Beauty & Wellness

The RFD traditional wet shaving thread (Double edge and straight razor talk)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2017 10:36 am
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2001
1299 posts
16 upvotes
So, its been 1.5yrs since I started this and there is no turning back. For those who are on the fence and shave often don't hesitate and get yourself a razor and a few pack of blades.

For those who are still active in this thread, are there any other popular aftershaves (other than Lucky Tiger) you guys recommend?
Hybrid88 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2015 12:31 am
Good thread and thanks to all the posters here. Will see how the Edwin Jagger and Astra blades work out. I'm sure its gonna be better than paying a small fortune for the refill cartridges.
Sep 30, 2008
596 posts
246 upvotes
Pickering
Hybrid88 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 10:04 pm
So, its been 1.5yrs since I started this and there is no turning back. For those who are on the fence and shave often don't hesitate and get yourself a razor and a few pack of blades.

For those who are still active in this thread, are there any other popular aftershaves (other than Lucky Tiger) you guys recommend?
I completely agree with you, there is indeed no turning back. I have only been wet shaving for less than a year, maybe 8-9 months, and honestly wish I switched earlier and did not ponder on it for so long before making the jump. I also use the same equipment as you, an Edwin Jagger (DE89) and Astra SP blades.

As for aftershaves, I've actually been meaning to try out Lucky Tiger but have not had the chance yet. I currently use Thayers Witch Hazel or Nivea aftershave balm. Can't really recommend much beyond those as I have not tried others as yet.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1724 posts
257 upvotes
so using shaving Gel and Mech 3 Turbo , am I not a wet shaver?
Mech 3 one cartridge works almost 3 months for me ( I only shave on alternate days and skip the remaining one day so totoal 3 days a week) .
My dad uses that one blade shaving but burns as hell...... Mech 3 Turbo , you can't beat it.... I use no aftershave
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1301 posts
309 upvotes
Aurora
Asker123 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 3:20 pm
so using shaving Gel and Mech 3 Turbo , am I not a wet shaver?
Technically, you are not a wet shaver. I scoured the internet and you'd have to use a wet brush in your routine to be a wet shaver. And even then, most of us in this thread wouldn't consider you a wet shaver because you're not a TRADITIONAL wet shaver...
I have a soft/easy beard, like you, but I wouldn't look back...
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel