Expired Hot Deals

[Ritual App] GTA-Toronto: $1 Food Festival taking place in North York & Dovercourt / Dufferin Grove from Feb 11 to Feb 22 (HOT!)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2019 12:45 am
May 29, 2015
66 posts
38 upvotes
Unionville, ON
So hard finding someone to refer as all my coworkers already have Ritual
Jan 11, 2002
816 posts
275 upvotes
Midland
I tried this out tonight! It worked! I did not do the referral thing but a co-worker referred me a few years back. Perhaps that's the trick? I'll be sure to be heading to the gym a bit more this month :)
Last edited by joe2k1 on Feb 13th, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5378 posts
1002 upvotes
Toronto
Under dollarfest, there's freshii at vic park and steeles in Toronto. Not sure why this location is under this food fest, but it works for existing account
Apr 24, 2013
212 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
cauliflower18 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 2:31 pm
Thanks Op! I've been a bit resistant to these food ordering apps, but decided to sign up since the North York deals looked really good and it's convenient for me. I got lunch from the Chainsmoker Urban Smoked Meat place (part of North York deal) which was really good - tasty smoked meat sandwich with a side of brussel sprouts - and it was free since I received credits for being a new user! I think I will get either Poke or the Butter Chicken tomorrow :)
I got the smoked meat sandwitch also with fries. it was really good!!!!!
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10775 posts
971 upvotes
Porchetta and co. On Dundas west is participating.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10775 posts
971 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 9:16 am
The best one in north York is Butter Chicken.
Haven't been to North York but I've had the butter chicken roti on queen west and it's decent, not the best. However their spice levels are way out of whack. Spicy is wayyyyyyy too spicy and even medium is way spicier than anywhere else. I eat spicy food and I was fine with it but many people would be complaining and they would be right. Hope they fixed that.

Artisan noodle is great too.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4547 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
slowtyper wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 8:59 pm
Haven't been to North York but I've had the butter chicken roti on queen west and it's decent, not the best. However their spice levels are way out of whack. Spicy is wayyyyyyy too spicy and even medium is way spicier than anywhere else. I eat spicy food and I was fine with it but many people would be complaining and they would be right. Hope they fixed that.

Artisan noodle is great too.
When I eat, it wasn't spicy at all. May be different location.

I tried basil box in Sheppard centre today. It is good. And the place is empty.
Images
  • upload.jpg
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Apr 24, 2013
212 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
No longer working for me. Was able to do it yesterday but don’t see any $1 options anymore
Dec 17, 2015
60 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Same, used it once for the first $1 meal yesterday and today everyone is regular price in the NYFOODFEST list of places.
Last edited by six0four on Feb 14th, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 22, 2012
767 posts
120 upvotes
TORONTO
I got the $1.05 (reg $11.95+tax) lunch from Soban Korean cafe (Yonge & Finch). It was so good and it was a big lunch. Highly recommended if you are around that area.
Dec 1, 2008
157 posts
36 upvotes
Windsor
Thanks for posting! I got a referral from someone in n this thread.

FYI u get bonus points from doing certain things. I have been poking around the app and keep earning points. So far I have found:
- 500 pts welcome bonus
- 50 points for checking out the referral page
- 500 points for adding 5 rituals.
- 500 pts first pickup
- 500 pts set profile picture
-50pts tell us your birthday.

And there are a few more. Some listed, and some not.

I don't see the $10 referral bonus though. (Found it - I either had to click the referral link or add it as a promo code)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
6919 posts
3041 upvotes
North York
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 9:23 pm
When I eat, it wasn't spicy at all. May be different location.
I tried basil box in Sheppard centre today. It is good. And the place is empty.
I took the same choice. Seems bigger savings than others. Yeah the place was empty in the late afternoon. Box was rather small considering the regular price, but still pretty filling. Regretted only starting late in the week.
Dec 20, 2005
237 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
So today around 5PM, I placed an order at Suban, but they cancelled it due to lack of ingredients. But I only found out only after I got to the restaurant (I don't know why Ritual doesn't send a text message for a cancellation - I didn't have the app open and the default push notification was "mute"). Then I tried to order Basil Box at Yonge/Sheppard because somehow the Basil Box at Yonge/Finch had disappeared, and they cancelled too. Finally ordered from Pho88 and that worked. It is really weird - I can maybe understand Suban running out of ingredients, but Basil Box? I have been to that location a few times and they are always stocked or in the process of replenishing.
Jan 28, 2004
830 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
So what is the best place for this promo?
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4547 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
w00t wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 12:29 pm
So what is the best place for this promo?
Basil box
cauliflower18 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 6:37 pm
So today around 5PM, I placed an order at Suban, but they cancelled it due to lack of ingredients. But I only found out only after I got to the restaurant (I don't know why Ritual doesn't send a text message for a cancellation - I didn't have the app open and the default push notification was "mute"). Then I tried to order Basil Box at Yonge/Sheppard because somehow the Basil Box at Yonge/Finch had disappeared, and they cancelled too. Finally ordered from Pho88 and that worked. It is really weird - I can maybe understand Suban running out of ingredients, but Basil Box? I have been to that location a few times and they are always stocked or in the process of replenishing.
When it disappear, you just click on refresh on the app and it will show up again. I find Sheppard and yonge basil box taste better.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine