Expired Hot Deals

[Ring] Ring Alarm Home Security System Kit $260 - $330 (Save $50-$90USD) - ships to CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 11:00 pm
Mar 17, 2007
204 posts
79 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: What platform are you using to see the protectsubscriber discount? Purchasing through ring app or what browser?

I'm on the 30 day free protect plus trial - wonder if that is the reason I'm not seeing any discounts (even on the 10 pc alarm kit that recent posts indicate others are seeing the discount for).

When i enter the protectsubscriber code, I get the message "this discount is not available to you right now"
When I entered the PROTECTSUBSCRIBER code an hour ago, it worked. If you do it now, the message "PROTECTSUBSCRIBER discount code isn’t available to you right now". They may have fixed the glitch of 2x PROTECTSUBSCRIBER discount code.

10pc Ring Alarm kit for $259USD + 10% off (when you subscribe) = $233.10USD may be the best deal available for Ring Alarm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31024 posts
16789 upvotes
Ottawa
ac_integra wrote: When I entered the PROTECTSUBSCRIBER code an hour ago, it worked. If you do it now, the message "PROTECTSUBSCRIBER discount code isn’t available to you right now". They may have fixed the glitch of 2x PROTECTSUBSCRIBER discount code.

10pc Ring Alarm kit for $259USD + 10% off (when you subscribe) = $233.10USD may be the best deal available for Ring Alarm
Still a great price for those that can't get a blue iris code, or 2Xsubscriber discount.
FYI, the 2Xsubcriber discount still works for me right now.
Mar 17, 2007
204 posts
79 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Still a great price for those that can't get a blue iris code, or 2Xsubscriber discount.
FYI, the 2Xsubcriber discount still works for me right now.
You're right. Using my iPhone, I entered "PROTECTSUBSCRIBER" in the discount code and $-25.90 was applied to the $259.00 = $233.10. I guess I can't get the second 10% discount as I am not a protect subscriber ($10/month). This will be my first Ring device!
Mar 17, 2007
204 posts
79 upvotes
What is a blue iris code? Can anyone share with me? DM me plss
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31024 posts
16789 upvotes
Ottawa
ac_integra wrote: What is a blue iris code? Can anyone share with me? DM me plss
Looks like Ring ended that deal, as the link isn't working.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31024 posts
16789 upvotes
Ottawa
starlamp wrote: @vkizzle
@Exp315

Does this automatically upload to cloud? Is there any way around it?

And I suppose the special is over~!
If you subscribe yes, otherwise no, but not sure if they are secretly recording anyways and only giving storage access to subscribers.
The deal is still on for the 10pcs and 14pc alarm kit.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31024 posts
16789 upvotes
Ottawa
starlamp wrote: What is with all these tech companies, and more importantly WTF are Governments doing about it? By the looks of it, nothing.
Cameras are all outdoors and pointed away from "common" areas that I would be hanging out.
I don't mind Ring/Amazon folks watching me pick my nose as I come up to the doors.
Feb 13, 2019
312 posts
157 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Cameras are all outdoors and pointed away from "common" areas that I would be hanging out.
I don't mind Ring/Amazon folks watching me pick my nose as I come up to the doors.
haha Fair enough
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1816 posts
465 upvotes
Calgary
Looking to get the Ring Protect Plan for $100US a year, but no matter what I do (change countries, etc) it only gives me the $150CDN option.

is there anyways I can save the $15 or so ($100US is $135CDN)or is it just not worth the hassle?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4311 posts
3880 upvotes
MafiaHitman wrote: Looking to get the Ring Protect Plan for $100US a year, but no matter what I do (change countries, etc) it only gives me the $150CDN option.

is there anyways I can save the $15 or so ($100US is $135CDN)or is it just not worth the hassle?
Try a VPN?

But since you gotta put in your address for that plan (and it wouldn't make sense to put in a fake one) they know where you are.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1806 posts
753 upvotes
ON
MafiaHitman wrote: Looking to get the Ring Protect Plan for $100US a year, but no matter what I do (change countries, etc) it only gives me the $150CDN option.

YES actually. Call them and ask for billing department. Tell them you want to pay the USD 100 and they will switch your account to USD billing.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1816 posts
465 upvotes
Calgary
thetipster wrote: YES actually. Call them and ask for billing department. Tell them you want to pay the USD 100 and they will switch your account to USD billing.
Ok, I will try that Monday.

Thanks,
Oct 4, 2010
410 posts
119 upvotes
Surrey
For folks replacing a traditional wired alarm, did you know how to disconnect the old system? We have the DSC keypad. I can't see even find where the door sensors are located.
Will the alarm trip if I removed the old motion sensors, even when it's unarmed?