Food & Drink

Ridicolous policy for Skip The Dishes courier.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2018 10:43 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2445 posts
745 upvotes
Scarborough
webshark wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 5:45 pm
Why would there be 3rd party STD bags for sale? Are they stolen or copies? I am confused.
People selling the bags are members from skip the dishes who probably want to get out of it or no longer desire to work for them. The point I was trying to make was that in order to sell the bags you need to verify to Skip The Dishes that you (the seller) is exiting from the network and will no longer work for them so that the buyer can take over. I found this policy stupid in the sense that while they want to control who owns what they allow someone to buy non-branded bags for a considerable amount cheaper and deliver food. So from one angle you want to set in place a policy that carefully follows the trails of the bags but on the other anyone can use unbranded bags and sell them at any given time without permission.

As a courier it doesn't make me more of a better delivery person because my thermal bags say skip the dishes, that's just marketing for the company. So the fact that I save a considerable amount of money by buying non-branded merchandise and still deliver is baffling. This is why I said the policy they have in place is stupid and ridiculous. They even mention in the email that if you end up buying the Skip The Dishes bags from a seller on Kijiji and that seller doesn't get verified that he/she left the network, not only will you not get verified but you will not be able to do deliveries even though you have their bags!!
Aug 24, 2006
534 posts
169 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 7:43 pm
People selling the bags are members from skip the dishes who probably want to get out of it or no longer desire to work for them. The point I was trying to make was that in order to sell the bags you need to verify to Skip The Dishes that you (the seller) is exiting from the network and will no longer work for them so that the buyer can take over. I found this policy stupid in the sense that while they want to control who owns what they allow someone to buy non-branded bags for a considerable amount cheaper and deliver food. So from one angle you want to set in place a policy that carefully follows the trails of the bags but on the other anyone can use unbranded bags and sell them at any given time without permission.

As a courier it doesn't make me more of a better delivery person because my thermal bags say skip the dishes, that's just marketing for the company. So the fact that I save a considerable amount of money by buying non-branded merchandise and still deliver is baffling. This is why I said the policy they have in place is stupid and ridiculous. They even mention in the email that if you end up buying the Skip The Dishes bags from a seller on Kijiji and that seller doesn't get verified that he/she left the network, not only will you not get verified but you will not be able to do deliveries even though you have their bags!!
simple answer to prevent against theft (and to know how many bags they have)...

I am 100% surprised they allow third party bags though.. should be there bags only (or used from thouse exiting only)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2445 posts
745 upvotes
Scarborough
bryceton wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 1:48 pm
simple answer to prevent against theft (and to know how many bags they have)...

I am 100% surprised they allow third party bags though.. should be there bags only (or used from thouse exiting only)
Well it's a silly way of preventing theft, once they approve my non-branded bags what's stopping me from buying actual skip the dishes bags from Kijiji and using those since I'm already an approved member.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
4673 posts
2052 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 9:49 pm
I would stop using STD. It doesn't sound clean.
peanutz wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 1:15 am
Srsly, guy

You don't want to be an STD courier.
Hear, hear
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10609 posts
1284 upvotes
This question is a bit off topic, but for any Skip The Dish drivers:

Last week I ordered about $50 in food. After 90 minutes, nothing happened. I contacted Skip The Dish and they said it was some sort of glitch in their system and will arrive soon. 30 minutes later, I see a car pop up at the restaurant and 15 minutes later the food was delivered.

But by the time I got it, it was all cold. I contacted support again and they immediately refunded me (which I didn't even ask for). Does that mean the driver got screwed? If I was completely refunded everything, then there's no money for anyone. It wasn't his fault there was a bug in the system and he did deliver quite quickly. Had I known, I would have tipped him on the spot, but I tipped on my bill.

I guess next time, I'll tip zero on the bill and give them cash on the spot.
Sep 4, 2005
912 posts
48 upvotes
I’m just here for all the STD jokes....... 👋🏼
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4424 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a regular Skip The Dishes thread?

Anywhere I go to eat or for takeout there is someone with one of these bags picking up an order and am curious about it.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4424 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
I don’t mean the bag itself but is there a thread that discusses Skip The Dishes overall? Information from customers, drivers, etc.
Nov 6, 2018
18 posts
4 upvotes
New York
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 11:36 am
TEchnically anyone can sign up and go for a ride Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
And no checks after signing up? Just take the food and go?Face Screaming In Fear