Entrepreneurship & Small Business

RFQs on Alibaba - how come they fill so fast?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2014 4:46 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 6, 2013
136 posts
3 upvotes

RFQs on Alibaba - how come they fill so fast?

often I do not get a chance to quote the buyer because number of quotes maxes out in minutes if not seconds. are these other suppliers using some kind of automated system to quote?
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5028 posts
752 upvotes
Probably. You have to watch with Alibaba, I see a lot of shady stuff going on there.
I would make sure they've been there for atleast 3-4 years, Gold supplier, and take escrow.
The whole site is run really poorly, which makes everything even more shady. It seems they have very little care if someone is a fraud. We're talking transactions in the tens of thousands of dollars, there should be some type of immediate support.
I didn't really use the RFQ, I got some decent replies from it, but I found the best ones through searching myself.
Jul 23, 2014
37 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Download Trade Manager if you already havent- Most of them use some generic Chinese Software- like an ebay sniper. Most big companies have dedicated bidding staff in front of the computer- its really hard to beat that. I guess being a gold supplier might have its plusses if you want to get clients. My current suppliers are no longer or Alibaba as they are on full capacity- say it costs too much and they take a cut off everything- but to build you base it might be worth it.
Banned
Aug 19, 2014
5 posts
Toronto, ON
have you ever consider to get a person to buy for you from China directly ?