Home & Garden

Rhino Central Vacuum - any good?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 10:43 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 27, 2017
3 posts
yeah , great deal and quality , its made in Canada (Stratford , Ontario) I purchased last year , still running :)
but they changed the item number at Costco .
Sep 27, 2017
3 posts
Well I have mine since 1 ...maybe 1 1/2 year and still runs great ...But they now have the 700 Air Watts !
Mine is a 600 Air watts and sucks like crazy ...I imagine the 700 ...!
Bags are evrywhere by the way , on Costco.ca and all of the small vacuum retailers have that bag!
Sep 28, 2017
1 posts
Hey, Rick70, do you recommend me the Rhino Vac central vacuum? I am looking for a new one and don't know what to choose...
Sep 27, 2017
3 posts
Yes for sure ! I have nothing bad to say about the unit and the accessorys that came with it!
Aug 10, 2017
35 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
Philer wrote:
Mar 28th, 2016 9:39 pm
Costco has this unit on sale again at $389. Debating on whether to get this unit or ante up for the Husky Storm which is also on Sale but $200 more. This will be my first central vac so I really don't know much about them. Plan to set it up in my basement that I am finishing so a quieter unit is preferred. I can't find the noise level of the Rhino, the Husky is rated at 63 db. Comments or opinions are much appreciated.
If you have the vacuum for 10 years that is only $20 per year averaging out. When buying a vacuum or even an appliance I have always found spending more and getting a better product is usually better idea.
Feb 3, 2009
26 posts
Whitby
Are the bags a necessity, or will the dust just collect in the bin at the bottom like in old school models? Mine is mounted in the garage, so minor amounts of dust are not a big deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2016
4183 posts
84 upvotes
SK
How is this compared to the Husky brand. We just bought one today in store for $479 to replace some no name brand we have that's already had the motor replaced once, and looking to die again

My current vacuum while loud does have a couple advantages. One, bagless, I just have to dump a bottom canister every few months, and two, the unit has a master on/off switch. I can hook a hose directly to the side of it and vacuum in the garage where it is setup.

The Husky also seems to only be able to have the air intake on the left side, and my piping is on the right. And unless I jury rig a pipe to go above or below and then back into the pipe, I don't see any other way to do this.
Oct 29, 2017
1 posts
Help from anyone using the Rhino Deluxe central Vaccum carpet, air with mop attachment, will be appreciated!!
We have a new home & had the ductwork installed during construction. Ready to get vaccum now. I am buying from Costco in Canada, but the regular price for Rhino is $529.99 (-$100.00) Sale =$429.99
-not familiar with the brand. Yes it's a good deal & 10yr warranty on ll power unit, 3 on labour for power unit, 3 acc. & hose
--only good if it's a excellent product to begin with in the 1st she place! & if company will still be around if something breaks.
--concerned about no HEPA washable, filt
er no separate filter mentioned except HEPA bags (would doubt it would be a good idea to use bagless..or even if it can!)
--has anyone used the mop head acc's? One comment on Costco said he was told it would fit Universal hoses, BUT couldn't remove & needed to saw off!
--what size diameter (inside) of hose? Will other brands fit these receptacles? Want to buy extra garage hose & attachments
--my Mom's unit used only a single telescoping hose. Not separate ones for power heads. Any out there like that? Much less fiddly.
--does it have a motor-located intake valve for the garage hose?
--comparing to Nutone 650Air Watt-$749.99 OR Nutone 600AW $699.99 OR Eletrolux 600AW $599.99.
----any feedback on the above 4 units would be a BIG help!
Dec 19, 2010
597 posts
148 upvotes
Does anyone know what wall connections the Rhino vac hoses require (i.e. direct connect or a pig tail connection?).
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2016
4183 posts
84 upvotes
SK
kirti2812 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 8:35 pm
Help from anyone using the Rhino Deluxe central Vaccum carpet, air with mop attachment, will be appreciated!!
We have a new home & had the ductwork installed during construction. Ready to get vaccum now. I am buying from Costco in Canada, but the regular price for Rhino is $529.99 (-$100.00) Sale =$429.99
-not familiar with the brand. Yes it's a good deal & 10yr warranty on ll power unit, 3 on labour for power unit, 3 acc. & hose
--only good if it's a excellent product to begin with in the 1st she place! & if company will still be around if something breaks.
--concerned about no HEPA washable, filt
er no separate filter mentioned except HEPA bags (would doubt it would be a good idea to use bagless..or even if it can!)
--has anyone used the mop head acc's? One comment on Costco said he was told it would fit Universal hoses, BUT couldn't remove & needed to saw off!
--what size diameter (inside) of hose? Will other brands fit these receptacles? Want to buy extra garage hose & attachments
--my Mom's unit used only a single telescoping hose. Not separate ones for power heads. Any out there like that? Much less fiddly.
--does it have a motor-located intake valve for the garage hose?
--comparing to Nutone 650Air Watt-$749.99 OR Nutone 600AW $699.99 OR Eletrolux 600AW $599.99.
----any feedback on the above 4 units would be a BIG help!
I ordered one, since the Husky one seems to be a left side only connection, and I dont want to have a U shaped pipe under or over my vacuum to just make the piping reach. Currently my intake is on the right side. I emailed Husky, and they said it is left side only, no way to adjust.

What reviews I have found for the Rhino seem to be good, and the sale price is less than the Husky we found in store.

Will give it a shot, if its not what we thought it was, Ill just return it.

They also have just the Central vac unit on sale to, if you are looking to just replace your unit and already have the hoses, power head, and so on.

Wish we saw this a few years ago, the replacement unit isnt much higher cost wise than we paid to get our burnt out motor replaced.
Dec 19, 2010
597 posts
148 upvotes
So is the Rhino right hand only?

Also, does it have an outlet at the canister? They mention the master switch, but no outlet.

Thanks,
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2016
4183 posts
84 upvotes
SK
DirtyDog wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:01 am
So is the Rhino right hand only?

Also, does it have an outlet at the canister? They mention the master switch, but no outlet.

Thanks,
It comes with two flexible extensions so you can hook it up either side, but I think it might be a right side from factory. I have nothing against the Husky one, but the Rhino was less on sale and seems to come with more attachments and a better motor. Plus the Rhino has a canister you dump, no bags (except the Hepa filter bag) and the ability to hook direct to the canister so you can vacuum in the area without a wall outlet. It has a master switch as well on the unit (while the Husky did not)

The Husky in store had a garage kit with an extra hose and attachments. But for that you need to pipe it into the wall with the rest of the pipes, and if you already have everything setup, useless to me

Currently our vacuum has a master switch and the ability to hook up and hose and vacuum in the garage. So to have that and then not have it would be a pain, even though the Husky may be smaller and quieter
Nov 2, 2017
1 posts
How did you like the vacuum cleaner. we are looking at the same one
Dec 19, 2010
597 posts
148 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:11 am
It comes with two flexible extensions so you can hook it up either side, but I think it might be a right side from factory. I have nothing against the Husky one, but the Rhino was less on sale and seems to come with more attachments and a better motor. Plus the Rhino has a canister you dump, no bags (except the Hepa filter bag) and the ability to hook direct to the canister so you can vacuum in the area without a wall outlet. It has a master switch as well on the unit (while the Husky did not)

The Husky in store had a garage kit with an extra hose and attachments. But for that you need to pipe it into the wall with the rest of the pipes, and if you already have everything setup, useless to me

Currently our vacuum has a master switch and the ability to hook up and hose and vacuum in the garage. So to have that and then not have it would be a pain, even though the Husky may be smaller and quieter
As my vacuum is located in the basement, the canister based outlet provides coverage for half of the floor space. It is a necessity.

Trusting the above, I ordered the vacuum and it arrived yesterday. It most certainly does NOT have a canister based outlet and I've wasted far too much time on a vacuum that is incompatible for my needs. I'm not sure where this incorrect information could have came from....
Dec 19, 2010
597 posts
148 upvotes
DirtyDog wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 6:23 am
As my vacuum is located in the basement, the canister based outlet provides coverage for half of the floor space. It is a necessity.

Trusting the above, I ordered the vacuum and it arrived yesterday. It most certainly does NOT have a canister based outlet and I've wasted far too much time on a vacuum that is incompatible for my needs. I'm not sure where this incorrect information could have came from....
Tonight as I lay amid a pile of drywall dust taking in the fragrant aroma of PVC cement, I cursed the path that had led me to reluctantly cutting my walls apart to install a utility outlet for my misguided purchase. I once again looked at the vacuum canister from all angles, somehow hoping that I had missed the fabled integral outlet upon my first dozen or so inspections. Alas, it was not to be found and it still remains the curious invention of someone's imagination....