Expired Hot Deals

[Ring] Ring Alarm Home Security System Kit $260 - $330 (Save $50-$90USD) - ships to CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 11:00 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1002 posts
131 upvotes
SS76SS wrote: So you're telling me that the ring doorbell pro would be covered under this warranty if you have the protect pro? I was reading the other thread on the ring doorbell pro and people complaining about the internal battery failing after 1 1/2 years...... This would certainly mitigate that issue

So I guess people online show a battery inside the doorbell PRO. I had no idea. I have the protect pro plan. If you equipment is within warranty period from the 1st year of activation, the warranty will be extended.
It is hard to find a alarm monitoring (Insurance discount), video cloud storage for multiple camera + extended life time warranty that beats this. $150 or $100 usd

I wonder if they will honour the $100 usd a year. That is the price I signed up with. I have a hardwired spotlight camera pointing at my front door. Do I need a ring DOORBELL? isn't the spotlight camera replace a doorbell? beside the doorbell ring function.

https://shop.ring.com/pages/canada-protect-plans
Last edited by Demon_Twinz on Feb 22nd, 2019 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=657823
ebay feedback : demon_twinz
heatware ID: demon_twinz99
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8561 posts
1031 upvotes
What a great system. I tore down my alarm and replace it with ring. $100 for monitoring and unlimited ring cloud for your ring devices. Also cellular backup.
Took me 30min to install and most of it was taking apart the old system and figuring out where I should mount the motion sensors.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40107 posts
6050 upvotes
King City
Ah another IOT device. Make sure to setup 2FA/MFA if applicable on this device. Security concerns are a big thing these days for IOT devices, especially alarm systems. Just a heads up and food for thought. :)
Proud to be an Indian.
31205 posts
16965 upvotes
Ottawa
Demon_Twinz wrote: ring pro is hardwired and does not have battery. The ring v1 and v2 doorbells have batteries. I have the protect pro plan. If you equipment is within warranty period from the 1st year of activation, the warranty will be extended.
It is hard to find a alarm monitoring (Insurance discount), video cloud storage for multiple camera + extended life time warranty that beats this. $150 or $100 usd

https://shop.ring.com/pages/canada-protect-plans
The Ring Pro has an internal battery.
The post from the below does raise some concerns.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit ... ed_re_its/
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31205 posts
16965 upvotes
Ottawa
djemzine wrote: Ah another IOT device. Make sure to setup 2FA/MFA if applicable on this device. Security concerns are a big thing these days for IOT devices, especially alarm systems. Just a heads up and food for thought. :)
No 2FA/MFA.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40107 posts
6050 upvotes
King City
vkizzle wrote: No 2FA/MFA.
Oh. Hmm... I am guessing the alarm system is controlled by an app as well, on top of the provided keypad?
Proud to be an Indian.
31205 posts
16965 upvotes
Ottawa
djemzine wrote: Oh. Hmm... I am guessing the alarm system is controlled by an app as well, on top of the provided keypad?
Yup.
No password required to open the app, after initial setup.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40107 posts
6050 upvotes
King City
vkizzle wrote: Yup.
No password required to open the app, after initial setup.
Smh. Sorry for expressing my questions, etc. It is just that I am in the field of Cyber Security, and IOT devices have piqued my interest. Ever since the whole Nest issue - where an attacker got a hold of a baby cam and started speaking through the mic. Then the father got upset at Google/Nest since he invested into a lot of Nest IOT devices and complained for a refund. All because he didn't setup 2FA/MFA.
Proud to be an Indian.
3983 posts
708 upvotes
SS76SS wrote: So you're telling me that the ring doorbell pro would be covered under this warranty if you have the protect pro? I was reading the other thread on the ring doorbell pro and people complaining about the internal battery failing after 1 1/2 years...... This would certainly mitigate that issue
Yes exactly, it will extend the warranty of the doorbell pro (and any other ring cam you have or get) as long as you continue to sub to the protect pro plan which is an awesome bonus imo.
Oct 24, 2005
768 posts
95 upvotes
blues45 wrote: They are either 229 or 339 depending on the package you select.
Is the $339 at best buy (9 piece) with echo dot the best deal we've seen? It seems to be better than the US ring.com 10 piece deal since it comes with 2 keypads... So more expensive parts? And no risk of duties. Is this the go-to then? How does this compare with deals from last xmas, etc?
Apr 24, 2010
570 posts
208 upvotes
Canada
Demon_Twinz wrote: 5% off sale items
10% off regular price

I have order the same package , I receive this in 7 days. It is shipped by Fedex. You can call and e-mail them, you can ask for more discount once you have the subscription. You will get 5% off sale items and 10% off regular. I received the discount. I was not charged tax or duties.

Simon
Why no tax, was it shipped from Canadian warehouse?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31205 posts
16965 upvotes
Ottawa
djemzine wrote: Smh. Sorry for expressing my questions, etc. It is just that I am in the field of Cyber Security, and IOT devices have piqued my interest. Ever since the whole Nest issue - where an attacker got a hold of a baby cam and started speaking through the mic. Then the father got upset at Google/Nest since he invested into a lot of Nest IOT devices and complained for a refund. All because he didn't setup 2FA/MFA.
I'm glad you brought it up, as we are so focus on "security", yet these devices are extremely vulnerable.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1806 posts
753 upvotes
ON
vkizzle wrote: PSP price is $223.09+taxes.
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
Point of the post is that the better deal by far is with ring.com
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31205 posts
16965 upvotes
Ottawa
thetipster wrote: Ok, thanks for the clarification.
Point of the post is that the better deal by far is with ring.com
Definitely, especially for those with a no FX fee CC.
Based on current posted rate with MC and Visa, it's about CAD $210.51
Jun 28, 2009
888 posts
461 upvotes
swales wrote: Yes exactly, it will extend the warranty of the doorbell pro (and any other ring cam you have or get) as long as you continue to sub to the protect pro plan which is an awesome bonus imo.
I can attest this. Had issues with my doorbell pro since September where it will loose connectivity after someone rings the doorbell. I had to manually reset the device every time this happened. This came out of nowhere and I had the Pro when it was first released.

I bought the Spotlight cam when BestBuy had it on sale to replace the doorbell. Anyway, the Ring rep on the phone mentioned that If I went with their $100 plan, they would replace the doorbell at no cost. They would do the same for any other future Ring product I purchased