Food & Drink

Ribfest - Sparks Street in Ottawa... Downtown smells like BBQ!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2017 6:55 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1480 posts
12 upvotes
Bringing this back from the dead as its going on right now till Sunday

Here's a map of the vendors found on the net

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3808 posts
313 upvotes
dokie wrote:
Jun 19th, 2008 12:02 pm
Is it on sparks street?
Sure is.

Hilarious, I was about to make a new thread and someone bumped mine from last year. I'm going friday for lunch! Any vendor in particular that is recommended?
Proud member of SENS Army
Nov 22, 2007
226 posts
toronto
mself084 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2008 12:03 pm
Sure is.

Hilarious, I was about to make a new thread and someone bumped mine from last year. I'm going friday for lunch! Any vendor in particular that is recommended?
Thanks..I'll check it out..

I've been trying to confirm whehter this event exist online but I can't seem to find any links to it.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
32818 posts
7051 upvotes
Ottawa
dokie wrote:
Jun 19th, 2008 12:07 pm
Thanks..I'll check it out..

I've been trying to confirm whehter this event exist online but I can't seem to find any links to it.
http://www.sparksstreetmall.com/Chicken ... andard.htm
And a list of events in Ontario
http://www.badwolfbarbecue.com/ribfestschedule.html

And, damn, those ribs were tasty. I don't remember the name, chicken n' rib something or other :) . I just picked the shortest line!!
Jul 8, 2007
18 posts
Waterloo
$20 for a full rack
$13 for a half rack
$9 for a third rack
$10 for a half chicken
$15 for a ribs+chicken combo
$6 for a pulled-pork sandwich
$2 for beans, potatoes

I think all the stands sell at the same price, correct me if I'm wrong?
I dropped by Gator today, it was delicious (I shared the HUGE full rack with a friend), though I haven't tried anything else so I can't compare :)

Enjoy
Feb 28, 2007
218 posts
13 upvotes
what time do these places close up?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1480 posts
12 upvotes
Went out tonight to try out Ribsfest
Tried out Silver BBQ's Ribs, chicken and minced pork sandwich.
Chicken was a bit dry but overall everything was good. Food was luke warm, with just enough sauce.

Also tried Camp 31's minced pork sandwich. Very disappointed. Not enough sauce plus it was barely warm.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3808 posts
313 upvotes
i'm heading there for lunch today, as im sure thousands of others are. haha. i freggin' love the downtown smelling like bbq sauce.

i'll try and post a review after lunch :)
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
115 upvotes
Sudbury
mself084 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2008 6:50 am
i'm heading there for lunch today, as im sure thousands of others are. haha. i freggin' love the downtown smelling like bbq sauce.

i'll try and post a review after lunch :)
I'm heading there after work, let me know which place you tried and how it was.
"What an emotionally wrecking of the stomach game"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3808 posts
313 upvotes
Just got back - we were in line for about 45 minutes....yes, 45 minutes. the line ups were crazy at lunch. i think the place was called billy's bbq, between o'connor and metcalfe.

regardless, mine are in the fridge at work til i get home, so ill have to review tonight :) post your review tho! i cant wait to eat dinner...my clothes reak of bbq, and ive gotten a few compliments since ive been back.
Jun 19, 2008
1 posts
Kenny Blankenship wrote:
Jun 20th, 2008 11:17 am
I'm heading there after work, let me know which place you tried and how it was.
I'll be heading down there at 5 tonight as well.. I went last year but don't recall it being anything overly amazing. These guys are cooking so much bloody food that you can't expect it to be as good as a sit-down restaurant...
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
115 upvotes
Sudbury
mself084 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2008 2:09 pm
Just got back - we were in line for about 45 minutes....yes, 45 minutes. the line ups were crazy at lunch. i think the place was called billy's bbq, between o'connor and metcalfe.

regardless, mine are in the fridge at work til i get home, so ill have to review tonight :) post your review tho! i cant wait to eat dinner...my clothes reak of bbq, and ive gotten a few compliments since ive been back.
I know, I saw the lines as I was headed to a meeting. I think we may just pick the shortest line tonight.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3808 posts
313 upvotes
Kenny Blankenship wrote:
Jun 20th, 2008 2:27 pm
I know, I saw the lines as I was headed to a meeting. I think we may just pick the shortest line tonight.
i doubt it will be as busy tonight - the friday lunch hour line ups are insane. 5-6ish tonight and youll be fine.

let us know how they were!
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2004
2778 posts
115 upvotes
Sudbury
mself084 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2008 2:53 pm
i doubt it will be as busy tonight - the friday lunch hour line ups are insane. 5-6ish tonight and youll be fine.

let us know how they were!
Ended up going to Gator for the pulled pork sandwich and it was disappointing. Not much flavor...

The beer at Darcy's after was much better!
Deal Expert
Nov 27, 2006
16124 posts
359 upvotes
Etobicoke
Aww, I miss the Ottawa ribfest. And we don't have one where I live now. And after reading this thread, I damned hungry....lol...for ribs of course!

BTW, what exactly is 'pulled pork'?
Avril Lavigne Black Star Parfum & Cineplex Night out for Two $126, Leapster Gaming System worth $59.99 US; Trip to Cuba ARV $2000; Cineplex Movie ticket (iCoke/Nestea contest)$10; Palaria Clothing Hoody $69;Joe Fresh GC $25; 4 tics for Ted Nugent Concert; Joe Fresh Make-up Kit $50.00; $25 Bath & Body Works GC (Fresh Fiction contest for DiAnn Mills); $1000 in TD Exlusive Offers contest; $100 necklace from an on-the-spot draw while shopping at Sears

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)