[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15734 posts
4460 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU

Rich Piana Died this morning. RIP

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.tmz.com/2 ... dead-at-46

He was always my favorite natty vegan bodybuilder.

RIP Sir.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
24 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1267 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
rumor has it was due to a brain injury???? (Yes I know he was a heavy steriod abuser)
Correction: Overdosed and hit his head.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1446 posts
118 upvotes
Hamilton
Atleast he was honest to public, but he must have overtaken by the use of too much steroids and eating junk food all day.

RICH PIANA
DEAD AT 46
... After Medical Emergency

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/25/rich-piana-dead-at-46/

What will happen to his inheritance? will his new girlfriend get it?

how much is Rich worth? asset?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1565 posts
683 upvotes
Hamilton
A preliminary search at his apartment revealed more than 20 bottles of steroids and a white powder -- but it's unclear if the substances played a role in his death.

It's been said but I respect that the guy was completely honest about juicing. Way too many bodybuilders lie about roids. I would also totally smash his GF, mad respect.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15734 posts
4460 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Someone in the know reported it was due to a heart attack and wasn't drug related as is being speculated. He had an enlarged heart (partly due to the loads of HGH he took). He was basically a ticking time bomb.
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15734 posts
4460 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
as for who gets the inheritance (he was reportedly worth $2m) I think it'll probably go to his next of kin (siblings)

He was with Chanel (current gf) years ago. They broke up and he got with and married Sara (some gold digger from Norway) who was with him just for a green card. She moved out when the truth was revealed but I don't think they ever got divorced. You can bet Rich's siblings will fight tooth and nail to make sure she doesn't see a dollar. Chanel would be more deserving of some money but since they weren't married I wonder if she will get anything.
Firebolt wrote:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15734 posts
4460 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Firebolt wrote:
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
2952 posts
589 upvotes
Steroids abuser. No surprise of the result.
Apr 5, 2017
133 posts
125 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Singling out his steroid use is the most simpleton conversation you can have about this guy. Anyone can take a look at him and go "pfft steroids".

He was not perfect, he wasn't virtuous. And yet he was a great role model. He was open about everything and basically said: look, I take all this crap. My health isn't 100%. I do drugs, do a bunch of illegal crap, got arrested for possession with intent to sell, etc. He wasn't proud of any of it. He busted his butt to get to where he was in life. He amassed a fortune - and still a fortune to come as it's true you get more famous after death. I can see his products selling BIG TIME in wake of this.

He motivated tens of thousands not just in the gym, but outside of it as well, to also make something of themselves e.g. start a business, start a product line, invest/real estate/properties etc. I'd say the "Rich" in Rich Piana really lives up to the name. He was also rich in all other areas of life. But at the expense of his health, at the end of the day.

I had a chance to go get a photo with him at a Fitness Expo and bought some of his products as well. Great guy, fun to have a conversation with, open minded. Honest dude, and that Deadspin article is insanely correct in saying "what resonated with people was that Piana was their nightmare caricature of that one guy at the gym, but he gave you the flattering openness it takes years to earn in person."

Gonna miss him. I do admit to sitting through entire 50 minute videos per day for a year there, so I'm definitely feeling an empty void as with many avid Piana YouTube fans. The videos just made my day better and kept me right on track with my fitness goals/daily life. And the commitment the guy had to providing content daily - that was no easy task, mad respect to how much content he gave to his fans.

RIP, they always said Piana was "leaving humanity behind".
Penalty Box
Apr 26, 2017
118 posts
13 upvotes
wal3145 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 5:10 pm
Steroids abuser. No surprise of the result.
lol at this. typical unedcuated ignorant response.

people think steroids is a magic potion or magic pill where you take it and boom you turn into the hulk within weeks-few months. lmfao.

steroids is part of bodybuilding folks, get the hell over it. you still need to work your ass off in the gym even on steroids.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
2952 posts
589 upvotes
anvil01 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 3:27 am
lol at this. typical unedcuated ignorant response.

people think steroids is a magic potion or magic pill where you take it and boom you turn into the hulk within weeks-few months. lmfao.

steroids is part of bodybuilding folks, get the hell over it. you still need to work your ass off in the gym even on steroids.
So you think without all that steroids, he would have gotten that body?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
2952 posts
589 upvotes
tehwegz wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 12:03 am
Singling out his steroid use is the most simpleton conversation you can have about this guy. Anyone can take a look at him and go "pfft steroids".

He was not perfect, he wasn't virtuous. And yet he was a great role model. He was open about everything and basically said: look, I take all this crap. My health isn't 100%. I do drugs, do a bunch of illegal crap, got arrested for possession with intent to sell, etc. He wasn't proud of any of it. He busted his butt to get to where he was in life. He amassed a fortune - and still a fortune to come as it's true you get more famous after death. I can see his products selling BIG TIME in wake of this.

He motivated tens of thousands not just in the gym, but outside of it as well, to also make something of themselves e.g. start a business, start a product line, invest/real estate/properties etc. I'd say the "Rich" in Rich Piana really lives up to the name. He was also rich in all other areas of life. But at the expense of his health, at the end of the day.

I had a chance to go get a photo with him at a Fitness Expo and bought some of his products as well. Great guy, fun to have a conversation with, open minded. Honest dude, and that Deadspin article is insanely correct in saying "what resonated with people was that Piana was their nightmare caricature of that one guy at the gym, but he gave you the flattering openness it takes years to earn in person."

Gonna miss him. I do admit to sitting through entire 50 minute videos per day for a year there, so I'm definitely feeling an empty void as with many avid Piana YouTube fans. The videos just made my day better and kept me right on track with my fitness goals/daily life. And the commitment the guy had to providing content daily - that was no easy task, mad respect to how much content he gave to his fans.

Without the steroids, he would have been a no one. His abusive use of it made him popular. It gave him the platform to achieve everything he got.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14548 posts
1095 upvotes
Toronto
I use to get so many videos of his suggested when I was following bodybuilding / fitness bodybuilding, etc. You know guys like Mike O'Hearn, Lee Priest, Lui Marco, Rob Riches, etc.

Piana was pumping himself so full of syntho, may be some of it leaked into his brain? I remember 95% of his channel comments were just hate messages. He looked like shit for someone who was only in his early 40s. Reminds me of washed up actors who just won't age gracefully.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15734 posts
4460 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
tehwegz wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 12:03 am

Hear,hear. Good post.
Firebolt wrote: