Expired Hot Deals

[Ring] Ring Alarm Home Security System Kit $260 - $330 (Save $50-$90USD) - ships to CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 11:00 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31060 posts
16801 upvotes
Ottawa
rfdnutz wrote: I think you have the Protect Basic plan like me. The 10% discount only applies to the Protect Plus plan.
I'm subscribed to the USD$100 protect plus plan, otherwise the basic doesn't have live monitoring.
Dec 20, 2018
35 posts
3 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Just tried it a minute ago and still working for me.
Try clearing the browser history and try again.
Screenshot_2019-04-22-20-59-01-594_com.miui.gallery.png
How come the discount is applied twice? Is this a special sale?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31060 posts
16801 upvotes
Ottawa
ThePriceIsWhatNow wrote: How come the discount is applied twice? Is this a special sale?
I believe it's a glitch, as the 10% discount is not supposed to be stackable with anything else.
Oct 20, 2010
486 posts
110 upvotes
has anyone integrated the Ring alarm with Smartthings?
I am looking to integrate it, and doing research found this: https://github.com/asishrs/smartthings-ringalarmv2

will give it a try, since i want to have it all under one app and create automation(between ring alarm and the smart lock) using the smartthings app
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31060 posts
16801 upvotes
Ottawa
bugsbunny01 wrote: has anyone integrated the Ring alarm with Smartthings?
I am looking to integrate it, and doing research found this: https://github.com/asishrs/smartthings-ringalarmv2

will give it a try, since i want to have it all under one app and create automation(between ring alarm and the smart lock) using the smartthings app
Not for the faint of heart and at the same time, I only see it being beneficial for self monitoring,
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1806 posts
753 upvotes
ON
Interesting, no all products are getting this double discount. Like the spotlight cam mount.
I hope the double discount isn't a prelude to new models coming in making mine obsolete
Feb 18, 2012
324 posts
177 upvotes
Aurora
Anyone still have the link to the Nest deal?
Mar 17, 2007
204 posts
79 upvotes
Thanks for all your information, very helpful.

I want to buy the 10pc Ring Alarm Kit with the double 10% discount but have a question on how to apply both discounts.

Do I have to subscribe to the 'Protect Plus Plan' first (I do not have any Ring devices) to get the 10% discount? How do I get the second 10% discount to appear?

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31060 posts
16801 upvotes
Ottawa
ac_integra wrote: Thanks for all your information, very helpful.

I want to buy the 10pc Ring Alarm Kit with the double 10% discount but have a question on how to apply both discounts.

Do I have to subscribe to the 'Protect Plus Plan' first (I do not have any Ring devices) to get the 10% discount? How do I get the second 10% discount to appear?

Thanks!
If you're already a protect subscriber, the first discount is automatically applied before checkout and the 2nd discount shows up after checkout.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31060 posts
16801 upvotes
Ottawa
jmb2027 wrote: Anyone still have the link to the Nest deal?
Check out B&H Photo.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31060 posts
16801 upvotes
Ottawa
thetipster wrote: Interesting, no all products are getting this double discount. Like the spotlight cam mount.
I hope the double discount isn't a prelude to new models coming in making mine obsolete
Works for me :)
Ring is still selling the older doorbell cameras, with the Ring Pro being the latest and at the same time already announced two new versions.
I don't believe they will kill off support on anything.
Mar 17, 2007
204 posts
79 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: If you're already a protect subscriber, the first discount is automatically applied before checkout and the 2nd discount shows up after checkout.
As I am not a protect subscriber: I will need to create a login account, purchase 'protect plus plan' and then add 10pc Ring Alarm Kit to by cart and it will automatically appear?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1633 posts
1091 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: If you're already a protect subscriber, the first discount is automatically applied before checkout and the 2nd discount shows up after checkout.
What platform are you using to see the protectsubscriber discount? Purchasing through ring app or what browser?

I'm on the 30 day free protect plus trial - wonder if that is the reason I'm not seeing any discounts (even on the 10 pc alarm kit that recent posts indicate others are seeing the discount for).

When i enter the protectsubscriber code, I get the message "this discount is not available to you right now"
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31060 posts
16801 upvotes
Ottawa
ac_integra wrote: As I am not a protect subscriber: I will need to create a login account, purchase 'protect plus plan' and then add 10pc Ring Alarm Kit to by cart and it will automatically appear?
I don't think you can subscribe without an active product?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31060 posts
16801 upvotes
Ottawa
adilh53 wrote: What platform are you using to see the protectsubscriber discount? Purchasing through ring app or what browser?

I'm on the 30 day free protect plus trial - wonder if that is the reason I'm not seeing any discounts (even on the 10 pc alarm kit that recent posts indicate others are seeing the discount for).

When i enter the protectsubscriber code, I get the message "this discount is not available to you right now"
I'm using Opera via mobile and Chrome on desktop.
The "protectsubscriber" code is automatically inputted at checkout for me.