Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
2227 posts
616 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
coolspot wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 11:50 am
I bet if you do a blind comparison of Halal vs. Regular Meat, a Muslim would not be able to tell the difference.
I guarantee you are correct.
Feb 9, 2013
706 posts
339 upvotes
Ottawa
tk1000 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 11:34 am
fyi, Popeyes uses a supplier that supply's them with machine-slaughtered Halal certified chicken.

"To our loyal fans – we have changed our chicken supplier in Canada for a number of reasons, including supply sustainability, specification adherence, food safety, and brand consistency. As a result, the chicken is now machine processed rather than hand processed. It is, however, still Halal certified. Please visit your local restaurant manager if you have any questions or would like to view the official certificates. We want you to know we made the change to ensure that we can continue to serve you the chicken that you love from Popeyes!"
https://www.facebook.com/PopeyesCanada/ ... 3804394229

Do you have a study that shows machine-slaughtered Halal certified process still causes pain to the animal?
Did you read the study? As long as the neck is cut without stunning, the animal will feel pain.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3149 posts
262 upvotes
just say halal and call it a day, like anyone knows the difference
Dec 5, 2015
134 posts
42 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
iflyplanes wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 1:32 pm
Did you read the study? As long as the neck is cut without stunning, the animal will feel pain.
Not like we stun animals now....Lots of reports on how animals are treated and are not stunned and it's not worst than conditions they're being raised in at the factory farms

Just don't eat meat if you're concerned...Halal or not makes zero difference to the "pain" animal feels... They're in pain entire lives UpTo slaughtering and halal or not makes zero difference
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2477 posts
505 upvotes
Doubleshot wrote:
Mar 4th, 2017 11:28 am
Not like we stun animals now....Lots of reports on how animals are treated and are not stunned and it's not worst than conditions they're being raised in at the factory farms

Just don't eat meat if you're concerned...Halal or not makes zero difference to the "pain" animal feels... They're in pain entire lives UpTo slaughtering and halal or not makes zero difference
to me it's just silly people wont eat meat cause it hasnt been blessed, this is 2017... very very silly.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10069 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto
Sanyo wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 3:35 pm
to me it's just silly people wont eat meat cause it hasnt been blessed, this is 2017... very very silly.
What does the year have to do with someone's religion or faith?
It's not my religion, but it is something timeless that relates directly to a specific religion or faith based idea.
Much like how the Jewish have their Kosher.
Dec 12, 2016
19 posts
27 upvotes
If Muslims want to eat halal they should open up their own chain of restaurants instead of harassing a publically owned company. Why should the rest of us eat cruelly slaughtered chicken just because Islam mandates it? I would be uncomfortable knowing that the chicken I'm eating had its neck slashed open alive and died in excruciating pain instead of being stunned first.
Dec 5, 2015
134 posts
42 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Sanyo wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 3:35 pm
We still have religion and churches are being built all the time and the Conservatives still bring god into everything
Last edited by Doubleshot on Mar 6th, 2017 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 5, 2015
134 posts
42 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
KhalidA wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 2:22 am
If Muslims want to eat halal they should open up their own chain of restaurants instead of harassing a publically owned company. Why should the rest of us eat cruelly slaughtered chicken just because Islam mandates it? I would be uncomfortable knowing that the chicken I'm eating had its neck slashed open alive and died in excruciating pain instead of being stunned first.
Nobody is forcing you to eat it? If you don't want to eat it...Go elsewhere

As for pain... Animal is in pain regardless of method...All their lives in factory farms...Halal or not...Animals aren't stunned despite what they tell you .

Ever eat seafood as well?
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8518 posts
2713 upvotes
Ottawa
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 12:42 am
What does the year have to do with someone's religion or faith?
It's not my religion, but it is something timeless that relates directly to a specific religion or faith based idea.
Much like how the Jewish have their Kosher.
I would like to think with what we've learned scientifically, psychologically and through errors in history over decades (1400-2000 years or so) would outweigh this type of religious silliness. That's why the year matters.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3350 posts
319 upvotes
Aurora
Cas77 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 9:20 am
I would like to think with what we've learned scientifically, psychologically and through errors in history over decades (1400-2000 years or so) would outweigh this type of religious silliness. That's why the year matters.
I can't disagree with that!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2477 posts
505 upvotes
Doubleshot wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 7:50 am
We still have religion and churches are being built all the time and the Conservatives still being god into everything
which i dont agree with -- but i'll try to stay on topic, im talking about popeyes halal and the method and blessing, etc...
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2477 posts
505 upvotes
KhalidA wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 2:22 am
There's Quik Chik and it's absolute garbage food...
Dec 5, 2015
134 posts
42 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Cas77 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 9:20 am
Yet people go-to church on Sundays, , observe lent and etc

The church still rules society despite supposed separation from govt and "norms" like abortion, contraceptives, stem cells etc
May 22, 2016
393 posts
43 upvotes
Ontario
What about Kosher food or is that taboo to mention?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel