Food & Drink

Ridicolous policy for Skip The Dishes courier.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2018 10:43 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2445 posts
745 upvotes
Scarborough

Ridicolous policy for Skip The Dishes courier.

I applied to be a STD courier and they have this ridiculous policy where you cannot buy their thermal bags from a third party unless that person selling it has exited the network. The funny thing is they allow aftermarket thermal bags to be used and there is nothing stopping me from selling those without me exiting the network. I wonder why they do this and why they care so much. I ended up picking up after market bags for a fraction of the price they were asking for their STD thermal bags (catering and pizza bags) they are asking $75+tax.
27 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
15584 posts
3388 upvotes
Toronto
I would stop using STD. It doesn't sound clean.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6240 posts
1390 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 9:49 pm
I would stop using STD. It doesn't sound clean.
Srsly, guy

You don't want to be an STD courier.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31145 posts
5889 upvotes
Ottawa
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 9:31 pm
I applied to be a STD courier and they have this ridiculous policy where you cannot buy their thermal bags from a third party unless that person selling it has exited the network. The funny thing is they allow aftermarket thermal bags to be used and there is nothing stopping me from selling those without me exiting the network. I wonder why they do this and why they care so much. I ended up picking up after market bags for a fraction of the price they were asking for their STD thermal bags (catering and pizza bags) they are asking $75+tax.
Quality control. They know what they have with their product. They cannot guarantee anything with the third pat product. If they get complaints about your food delivery (cold etc) and they find out you used a paper bag or cheap thermal bag, they cannot dispel the issue.
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2445 posts
745 upvotes
Scarborough
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 7:00 am
Quality control. They know what they have with their product. They cannot guarantee anything with the third pat product. If they get complaints about your food delivery (cold etc) and they find out you used a paper bag or cheap thermal bag, they cannot dispel the issue.
They allow third party thermal bags and you still need to go through the process of getting a bag with the requirements they ask for (dimensions, x number of straps, insulated). They also require you to upload a picture of the bag along with your ID on it so they know you physically have it. Basically it needs to be a replica of their original bag but without the name on it. That's why I find it weird considering even if someone were to complain about the food being cold they cannot turn around and force me to get their bags because I've already met the requirements.

No paper bag my friend, lol.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31145 posts
5889 upvotes
Ottawa
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 10:57 am
They allow third party thermal bags and you still need to go through the process of getting a bag with the requirements they ask for (dimensions, x number of straps, insulated). They also require you to upload a picture of the bag along with your ID on it so they know you physically have it. Basically it needs to be a replica of their original bag but without the name on it. That's why I find it weird considering even if someone were to complain about the food being cold they cannot turn around and force me to get their bags because I've already met the requirements.

No paper bag my friend, lol.
Just responding to what you said "ridiculous policy where you cannot buy their thermal bags from a third party unless that person selling it has exited the network" and giving you a potential reason why.
They have a corporate policy...I am quite certain it was not made to piss you off.
Did I say anything about a paper bag?
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2445 posts
745 upvotes
Scarborough
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 11:04 am
Just responding to what you said "ridiculous policy where you cannot buy their thermal bags from a third party unless that person selling it has exited the network" and giving you a potential reason why.
They have a corporate policy...I am quite certain it was not made to piss you off.
Did I say anything about a paper bag?
Yes you did, can't you read?

I believe that this policy is to piss off people because why would it matter if the person has exited the network or not? Because they want to profit from the bags themselves? It contradicts their policy if they are allowing to use third party bags. I can resell the bags without exiting the network so how is this different? Makes no logical sense.
Last edited by OrangeBerry on Jul 8th, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31145 posts
5889 upvotes
Ottawa
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 11:31 am
Yes you did, can't you read?
Sorry you missed the context.
It is your thread and I think is about nothing. Company says this and you don't like it. Too bad.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2445 posts
745 upvotes
Scarborough
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 11:39 am
Sorry you missed the context.
It is your thread and I think is about nothing. Company says this and you don't like it. Too bad.
It's the companies loss not mine, at the end of the day I get to spend much less on bags that aren't branded and I can sell them without having to exit the network. It's a shame because I could have gotten original equipment for cheap on Kijiji except for it would require a long process of back and forth emailing to accomplish that. If the company is going to put stupid policies it won't be long before the majority of people will resort to unbranded thermal bags if it means an easier sell when leaving the company. It's a double standard but if they are silly enough to have this policy in place it doesn't surprise me they would allow third party bags. Just makes no sense.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31145 posts
5889 upvotes
Ottawa
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 11:44 am
It's the companies loss not mine, at the end of the day I get to spend much less on bags that aren't branded and I can sell them without having to exit the network. It's a shame because I could have gotten original equipment for cheap on Kijiji except for it would require a long process of back and forth emailing to accomplish that. If the company is going to put stupid policies it won't be long before the majority of people will resort to unbranded thermal bags if it means an easier sell when leaving the company. It's a double standard but if they are silly enough to have this policy in place it doesn't surprise me they would allow third party bags. Just makes no sense.
:facepalm:
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31145 posts
5889 upvotes
Ottawa
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 2:56 pm
You should stick to coaching, forums aren't for you.
No, they are clearly not for you.....
So, I'll repeat
"Sorry you missed the context.
It is your thread and I think is about nothing. Company says this and you don't like it. Too bad. "
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5297 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
How does the company determine if a bag is in good condition? Is there a requirement to replace bags after a certain period or # of deliveries?
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1534 posts
280 upvotes
Ontario
Why would there be 3rd party STD bags for sale? Are they stolen or copies? I am confused.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4234 posts
416 upvotes
webshark wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 5:45 pm
Why would there be 3rd party STD bags for sale? Are they stolen or copies? I am confused.
I think its from people who used to work for SkipTheDishes as couriers but now stopped working for them
I am a Koodo customer