Expired Hot Deals

[Ring] Ring Alarm Home Security System Kit $260 - $330 (Save $50-$90USD) - ships to CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 11:00 pm
Dec 1, 2006
888 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
is the enhanced deal good for $214?
Anyone have a link for the Ring doorbell?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9475 posts
1026 upvotes
GTA
adilh53 wrote: Does it ship to Canada? Wouldnt let me order for shipping to Calgary....
No, you need an American friend or deliver to one of those shipping hold/redirect places. You can order via the original Ring.com link though.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1557 posts
1000 upvotes
Is the range extender really needed for a roughly 2300 square foot house and with motion sensors on the main, 2nd floor and basement? Contact sensors are only on the main floor and basement. Anyone with similar set up try using the system without the range extender?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30323 posts
16172 upvotes
Ottawa
adilh53 wrote: Is the range extender really needed for a roughly 2300 square foot house and with motion sensors on the main, 2nd floor and basement? Contact sensors are only on the main floor and basement. Anyone with similar set up try using the system without the range extender?
My house is a bit bigger and I'm not experiencing any connectivity issues, as these z-wave devices will create a mesh network.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1557 posts
1000 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: My house is a bit bigger and I'm not experiencing any connectivity issues, as these z-wave devices will create a mesh network.
So you don't have your range extender plugged in and no issues with the sensors/system performing as expected?
Apr 12, 2008
934 posts
276 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: My house is a bit bigger and I'm not experiencing any connectivity issues, as these z-wave devices will create a mesh network.
Hey vkizzle.. Mind elaborating on the bolded part? Trying to make sense of that. Do you mean that all the individual devices (contacts, sensors, etc) all help each other connectivity-wise?

Many thanks for your time.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30323 posts
16172 upvotes
Ottawa
adilh53 wrote: So you don't have your range extender plugged in and no issues with the sensors/system performing as expected?
I have it plugged on the main floor, but my furthest sensor is also in the basement at the back of the house.
Having other sensors nearby creating the mesh network is what's keeping the connection strong.