• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 10:34 pm
Jul 5, 2006
401 posts
212 upvotes
mikimoto wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 11:25 am
Name one product named classic that lasted.
Coke classic!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1303 posts
221 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
kevwo wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 11:28 pm
Coke classic!
Classic Rock!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1303 posts
221 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
comparisonShopper wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 10:08 am
I downloaded the LR Classic trial into a VM and decided it didn't offer enough improvement to justify upgrading from LR6.

Also, I noticed that despite being advertised as a stand-alone product, it was running a lot of cloud-based interfaces (eg., node.js) and other non-LR Adobe infrastructure -- bloatware, from my perspective. I'm guessing that increases its chances of being gateway for hackers, etc.

I decided to stick with LR6, even though raw for one of my cameras is not supported (meaning I have to go through raw->dng before using LR on that camera).
I'd just like an application that I can edit my photos with. Installing and run background services, especially ones that access the network, makes no sense as they have nothing to do with a static picture.

And it would be nice if they could improve the performance. Editing largish raw files is slow, and other operations like creating one-to-one previews is possibly slow. Maybe they should try using an optimizing compiler...
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3504 posts
433 upvotes
I've been using Lightroom for the past 4 or 5 years and currently using LR6. I won't be moving to the subscription service and will continue to just use my standalone LR6 instead for now. I've been checking out some youtube videos of Luminar 2018 and it's features for the past little while and I like what I'm seeing. I'm gonna wait until the windows version is updated to get all the same features as the Mac version and I think I'll buy it and give that a try as well.