Expired Hot Deals

[Ring] Ring Alarm Home Security System Kit $260 - $330 (Save $50-$90USD) - ships to CAD

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 11:00 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30323 posts
16172 upvotes
Ottawa
akz wrote: Has anyone who's ordered get a letter from FedEx for customs fees afterwards? Or coast is clear?
FedEx International Economy includes customs clearance.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 20, 2006
1041 posts
239 upvotes
All of the package have additional discount.
Alarm Security Kit 5-Piece
$169.00 Save $30
Alarm Security Kit 10-Piece
$229.00 Save $80
Alarm Security Kit 14-Piece
$299.00 Save $120

However I notice they added that " *Not eligible for Protect Plus 10% Discount"

Can anyone with Protect Plus confirm if that's the final price or if it can be discount with 10% off to bring it back to roughly the double discounted price?
Last edited by skyngai on Jun 5th, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Newbie
Feb 3, 2017
23 posts
25 upvotes
Lowe's currently has the basic package for $229

Edit: couldn't get the link to work. Currently on mobile.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 25, 2001
2792 posts
207 upvotes
Brantford
I was thinking of pulling the trigger now that they have further discounted the packages as part of father's day sale, but I see that Amazon US has a better price AND free echo dot. I've got a family member travelling to the U.S. soon so this could work out well.
https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Alarm-Profe ... th=1&psc=1

Can anyone please let me know the dimensions of the box for the 14 piece system?
Newbie
Feb 1, 2017
37 posts
27 upvotes
cannon_fodder wrote: I was thinking of pulling the trigger now that they have further discounted the packages as part of father's day sale, but I see that Amazon US has a better price AND free echo dot. I've got a family member travelling to the U.S. soon so this could work out well.
https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Alarm-Profe ... th=1&psc=1

Can anyone please let me know the dimensions of the box for the 14 piece system?
Last time I ordered 14 pieces from Amazon.com sent to a friend in US and it came in 2 boxes. My friend told me the main system (5 pieces) package was opened, so I returned everything and don’t want to take a chance if there are problems and I need to return from Canada. Also Amazon charge states tax but ring doesn’t when shipped to Canada. You can call ring and ask if they can give you Amazon price without echo dot.
Banned
May 16, 2018
36 posts
12 upvotes
FalconR wrote: Already have Ring Alarm but still trying to decide whether or not I should buy the protect plan. It's only $150 per year which makes it a no-brainer. However:

a) I'm usually close to home anyway so if my alarm goes off I will definitely be aware of the app notifications and can call the authorities myself

b) I haven't purchased their cameras (yet) so I don't need the video recording. I just got the cheap Wyze camera because I live in an apartment and don't want to spend $200+ on each camera. It basically does exactly the same things as Ring's. Also note two things that took a bit of sleuthing for me to confirm: 1) Ring cameras cannot trigger the alarm and 2) it only works with Wi-Fi/PoE and not cellular. This means motion and what not detected by the camera does NOT trip the alarm. And if your internet goes down it cannot use the cellular backup feature. Note from another user: If the Ring Alarm is tripped by the motion detector or contact sensors, it can tell your Ring cameras to start recording though.

Basically the only feature I need atm is cellular backup. Still worth $150/yr?


Also does anyone know who is the company monitoring the alarm system?




I had mine for a few weeks so I'll share my thoughts.

I originally wanted the Nest Secure but I finally grew tired of waiting for it to be officially launched/supported in Canada. There isn't even any news on when that would be either.

The Nest's motion and contact sensor is all one small, sleek device which I love. Their product seems to be a lot more premium, but there obviously is a price to pay for that.

I've grown to prefer Ring's decision to separate alarm, keypad and motion sensors. It's a bit more intuitive and if one feature malfunctions you don't have to replace the whole thing.

I'm quite impressed with how well Ring's motion and contact sensors work. It looks and feels kind of cheap but it just works. The entire system was also very easy to set up. Literally the hardest thing is mounting the devices either with adhesive tape or screws. I've also called Ring support once for a minor question and it was an English-speaking American in case anyone was curious.

Really not much more to say. It just works and it isn't expensive.




What is their price? The website isn't displaying it for me.




Just to add another data point. I purchased mine in-store at BB and the Echo Dot was listed at $0 so no refund possible.
Well, to answer your question about any companies with cellular monitoring system, I'd recommend:
https://www.ciktel.com/HomeSecurity/Plan
CIK has got some pretty features in their Home Security along with good prices.
Regards
Macuser02
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1145 posts
532 upvotes
CALGARY
@FalconR RING services are monitored by this company,

Company/Provider of Alarm Service
Ring Protect Inc.
1523 26th St.
Santa Monica, CA, 90404
(800) 656-1918
Licenses: Ring.com/licenses

Central Monitoring Station
Rapid Response Monitoring
400 W Division St
Syracuse, NY, 13204
(800) 932-3822
Sr. Member
Aug 11, 2008
999 posts
271 upvotes
Whenever i try to click 30USD/yr on next page it change to 50CAD. Is it possible to use US subscription rate in Canada anymore?
I only have ring floodlight camera if it matter.
Newbie
May 2, 2006
46 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
ykhehra1 wrote: Whenever i try to click 30USD/yr on next page it change to 50CAD. Is it possible to use US subscription rate in Canada anymore?
I only have ring floodlight camera if it matter.
I am looking to get the monitoring plus with cost of $100US, how is that you go about doing this{in Canada) ? I have A US $ credit card with US billing address...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30323 posts
16172 upvotes
Ottawa
ykhehra1 wrote: Whenever i try to click 30USD/yr on next page it change to 50CAD. Is it possible to use US subscription rate in Canada anymore?
I only have ring floodlight camera if it matter.
You will need to email them to change your account to USD.
Member
Nov 24, 2006
244 posts
87 upvotes
london
vkizzle wrote: You will need to email them to change your account to USD.
Or call them directly I'm assuming?
Newbie
May 2, 2006
46 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
templer wrote: I am looking to get the monitoring plus with cost of $100US, how is that you go about doing this{in Canada) ? I have A US $ credit card with US billing address...
You could have a US billing and the address to be serviced is Canadian (don't want them calling the 911 in the US for service address in Canada)? Secondly, what's the best deal for purchasing the alarm system whether US or Canada (the is a special for 319 cad for 8 piece) are there any better? Finally, any discounts still available, looking to get alarm system, camera or doorbell and with monitoring plus? Thanks.
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 20, 2016
43 posts
8 upvotes
Ontario
templer wrote: You could have a US billing and the address to be serviced is Canadian (don't want them calling the 911 in the US for service address in Canada)? Secondly, what's the best deal for purchasing the alarm system whether US or Canada (the is a special for 319 cad for 8 piece) are there any better? Finally, any discounts still available, looking to get alarm system, camera or doorbell and with monitoring plus? Thanks.
Sorry to pile on but 2nd this question! I just bit on the current front page deal and am thinking of getting the alarm kit + flood light as well. The home depot exclusive doesn't seem to be the best deal anymore as a 2 pack sensor goes for $55 now on amazon.ca (here). So getting the base 5-piece kit from homedepot then additional sensors from Amazon seems like a better deal.

Top