Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

RFD's Official Korean 27" 2.5K (2560x1440 resolution) Monitor Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2016 12:24 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 21, 2006
117 posts
16 upvotes
You guys can try out Red-Cap. Here's the pixel perfect version I bought from him.

Code: Select all

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/330723707326
It took 5 days shipping including the weekend. It was wrapped in about 1/2 inch bubble wrap and was marked as $250 in value. You'll likely have to pay DHL a $10 handling fee + GST/HST/PST, but no other taxes.

If you want to save a few bucks, make an offer for $20 less than his buy now price ($359.99 - $20).

And yes, it was pixel perfect. You can try buying a non-pixel perfect version for less, but there's a chance of getting dead/stuck/hot pixels.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1676 posts
1073 upvotes
Ottawa Valley
gunsmokez wrote: Same goes for me as the other poster before me, would be great if someone can recommend a seller.

Green-sum

Some of the better prices and got mine in 3 days. I had a friend over today to see my Shimian and after 5min he said its the best looking screen he has ever seen. Im ordering him one tonight.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts.
Jun 28, 2007
360 posts
129 upvotes
BigClothCraft - they are great and I have confirmed that they pay return shipping both ways if unit is DOA.
Feb 12, 2012
459 posts
476 upvotes
chengdaddy wrote: hi why would u say pixel perfect is much *******? sorry if i missed a **
just wondering why

thanks
Perfect pixel only means that a monitor is double checked to be within spec. Which means it will have no more than 5 dead pixels. It does not mean it will have no dead pixels or flaws.
Oct 16, 2011
109 posts
13 upvotes
I got one of the overclockable refresh rate Catleaps from 120hz.net. Sure is pretty. Was $450 if I remember correctly.
Apr 21, 2006
117 posts
16 upvotes
Srimok wrote: Perfect pixel only means that a monitor is double checked to be within spec. Which means it will have no more than 5 dead pixels. It does not mean it will have no dead pixels or flaws.
It depends on the manufacturer's policy. For example, Catleap's pixel perfect screens guarantee 0 bright dots (no red, green, or blue stuck pixels), but dead pixels (black pixels) are considered normal.

Dead pixels are less annoying than stuck pixels.

What you want is a pixel perfect display from the manufacturer, plus a seller who manually checks the display for defects.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1676 posts
1073 upvotes
Ottawa Valley
5fingerdeal wrote: It depends on the manufacturer's policy. For example, Catleap's pixel perfect screens guarantee 0 bright dots (no red, green, or blue stuck pixels), but dead pixels (black pixels) are considered normal.

Dead pixels are less annoying than stuck pixels.

What you want is a pixel perfect display from the manufacturer, plus a seller who manually checks the display for defects.

Either way I think the premium you pay for pixel perfect isnt worth it.
That being said, my friend came over to see my Shimian and got me to order him one last night with plans on another 2.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts.
May 7, 2006
364 posts
20 upvotes
It says in the documentation that this monitor will not work with a laptop. Is that accurate? If my laptop can output 2560x1440 over HDMI, can't I simply use a HDMI to DVI adapter? Or is this some other reason that I may not be aware of.

Thanks in advance.
Heatware: 100% positive
My heatware
Username moguy
May 16, 2011
644 posts
669 upvotes
MARKHAM
moguy wrote: It says in the documentation that this monitor will not work with a laptop. Is that accurate? If my laptop can output 2560x1440 over HDMI, can't I simply use a HDMI to DVI adapter? Or is this some other reason that I may not be aware of.

Thanks in advance.

There is no HDMI -> DL-DVI adapter. A Single Link HDMI signal at greater than 165 mhz pixel clock is not the same as a dual-link DVI signal at the same pixel clock.

If you somehow find such an adapter, it would theoretically work.
May 7, 2006
364 posts
20 upvotes
kevinsbane wrote: There is no HDMI -> DL-DVI adapter. A Single Link HDMI signal at greater than 165 mhz pixel clock is not the same as a dual-link DVI signal at the same pixel clock.

If you somehow find such an adapter, it would theoretically work.

Thanks for the info. I almost ordered this.
Heatware: 100% positive
My heatware
Username moguy
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1490 posts
336 upvotes
Can I hook this up to my MacBook air and iPad 2?
Dec 7, 2005
358 posts
100 upvotes
Halifax
I picked this one up on the weekend from BigClothCraft (BCC) when it was $329 (he's since up'd the price to $359):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-2 ... 20c5cc7231

He sent me an email asking if he could mark it as a gift and said I should mark the value as what it is as Canada customs is more picky in his experience so took his advice and had him mark it at $300 (this also helps if it's damaged in shipping for insurance!). There are a number of customs and duty calculators you can use to figure how much it will cost to get it in (around $35 extra in my case). He ships it through DHL and I understand they have a flat brokerage fee ($7 - $10 or something?). He also asks you for your video card to help people who can't actually use this with their system. As others have said here, he seems like a really good seller and trust worthy and I remember someone else mentioning BCC let them use his DHL account to ship back a DOA monitor something the others are ify on.

I purchased the 3 year square trade warranty at $50 as over on Overclockers they said they just mail you a cheque for these monitors which sounds good to me (45 day waiting period though!).

I'll get a review up with some pictures once it arrives since Potalion 2710QW hasn't been reviewed much yet. I was assured it's the same panel as the rest of them though.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2004
3471 posts
90 upvotes
Hooped wrote: I picked this one up on the weekend from BigClothCraft (BCC) when it was $329 (he's since up'd the price to $359):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-2 ... 20c5cc7231

He sent me an email asking if he could mark it as a gift and said I should mark the value as what it is as Canada customs is more picky in his experience so took his advice and had him mark it at $300 (this also helps if it's damaged in shipping for insurance!). There are a number of customs and duty calculators you can use to figure how much it will cost to get it in (around $35 extra in my case). He ships it through DHL and I understand they have a flat brokerage fee ($7 - $10 or something?). He also asks you for your video card to help people who can't actually use this with their system. As others have said here, he seems like a really good seller and trust worthy and I remember someone else mentioning BCC let them use his DHL account to ship back a DOA monitor something the others are ify on.

I purchased the 3 year square trade warranty at $50 as over on Overclockers they said they just mail you a cheque for these monitors which sounds good to me (45 day waiting period though!).

I'll get a review up with some pictures once it arrives since Potalion 2710QW hasn't been reviewed much yet. I was assured it's the same panel as the rest of them though.

hope to see your review soon. was curious about these as well since very little detail on them
Nov 14, 2005
373 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
utopianbl wrote: Cheers, was close to buying one

Woops! I spoke too soon. If you have a Macbook (Air) with a mini display port, you can buy a mini display port to dual-link DVI adapter (apple makes one - not sure if there are others) that should work. At least according to the Anandtech review posted above in this thread. Still not going to work with an Ipad though.