150 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
shikotee wrote: I'd like to read your master plan for what you would do as GM.
Keep our picks. Trade our starters and tank like Portland. There's no guarantee Poeltl is going to sign with us in the off season. Don't see a reason for him to either.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10165 posts
8291 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: Keep our picks. Trade our starters and tank like Portland. There's no guarantee Poeltl is going to sign with us in the off season. Don't see a reason for him to either.
My read here is you have never ever played any team sport in your entire life.
Am I wrong?

There's "no guarantee" any pick would amount to anything.
There's never any guarantees in sports.
Risk is always part of the equation.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
3540 posts
3232 upvotes
Etobicoke
The Raps need a player like LaVine who can take over a game when others are struggling and get buckets.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10165 posts
8291 upvotes
Toronto
NoFrillBill wrote: The Raps need a player like LaVine who can take over a game when others are struggling and get buckets.
I believe the hope was Trent was such a guy.
He clearly was not.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
sg2386 wrote: Raptors ending the season in the most Raptors way possible. Blowing a nearly 20 point game against the Bulls…at home. Embarrassing.

Hope that one play-in revenue game was worth it for MLSE. Definitely needs to be changes in the off season because this core ain’t taking this team anywhere.
Yeah, it was brutal.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19150 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
shikotee wrote: My read here is you have never ever played any team sport in your entire life.
Am I wrong?
Does playing soccer during the summer as an 8 year old count? Otherwise, you are correct. I wasn't skilled enough to play on any team sport during elementary and high school. I only played for fun after school with my friends. Often got picked last or near last. At least I had the nickname "Yao Ming" and I got sacked in the balls because I beat a more skilled kid in elimination during recess. Highlight in my sports career tbh.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
joeyjoejoe wrote: In theory, Raptors' lottery odds could get better. If the Bulls beat the Heat, then the Raptors' odds jump up to 1.5%. This is because if the Heat lose, they are part of the lottery. Since they have a better record than Raptors, the Raptors move up a spot in the draft (13th to 12th).

The same also applies for OKC. If OKC wins tonight AND beats the Wolves on Friday, then Toronto will move up to the 11th spot with 2% odds.

It's not much, but go Bulls and Thunder!
Let me dream… lol.

“the Magic became the only team ever to win the lottery after finishing at .500 or better. Their 41-41 record gave them the worst lottery odds, but their 1.5 percent chance came through.

Orlando selected Chris Webber with their No.1 pick,”
shikotee wrote: I'd like to read your master plan for what you would do as GM.
Realistically… sign all our shitty good players. Like VanVleet & GTJ… then hope we can trade them to build more depth. Or luck out on landing a star (unlikely but tiny possibility).
scoper wrote: Who you rooting for now, Kyle or Demar to win Friday?
Oh wow. Thats like saying do you love mommy or daddy more? Lol
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10745 posts
7903 upvotes
Global Village
iamskyhigh wrote: Hope we don’t see GTJ back next year
Disagree, his poor play has allowed you to re-sign him at a discount which should make him a more attractive trade asset later.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3685 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
UrbanPoet wrote: Let me dream… lol.

“the Magic became the only team ever to win the lottery after finishing at .500 or better. Their 41-41 record gave them the worst lottery odds, but their 1.5 percent chance came through.

Orlando selected Chris Webber with their No.1 pick,”

Realistically… sign all our shitty good players. Like VanVleet & GTJ… then hope we can trade them to build more depth. Or luck out on landing a star (unlikely but tiny possibility).

Oh wow. Thats like saying do you love mommy or daddy more? Lol
TBH, I don't trust any draft lottery stats from David Stern era, there was lotta sketchy sht going on back then lol
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
3540 posts
3232 upvotes
Etobicoke
shikotee wrote: I believe the hope was Trent was such a guy.
He clearly was not.
The Raps brass were deluding themselves if they thought that.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
NoFrillBill wrote: The Raps brass were deluding themselves if they thought that.
I’m highly suspicious of the front office now.
I fear due to MLSE ownership, raptors will turn into leafs. They’ll stop caring about winning because tickets keep selling.
Powell move was for sure to save money. GTJ looked good @ first, but suuuper streaky.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1769 posts
2061 upvotes
Toronto
That was just sad to watch…Raptors are getting roasted by social media and ESPN etc for missing so many fts and Diar Derozan being the real MVP of the game! Grimacing Face The Bulls turned it up a notch and Lavine became Jordan in the second half. If we hit a few more fts, we win this thing comfortably Crying Face…hopefully there will be some effective changes in the off-season…and the draft can be a bit lucky for us Four Leaf Clover
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3685 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
in perspective, I'd rather lose to Demar and be done with it, than having to watch Giannis sweep Raptors.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6254 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
Where are y’all siakam nut huggers at. Dude has a chance to tie the game at the end with 3 fts but only makes 1. This guy being paid almost 40 mil a season. LET THAT SINK IN FOLKS.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
They missed half of their FT 18 out of 36. How can they win? Nurse used the starters heavily lend to the downfall.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
GTJs downfall is all because of the coach. This seemed like his worst year as a Raptor. A failure at how to use him.

Players clearly became less engaged as the season progressed because Nurse lost the locker room. It was a disservice to not fire him mid-season to avoid distraction.

Siakam was playing some ridiculous basketball...and then something happened. Could be fatigue from heavy minutes, or something in the locker room to do with the coach, or something else. But disengagement of the players certainly couldn't have helped.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10745 posts
7903 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote: GTJs downfall is all because of the coach. This seemed like his worst year as a Raptor. A failure at how to use him.

Players clearly became less engaged as the season progressed because Nurse lost the locker room. It was a disservice to not fire him mid-season to avoid distraction.

Siakam was playing some ridiculous basketball...and then something happened. Could be fatigue from heavy minutes, or something in the locker room to do with the coach, or something else. But disengagement of the players certainly couldn't have helped.
GTJ wasn't effective after the Jakob trade when he was benched. But if you had kept him a starter who else would you have benched instead?

I thought the NN decision to take the ball off Pascal's hands during the season was controversial because Pascal was making strides as a floor general and adding assists to his game which would have helped him lock up an All-NBA spot. But it would have come at the expense of Scottie and Fred, it turned out to be a smart decision because Scottie and Fred both improved as playmakers by the end of the season. The strain between Pascal and Nurse though has been there all season imo and that is the main reason he is most likely going to leave with 1 year on his deal and go to Houston.

Side note, Diar DeRozan is getting front page ESPN hero treatment today.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/361 ... ay-victory
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)