• Feb 15th, 2020 3:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1008 posts
1228 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…

RIP Christie Blatchford and Investigative Journalism in Canada

SOAP & WASH YOUR HANDS! Cough InTo Arm Pits.
I Don't Take Prisoners. We Eat Them.
Better to have a Green Thumb than a Brown Nose!
I am Offended You're Offended.
27 replies
Dec 14, 2016
410 posts
150 upvotes
GTA (not the game)
Damn, only 68. I remember reading her columns back when she was with the Toronto Sun...she was quite the writer.

Rest in peace.
If you're delivering a pizza to a guy, and he comes to the door naked, don't ask for a tip.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
18181 posts
3178 upvotes
Toronto
She may have been a good journalist at some point, but she was too much of an edgy contrarian troll during the time I knew her to get my respect. Defaming the dead with her articles during the Rehtaeh Parsons case just cemented my dislike of her.

It's a shame she's dead, and I sympathize with her family, but she should have retired long ago and spared us her opinions.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15194 posts
4829 upvotes
Here 'n There
I wasn't that fond of some of her views but she was a very good writer. Sad she's gone relatively young. She died of lung cancer that spread to the rest of her body. I think she was a smoker.
Last edited by eonibm on Feb 12th, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1723 posts
4 upvotes
Piro21 wrote: She may have been a good journalist at some point, but she was too much of an edgy contrarian troll during the time I knew her to get my respect. Defaming the dead with her articles during the Rehtaeh Parsons case just cemented my dislike of her.

It's a shame she's dead, and I sympathize with her family, but she should have retired long ago and spared us her opinions.
+1
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5999 posts
939 upvotes
Scarborough
Investigative journalism dead now? Its canada we dont have such things.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4079 posts
745 upvotes
One of the last REAL journalist that didn`t pander to the PC crowd . Wrote many articles about true crime . I grew up reading her in the sun and listening to her on the radio . Had her own way and never bent to the fake reporting of today.

RIP gone way too soon .
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18434 posts
1877 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Was just thinking why I haven’t seen an article of hers in the last while. Makes you a Ponder the vagaries of life where for most of us everyday life has become rote and meanwhile there are people hitting milestones or having life changing events at the same time. Easy to lose sight of the fleeting nature of living.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11953 posts
1087 upvotes
Brampton
Was this the reporter that went after the drug smuggling Amish in Mexico?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Jan 26, 2017
762 posts
808 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote: One of the last REAL journalist that didn`t pander to the PC crowd . Wrote many articles about true crime . I grew up reading her in the sun and listening to her on the radio . Had her own way and never bent to the fake reporting of today.

RIP gone way too soon .
What about Rosie Dimanno?!
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2227 posts
567 upvotes
Ontario
One of the last great journalists who actually wrote the real story without any bias or fear. She was great on 1010 also.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4557 posts
167 upvotes
Austin/Markham
pfbmgd wrote: One of the last REAL journalist that didn`t pander to the PC crowd . Wrote many articles about true crime . I grew up reading her in the sun and listening to her on the radio . Had her own way and never bent to the fake reporting of today.

RIP gone way too soon .
Weird, all her stories from like 1990-2010 were stuff that was Fox News level opinion pieces. I don't think there were any fact stories. The SUN isn't a real newspaper, I thought the sunshine girl thing was a pretty obvious hint.
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4079 posts
745 upvotes
webdoctors wrote: Weird, all her stories from like 1990-2010 were stuff that was Fox News level opinion pieces. I don't think there were any fact stories. The SUN isn't a real newspaper, I thought the sunshine girl thing was a pretty obvious hint.
Sure if you watch CNN and believe in Russian collusion and pred pro quo with Ukraine .

She covered many criminal trials and brought a human side to them . I doubt you know any of her work .

Love the way you throw other stuff in like sunshine girls . When you have no other facts . You deflect with other useless points .
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4079 posts
745 upvotes
Bebo123 wrote: What about Rosie Dimanno?!
We are talking about Christie not other journalists .