Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13379 posts
2711 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
And to think the spread was -3 before the game.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4286 posts
1628 upvotes
Global Village
A perfect 3 qtrs by Serge, it's become clear that Kyle and Serge need to be playing together for as long as possible on the floor.

I know they were on the 2nd night of a back2back but if you're Kawhi watching this game which of these 2 teams would you rather sign long-term with?
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5056 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 11:59 pm
A perfect 3 qtrs by Serge, it's become clear that Kyle and Serge need to be playing together for as long as possible on the floor.

I know they were on the 2nd night of a back2back but if you're Kawhi watching this game which of these 2 teams would you rather sign long-term with?
True.

Raptors were red-hot tonight. Amazing offense and suffocating defense - and this was without Kawhi.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7190 posts
2254 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 11:59 pm

To be fair, Kyle has been a man on a mission this season and anyone could be playing with him and benefitting. He's the real MVP so far this season.

Add to that, Serge seems young again. Maybe it's all that special weird ingredients he's been cooking on his YouTube show for his teammates and friends haha. Best he's ever played since his OKC days.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7190 posts
2254 upvotes
Mississauga
notenoughsleep wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 2:13 am
Is this a contract year for ibaka?
No, it's the second year of his 3-year contract. Whether it was the humble pie spanking in the playoffs, or the one guranteed season of Kawhi, or the shake up of a new coach, or a combination of things, he's a different player this season. Hopefully he can maintain for the whole season.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
2640 posts
1280 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kenchau wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 6:23 am
No, it's the second year of his 3-year contract. Whether it was the humble pie spanking in the playoffs, or the one guranteed season of Kawhi, or the shake up of a new coach, or a combination of things, he's a different player this season. Hopefully he can maintain for the whole season.
^This and also I believe the Raps are setting him up for a great playoff run. Toronto is not playing any hog ball now, and everyone is pitching in equally.

This team for sure will be deadly this season, and quite frankly I think GS will only be the team who can match up to them. Lets wait and see them play each other on November 29!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
1946 posts
445 upvotes
Ottawa
Great win for the Raps without Kahwi. Starters again played amazing. Bench not so much. Ujiri needs to find a creative way to move off Norman Powell and that 10 million/ year deal. He’s not good enough to be on this team.
Apr 4, 2009
865 posts
170 upvotes
In today's meta, Serge is the ideal C and no idea why he was paired with JV as a PF to begin with. More reason for Casey deserving the boot.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1218 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
Loving Nurse,
he makes timely timeouts even before the Lakers get full on momentum
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4286 posts
1628 upvotes
Global Village
kitchensink wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 10:10 am
In today's meta, Serge is the ideal C and no idea why he was paired with JV as a PF to begin with. More reason for Casey deserving the boot.
Consistently playing him with JV looks like Casey's biggest mistake offensively in retrospect, it forced him to stand outside and chuck shots.
If Serge continues playing like he did in Milwaukee and LA he could be an all-star this season.

But the fact that JV has accepted his new bench role and still played so well says a lot about his team-1st attitude. Show me another starting C in the league who would accept a bench role despite playing well last season. If it was me getting benched after the season he had last year I would have asked for a trade, especially since JV has the option to be a free agent this coming summer and should be thinking about maximizing his next salary, the guy's unselfishness could be a key to having our best team season ever.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4286 posts
1628 upvotes
Global Village
sg2386 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 9:58 am
Great win for the Raps without Kahwi. Starters again played amazing. Bench not so much. Ujiri needs to find a creative way to move off Norman Powell and that 10 million/ year deal. He’s not good enough to be on this team.
As CJ continues to struggle with his shot I can't help but wonder if we should trade him for Kyle Korver before another east contender trades for him.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5111 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto
kitchensink wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 10:10 am
meta...you been playing too much dota 2
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | Bauer Supreme 1S LE/Bauer Vapor X2.7
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Tacks 9040
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7190 posts
2254 upvotes
Mississauga
scoper wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 1:15 pm
Consistently playing him with JV looks like Casey's biggest mistake offensively in retrospect, it forced him to stand outside and chuck shots.
If Serge continues playing like he did in Milwaukee and LA he could be an all-star this season.

But the fact that JV has accepted his new bench role and still played so well says a lot about his team-1st attitude. Show me another starting C in the league who would accept a bench role despite playing well last season. If it was me getting benched after the season he had last year I would have asked for a trade, especially since JV has the option to be a free agent this coming summer and should be thinking about maximizing his next salary, the guy's unselfishness could be a key to having our best team season ever.
Many suggested for quite some time, it would make sense for JV to be with the second unit, as it would give him more opportunities on offense rather than be third/fouth option on the starting lineup. But then you had your MaximDudes who was like, that is absolute utter nonsense, and he will not have it - JV is a starter yada yada yada.

Glad Nurse has stepped outside of the box and gone with it. What the second unit is missing now is a hustle guy (which used to be Siakam). But maybe when Delon is in full stride, he will make up for that.

Powell though, definitely needs to go.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7858 posts
2957 upvotes
Markham
kenchau wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 4:48 pm
Many suggested for quite some time, it would make sense for JV to be with the second unit, as it would give him more opportunities on offense rather than be third/fouth option on the starting lineup. But then you had your MaximDudes who was like, that is absolute utter nonsense, and he will not have it - JV is a starter yada yada yada.

Glad Nurse has stepped outside of the box and gone with it. What the second unit is missing now is a hustle guy (which used to be Siakam). But maybe when Delon is in full stride, he will make up for that.

Powell though, definitely needs to go.
JV is a team player... Whatever works is good. He might start in some games... It depends on match ups.

Message to Masai.... Please sign Siakam to a long term deal right now. It's going to cost us more and more if we wait.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)