• Nov 18th, 2016 12:24 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
3905 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
The panel in these is just the A- version. It's cheaper. There are defects. 99% of you won't care, and if you do, go purchase a monitor that is twice the price.

They are LED backlit. They are the same model LG IPS panel as what is used in the Apple 27" displays.

Apple 27":
http://www.techrepublic.com/photos/crac ... 041?seq=33

Catleap (scroll to OC vs Non-OC montors and expand the monitor internals:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1225919/yama ... nitor-club

Read through the OC Catleap club thread to learn more about the monitor.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
So even if you get defects, it's so cheap you could probably sell it to someone on kijiji who doesn't mind (given that you be honest and also mention it).
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
2890 posts
229 upvotes
CALGARY
Will wait till newegg starts selling these. Good price though for IPS.
For Sale in Calgary :
PS4 GAMES - NHL 16 + NBA LIVE 16 + Assassin's Creed Syndicate = $85
Apr 21, 2011
77 posts
10 upvotes
HAMILTON
Some of the manufacturers have pixel perfect guarantees, and will take warranty covered returns though.

As for the negative feedback, it hasn't been any worse than what I saw for virtually every other high end monitor. A- panel isn't necessarily defective.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1240 posts
52 upvotes
AdmiralButthurt wrote:
May 31st, 2012 4:12 pm
Some of the manufacturers have pixel perfect guarantees, and will take warranty covered returns though.

As for the negative feedback, it hasn't been any worse than what I saw for virtually every other high end monitor. A- panel isn't necessarily defective.

I bought mine in perfect condition from eBay an I love it. No problems at all! I would say buying through eBay using PayPal from a seller who is selling a perfect pixel version is safer than these guys.
May 1, 2007
248 posts
20 upvotes
Raimond wrote:
May 31st, 2012 4:31 pm
I bought mine in perfect condition from eBay an I love it. No problems at all! I would say buying through eBay using PayPal from a seller who is selling a perfect pixel version is safer than these guys.

Ditto... I managed to receive a screen that just so happened to be a perfect pixel version. I only paid $300 shipped too (from dream-seller on ebay). It's a seriously amazing screen for the price.

It comes with a Korean power cord, but you can just use any old regular North American monitor/computer power cord just fine. It has an external adapter that converts to 24v as well, so the wall voltage doesn't matter.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1240 posts
52 upvotes
kashwashwa wrote:
May 31st, 2012 4:50 pm
Ditto... I managed to receive a screen that just so happened to be a perfect pixel version. I only paid $300 shipped too (from dream-seller on ebay). It's a seriously amazing screen for the price.

It comes with a Korean power cord, but you can just use any old regular North American monitor/computer power cord just fine. It has an external adapter that converts to 24v as well, so the wall voltage doesn't matter.

My seller, bigclothcraft, helped me by sellin as gift, giving universal power adapter, and even a 110v to 240v power supply. That and free shipping too that wa extreme express (less than 24 hours from Korea to Toronto!). Very happy with pixel perfect guarantee as well
May 29, 2011
925 posts
136 upvotes
KANATA
Superboot wrote:
May 31st, 2012 12:40 pm
too many reported defects, deal is cold.

Thats BS

Very few defects.
These screens are beyond awesome. Anyone looking for a screen would be very foolish not to give these screens serious consideration.

I paid $320 for a screen thats comparable to screens 3-4x the price.

Im sorry, this is as hot as it gets. IMHO, this is hotter then the HP touchpad sale.
Screw Canada Computers and their BS pricematch LIES!
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
1556 posts
285 upvotes
Markham
I bought a catleap back in feb, no dead pixels, it was perfect.
May 21, 2008
517 posts
91 upvotes
Winnipeg
Raimond wrote:
May 31st, 2012 6:00 pm
My seller, bugclothcraft, helped me by sellin as gift, giving universal power adapter, and even a 110v to 240v power supply. That and free shipping too that wa extreme express (less than 24 hours from Korea to Toronto!). Very happy with pixel perfect guarantee as well

One buyer from this vendor, bigclothcraft, upon receiving a DOA monitor (relatively rare event, but it happens) claims bigclothcraft paid return shipping to Korea, despite his ebay page clearly stating that buyer must pay that. If that info is true, that's a big deal, as most do not. If you choose that vendor, try to confirm that information over at over____.net forum threads about these monitors, and with the vendor. That's the risky part of these deals: +$200? one way shipping to Korea to get warranty honoured if anything goes wrong. I decided to risk it for $300, and got a Catleap version of this monitor, $319 +$31 taxes/duty, from ebay vendor green-sum. Free shipping, got here in 6 days. Zero bad pixels, no bleeding, perfectly even illumination. Incredible deal if you are one of the 90% or so who get lucky with no bad pixels, no bleeding. etc. Impressive screen. According to 120hz.net, the manufacturer of the Yamakasi Catleap monitor (Catleap = same LG panel as these Achievas) *might* make a limited new batch of the "2B" version, the one that can overclock reliably to 120hz. The small number of currently for sale "overclockable" Catleaps are apparently NOT the same versions as the truly coveted versions, of which there are still none available, as yet. If that's what you are looking for, maybe wait it out awhile, and check the news updates over at 120hz.net.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
3905 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
FWIW I contacted the guy who is runs the site. It's not going live for at least 2 weeks.
Apr 21, 2006
113 posts
15 upvotes
I got one of these Achieva Shimians, the Pixel Perfect version through eBay.

It really is pixel perfect - no dead, stuck, or hot pixels. No tints on mine.

On the back the monitor is stamped as "A". I read reports of others getting ones stamped as "A+".

Anyways, great deal.

Achieva is the OEM for Hazro, so you can read the TFT Central review here (HZ27WC model):

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hazro_hz27wa.htm
Feb 8, 2008
216 posts
80 upvotes
--
I wish the 30 inchers were as good a deal (ie. $500 for one)
× < >