Sports & Recreation

RFD Raptors Lounge

Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
2194 posts
3572 upvotes
Toronto
You can’t tell me the Raptors are not tanking right now. All 5 starters out. Some legit reasons, others are probably recovered but they want to just keep saying they’re injured. Masai is all in on this year’s draft to get a high draft pick- maybe he sees a Barnes in the draft that others don’t.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2042 posts
2338 upvotes
Back in the day, when the Raptors were still bad, you could get cheap seats for a game and move down to the expensive seating during half time. Basketball wasn't popular back then and a lot of the expensive seats went unsold. The ushers didn't really care and just let people move into those seats.

They are bad again but don't see being able to change seats like that happening anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6254 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
maple1 wrote: Back in the day, when the Raptors were still bad, you could get cheap seats for a game and move down to the expensive seating during half time. Basketball wasn't popular back then and a lot of the expensive seats went unsold. The ushers didn't really care and just let people move into those seats.

They are bad again but don't see being able to change seats like that happening anymore.
Back then I could get a single family home outside of the GTA for 150k.

Oh how times have changedddddddddddd.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2042 posts
2338 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: Back then I could get a single family home outside of the GTA for 150k.

Oh how times have changedddddddddddd.
Yep, out of luck on both counts.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2014
2206 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Someone needs to pay Rudy Gobert's fine. He's 100% right about gambling affecting the league and the sport.

There's no way Porter isn't the only one (willingly or unwillingly)
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7904 upvotes
Global Village
So players can't bet themselves but their wives, family and friends can and each team has to track those bets?! Sounds like a nightmare job.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10166 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote: So players can't bet themselves but their wives, family and friends can and each team has to track those bets?! Sounds like a nightmare job.
Or just hire an interpreter and bet through them.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
shikotee wrote: Or just hire an interpreter and bet through them.
Lol Pete Rose said, if I had an interpreter back then, I'd be scott free.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6254 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
Bruce Brown career avg in points is 8.9

How this MF making 22 million this season and 23 million next?
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19151 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
iamskyhigh wrote: Bruce Brown career avg in points is 8.9

How this MF making 22 million this season and 23 million next?
He bet on himself.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10166 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
Is anyone here actually watching these games?
With tonight, 12 L's in a row.

I would imagine some season ticket holders must be pissed.
Going to these games must feel weird in contrast to previous years, and earlier parts of season.

I think I heard someone mention ticket prices will be going up next season?
Have the Raptors developed a significant corporate interest (akin to the Leafs) where tickets will be bought regardless?
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)