Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge - NBA CHAMPIONS!

Temp. Banned
Apr 24, 2018
580 posts
34 upvotes
i have a bad feeling last night's game was a sample of what we're going to see in the playoffs.

Kawhi was great for 3.5 quarters. but when it mattered most, he threw up bricks and airballs. unfortunately, this has been a pattern for him in big moments this entire season.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
2455 posts
1204 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Guys, I still think we're too early in our predictions. I understand the All-Star break is coming up soon, but let's not judge these athletes because of this game. There are teams loosing to teams we wouldn't expect happening. For instance, OKC looking to ATL. Just because we lost this game doesn't mean the bench is bad. Ups and downs are part of teams, it's about getting back up and going at it the next game. If you notice most plays the Raptors did was pure team work, which they never did before. Kyle just came back from his injury, let him heal and let him feel the basketball again.

No matter if they win or loose, I'm always reppin the 6ix! whose with me? Same goes for TFC, Blue Jays, and Leafs. They are OUR team! Let's not loose faith in them over a lousy game...
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Temp. Banned
Apr 24, 2018
580 posts
34 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:10 am
Guys, I still think we're too early in our predictions. I understand the All-Star break is coming up soon, but let's not judge these athletes because of this game. There are teams loosing to teams we wouldn't expect happening. For instance, OKC looking to ATL. Just because we lost this game doesn't mean the bench is bad. Ups and downs are part of teams, it's about getting back up and going at it the next game. If you notice most plays the Raptors did was pure team work, which they never did before. Kyle just came back from his injury, let him heal and let him feel the basketball again.

No matter if they win or loose, I'm always reppin the 6ix! whose with me? Same goes for TFC, Blue Jays, and Leafs. They are OUR team! Let's not loose faith in them over a lousy game...
you can't compare last night's game to OKC vs ATL.

the mentality going in to the Raptor/Celtics game last night was that of a playoff game. even the commentators mentioned how it felt like a playoff game. these teams know it's very likely they'll be meeting in the playoffs this year and last night was a preview.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1103 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
FVV is so damn inconsistent, not a fan of this guy.

Ibaka has really turned it around this season daym!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1981 posts
320 upvotes
Red Deer
DimsumDeals wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:45 am
FVV is so damn inconsistent, not a fan of this guy.

Ibaka has really turned it around this season daym!
This and also he's so small, almost every player he's up against simply towers over him, effectively neutering him.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4108 posts
1497 upvotes
Global Village
lamboman wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:10 am
Just because we lost this game doesn't mean the bench is bad. Ups and downs are part of teams, it's about getting back up and going at it the next game. If you notice most plays the Raptors did was pure team work, which they never did before. Kyle just came back from his injury, let him heal and let him feel the basketball again.

I am with you on supporting the team through ups and downs, I beg to differ on the bench evaluation, offensively they have consistently not looked good this season, they rely on Fred bailing them out with a shot in the last few seconds and it has become a requirement that 1 of Pascal, Danny, Kawhi be on the floor with them at all times so the other team can't dominate them. There is still hope though that we make a move to bring in a scoring wing to boost the bench, has to be someone who can shoot and pass well. Whatever happened to Nick Young, did he retire? We should bring Swaggy P in for a look to see if he can still make shots. Maybe even Melo if we're desperate.
Last edited by scoper on Jan 17th, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9234 posts
530 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 1:46 pm
I am with you on supporting the team through ups and downs, I beg to differ on the bench evaluation, offensively they have consistently not looked good this season, they rely on Fred bailing them out with a shot in the last few seconds and it has become a requirement that 1 of Pascal, Danny, Kawhi be on the floor with them at all times so the other team can't dominate them. There is still hope though that we make a move to bring in a scoring wing to boost the bench, has to be someone who can shoot and pass well. Whatever happened to Nick Young, did he retire? We should bring Swaggy P in for a look to see if he can still make shots.
I definitely agree.

CJ Miles was supposed to help with the 3 point problems but with him sucking, it really looks bad.

Delon is getting worse. I understand that he is a defensive player but at this point, he should be producing offensively.

FVV makes so much mistakes. He is usually getting bailed out and when that doesnt work, the other team goes on a run. He slows the offense down.

The good thing is that JV will be back and Powell got better.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
Nov 3, 2014
813 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lowry missing 2 FTs, Serge missing a wide open dunk, Fred VanVleet fouling Oubre's desperation 3.

What a way to end the quarter
Nov 3, 2014
813 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thought Pascal was taking too much time, but then I forgot how quick he was when he went to the rim :lol:

It's only going to get better for Siakam from here
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
1897 posts
431 upvotes
Ottawa
That finish with Siakam was a nail-biter.

CJ finally shows up....against the Suns Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6906 posts
2151 upvotes
Mississauga
Well, that's all she wrote folks... let's pack it up.

Cousins looked good last night. It's a legit all-star calibre starting line up. No point going for it this year. Maybe consider trading Kawhi and Lowry.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11268 posts
1881 upvotes
So this popped up in my YouTube recommended. He goes into the details of sports injuries. It good insight with the very little information we know about Kawhi's quad injury and likely explains why he doesn't play B2Bs.

Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4108 posts
1497 upvotes
Global Village
kenchau wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 9:01 am
Well, that's all she wrote folks... let's pack it up.

Cousins looked good last night. It's a legit all-star calibre starting line up. No point going for it this year. Maybe consider trading Kawhi and Lowry.
They look like they could sweep their way to another chip. Boogie was still moving slow but he makes up for it with his passing, shooting. Even if you do a great job at defending them you can't outshoot them over a series. Your best bet is to slow the pace and try to mess with the heads of Draymond/Boogie so the fouls and technicals pile up for them and you mess up their team shooting rhythm.
All day I dream about sports

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)