Expired Hot Deals

[Ring] Ring Alarm Home Security System Kit $260 - $330 (Save $50-$90USD) - ships to CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 11:00 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30297 posts
16124 upvotes
Ottawa
matrixfwd wrote: For folks replacing a traditional wired alarm, did you know how to disconnect the old system? We have the DSC keypad. I can't see even find where the door sensors are located.
Will the alarm trip if I removed the old motion sensors, even when it's unarmed?
I recommend you go with Envisalink, considering you already have a DSC panel, unless you want Ring's professional monitoring.
May 27, 2007
15695 posts
3130 upvotes
Toronto
matrixfwd wrote: For folks replacing a traditional wired alarm, did you know how to disconnect the old system? We have the DSC keypad. I can't see even find where the door sensors are located.
Will the alarm trip if I removed the old motion sensors, even when it's unarmed?
Like vkizzle said above, I would also recommend getting Envisalink 4 and do self monitoring. I bought mine from Aartech and set it up myself which was not too complicated.

I am looking at a new Nest or Ring alarm system to complement my current setup as it is wireless and cannot be "ripped off the wall" by burglars. But I would never consider "replacing" a working hardwired alarm like DSC that does not require maintenance or fee (ie: changing batteries).
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Nov 22, 2011
838 posts
185 upvotes
Batcave
I just noticed one of my contact sensors no longer chimes when I open the door. I haven't checked my other contact sensor b/c it's on a door that belongs to the owner but leads into my garage suite. Motion detector is still chiming.

I haven't changed the settings since installation but it looks fine. Possibly stopped working after a firmware update.

Edit: hmm seems to be fine now.
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Feb 12, 2010
162 posts
13 upvotes
Burlington
I'm moving into a house that has a DSC panel....do you have any particular resources that helped you with setting up the Envisalink?
AcidBomber wrote: Like vkizzle said above, I would also recommend getting Envisalink 4 and do self monitoring. I bought mine from Aartech and set it up myself which was not too complicated.
May 27, 2007
15695 posts
3130 upvotes
Toronto
spacewalker wrote: I'm moving into a house that has a DSC panel....do you have any particular resources that helped you with setting up the Envisalink?
Envisalink is pretty much plug and play, similar to setting up a router or modem. You just need to register an online account for remote access. Here's the installation guide: https://www.aartech.ca/related/Envisali ... 0Guide.pdf
The difficult part would be if you need to re-program your DSC panel depending if you know the installer/master code.
If you have to get a new DSC module, it comes with a detailed manual. There are tons of good Youtube videos that walks you through the programming aspect step by step.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Oct 1, 2007
178 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
AcidBomber wrote: Envisalink is pretty much plug and play, similar to setting up a router or modem. You just need to register an online account for remote access. Here's the installation guide: https://www.aartech.ca/related/Envisali ... 0Guide.pdf
The difficult part would be if you need to re-program your DSC panel depending if you know the installer/master code.
If you have to get a new DSC module, it comes with a detailed manual. There are tons of good Youtube videos that walks you through the programming aspect step by step.
Hi, thinking of getting the envisalink. You mentioned re program, does it mean assigning or adding certain sensor? I moved into my current home five years ago, it already had a security wired up. Then Grand alarm came in to install a new dsc panel. If I just want to keep the original configuration, would this be just a plug and play? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1778 posts
735 upvotes
ON
Seems they took away the subscriber discount on the ring alarm systems :(
Can anyone else see if the discount comes up for them on the 14 piece system and please mention if you already have a registered ring alarm system or not.
Dec 28, 2004
157 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
thetipster wrote: Seems they took away the subscriber discount on the ring alarm systems :(
Can anyone else see if the discount comes up for them on the 14 piece system and please mention if you already have a registered ring alarm system or not.
I already have the ring alarm and tried adding one to my cart and it did not give me the discount. But their systems are already 20% off for Mother’s Day. So that might be the reason.
Dec 13, 2007
76 posts
8 upvotes
Victoria
Red89GT is correct, in the fine print under the Buy now and save an EXTRA $30 just for Mother's Day.
*Not eligible for Protect Plus 10% Discount
Also in this thread I saw some people debating buying the US Costco bundles that include one year of ring protect plus plan, but I did not see anyone mention the downside of no 10% ring protect plan discount (If you want to buy cameras, or extra sensors, etc). From the FAQ here - Ring Costco FAQ
Do I get the 10% discount on Ring.com with my Ring Protect Plan from Costco?

No. The discount only applies to Ring Protect Plus subscriptions purchased through Ring.com. If you purchased your Ring Protect Plus subscription through a retailer, such as Costco, you’ll need to subscribe to Ring Protect Plus via Ring.com to qualify for the discount.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1548 posts
996 upvotes
Sounds like they have put a stop to stacking discounts/coupons in addition to sale pricing
May 11, 2017
19 posts
8 upvotes
Ring.com was having a Mothers day sale. I purchased the 14-Piece Alarm Security Kit for $299 USD + 5% off = $284.05 USD. The 5% I received off was because the same kit was on sale on Amazon.com for $279.99 USD and included free Echo Dot 3. Unfortunately Amazon.com does not ship to Canada, so i asked Ring.com to offer me a discount.

Did I get a good deal?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30297 posts
16124 upvotes
Ottawa
thetipster wrote: Seems they took away the subscriber discount on the ring alarm systems :(
Double stacking of PROTECTSUBSCRIBER discount still working.

Alarm Security Kit, 14-Piece
White: *Ships to the continental US (including Alaska and Hawaii) and Canada (excluding Quebec).
PROTECTSUBSCRIBER (-$32.90)
PROTECTSUBSCRIBER (-$29.61)
1 $329.00
$266.49
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30297 posts
16124 upvotes
Ottawa
faisalsalik wrote: Ring.com was having a Mothers day sale. I purchased the 14-Piece Alarm Security Kit for $299 USD + 5% off = $284.05 USD. The 5% I received off was because the same kit was on sale on Amazon.com for $279.99 USD and included free Echo Dot 3. Unfortunately Amazon.com does not ship to Canada, so i asked Ring.com to offer me a discount.

Did I get a good deal?
That's the best you're going to get, unless you're already a protect plus subscriber.