Tags:
None
Apr 10, 2008
6 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa

[Always] Ridgid 5-Piece Combo with Free Radio and Battery for $400

More offers from Always
Rumor is that HD has 20% Ridgid sale July 15th - 18th.

They currently have this 5-piece kit + Free Radio + Free 1.5A/h battery for $499 - 20% = $400.

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stor ... PartNumber

http://www.ridgid.com/x3/5combo.html

I bought at Baseline Rd. location in Ottawa. If you'd like to see more detailed pics or questions I can update. I plan on going back for price protection next week.

Here is a link that includes a picture of the radio. It is small, but has iPhone / minijack AUX input. The radio cannot be plugged in and therefore requires one of the Li-Ion batteries. Also, the radio does not charge the iPod / iPhone.
http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32940

The kit comes with two 3Ah batteries; the third 1.5A battery is another free bonus.

So you get:
Hammer Drill (w/ bolt on handle)
Impact Driver
Circ Saw (includes blade)
Recip Saw (includes two blades)
Light
Radio
3 Ah Batteries (Quantity 2)
1.5 Ah Battery
Charger
Heavy Duty Contractor Bag

Also - Ridgid is advertising a lifetime warranty although this did not weigh in heavily on my buying decision because these warranties are always subject to whether the tool was "abused", so basically you are at the mercy of the manufacturer.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2005
1528 posts
176 upvotes
Burnaby
steveo_m wrote:
Jul 9th, 2010 2:39 pm
Also - Ridgid is advertising a lifetime warranty although this did not weigh in heavily on my buying decision because these warranties are always subject to whether the tool was "abused", so basically you are at the mercy of the manufacturer.
Not to start off by peeing on your thread -- because the deal looks pretty darn good if you're in the market for all that stuff -- but it's not a warranty . . . it's a Lifetime Service Agreement.

Warranties protect consumers against defects in manufacturing. Service Agreements go beyond that to cover ongoing repairs needed due to normal wear-and-tear.

On the surface, at least, the Ridgid LSA is a pretty amazing deal, because if you use your Ridgid drill or saw until the motor is just plum-wore-out, they'll put in a new one for you. They'll even replace the batteries . . . I mean, how cool is that?

I can't understand how they can offer this because third-party repairs (i.e., by authorized service centres across North America) aren't that cheap. They must figure that relatively few people will bother to register for the LSA (filling in forms, photcopying receipts, cutting out UPCs, mailing everything away, etc.) and that fewer still will ever actually make use of it.
Jul 20, 2003
226 posts
13 upvotes
good deal with the 20% off. thanks

There's a HD at Merivale? I think you meant Baseline/Woodroffe
[OP]
Apr 10, 2008
6 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
Yes, thanks - Baseline / Woodroffe. I know there is stock in Kanata as well. I believe it has only been out for a couple of weeks and there should be lots of stock around.
[OP]
Apr 10, 2008
6 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
So, if anyone ended up being interested in this, there is a problem.

Home Depot raised the price of the set just for this sale; from $499 to $599; so you would get it for $479 after the 20% discount.

I went to HD this a.m. at 7:30, and was able to get 20% my original $499, but it had to be done as a store markdown. So I did in fact pay $399 + tax. However I don't think you'll be successful in getting that price now.

At Merivale, I looked at the shelf walking out and they had about three combo kits /radio in stock and the hand-drawn pricing sign still said $499; however, I bet that sign is torn down now.

A friend meanwhile just bought the set in Kanata, and paid $479.

Anyway, I guess my first RFD deal post has gone sour. My instincts were right though, $399 would have been hot.
[OP]
Apr 10, 2008
6 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
Umm...just found out that another friend just got it for $399 at Merivale HD this morning.

So, I'm just going to put a YMMV on this and leave it at that. Good luck.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
13967 posts
931 upvotes
Thornhill
Nice kit - was looking at it yesterday at work... does Ridgid make a cordless non-hammer drill any more?

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
Conquistador wrote:
Jul 1st, 2016 1:07 pm
It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. :facepalm:
RFD discounts for Schluter products/
Jun 2, 2008
323 posts
28 upvotes
t3359 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2010 2:16 pm
Nice kit - was looking at it yesterday at work... does Ridgid make a cordless non-hammer drill any more?

bjl
isn't that the $99 drill?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7554 posts
149 upvotes
steveo_m wrote:
Jul 15th, 2010 1:06 pm

At Merivale, I looked at the shelf walking out and they had about three combo kits /radio in stock and the hand-drawn pricing sign still said $499; however, I bet that sign is torn down now.
if it's still there...SCOP?
Nov 19, 2007
318 posts
101 upvotes
Ottawa
I went back the Kanata store today and had no issues getting the 5 piece kits with extra battery and radio for $399 (price protection) as I purchased it last week for regular price $499.

Amazing deal!
Jun 14, 2006
548 posts
43 upvotes
Winnipeg
Got this kit tonight for $399 in Winnipeg also....awesome deal.

Kitana
Oct 12, 2005
173 posts
18 upvotes
steveo_m wrote:
Jul 15th, 2010 1:14 pm
Umm...just found out that another friend just got it for $399 at Merivale HD this morning.

So, I'm just going to put a YMMV on this and leave it at that. Good luck.
I believe the $399 price should be everywhere. Since, It rung-up for me the same at one of the GTA stores.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2200 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
I prefer this set over the $99 drill promo for dad's day...thinking of getting this set too... :confused: discisions discisions...
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1772 posts
136 upvotes
Bolton
steveo_m wrote:
Jul 15th, 2010 1:06 pm
So, if anyone ended up being interested in this, there is a problem.

Home Depot raised the price of the set just for this sale; from $499 to $599; so you would get it for $479 after the 20% discount.

I went to HD this a.m. at 7:30, and was able to get 20% my original $499, but it had to be done as a store markdown. So I did in fact pay $399 + tax. However I don't think you'll be successful in getting that price now.

A friend meanwhile just bought the set in Kanata, and paid $479.

Anyway, I guess my first RFD deal post has gone sour. My instincts were right though, $399 would have been hot.

I bought one @ Bolton store and original price is $599 on sale for $499 & on top of $499 I got extra 20 % which made it $399.
× < >