Toronto

Ritual Lunch for $1 again

Price:
$1
Expiry:
September 27, 2019
Retailer:
Ritual
Lunch for $1 from Sep 16-27. Limit of four orders in total during the offer period. Need to refer a friend to activate the offer.

Screenshot_20190910-230713.jpg

RITUAL | Lunch for $1 Campaign - Terms & Conditions

The Lunch for $1 campaign will run on weekdays (Mon-Fri) from 5:00 AM local time to 5:00 PM local time from Monday, September 16th, 2019 to Friday, September 27th, 2019. $1 offers are applicable on select menu items at participating restaurants.

Conditions to Participate:

To access the $1 offer, existing Ritual users* (the “Referrer”) must refer a new user to Ritual (the “Referee”) within the specified referral period** using the referral code or link supplied by Ritual. Referral codes and links can be found in-app under More > Refer a friend & earn. The Referee must sign up on Ritual and place their first order before the Referrer can access their $1 offer.
The referee will receive a 2nd referral bonus once 1st referral bonus is partially or fully redeemed, if applicable. Referral signup credits cannot be combined with $1 offer.
New users to Ritual*** will gain instant access to $1 offers when the campaign begins.

Campaign Details:

Offer available Monday to Friday between 5:00 AM and 5:00 PM local time during the campaign duration.
Limit of four (4) $1 offer redemptions per user.
Offer can only be redeemed once per participating restaurant location during the campaign.
Offer can only be redeemed once per day during the campaign.
Offer cannot be combined with any other offers, such as Earn+ Rewards, or with promotional or referral signup credits.
Ritual cannot guarantee offer availability at any participating restaurant. Offers may only be available while quantities last at participating restaurants.
Promotion is subject to change at any time without notice.

Participating Cities:

CANADA: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver

USA: Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Dallas, Detroit, Gainesville, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Miami, Milwaukee, New Orleans, New York City, Portland, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Seattle, San Francisco, St. Louis, Washington

*Existing Ritual users are defined as users who placed their first Ritual order before 12:00 AM local time on September 9th, 2019.

**Referral period runs from 12:00 AM local time on September 9th, 2019 to 5:00 PM local time on September 27th, 2019.

***New Ritual users are defined as users who placed their first order through the Ritual app on or after 12:00 AM local time on September 9th, 2019.
86 replies
Dec 13, 2009
281 posts
104 upvotes
YMMV. You have to convince someone to join Ritual in order to get the deal.
Oct 21, 2015
248 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is much worse offer than last time
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
119 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
texasbruce wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 12:18 am
This is much worse offer than last time
Yeah, only lets you use 4 times and before 5 PM.
Feb 14, 2009
167 posts
123 upvotes
Not even worth the hassle. I don’t think we’ll be seeing much of this company in the future.
Feb 22, 2017
98 posts
119 upvotes
toronto, ON
Thadealhunter wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 11:15 pm
YMMV. You have to convince someone to join Ritual in order to get the deal.
You have to convince them to sign up AND they have to place an order...
Nov 23, 2017
998 posts
1972 upvotes
Last time I referred myself and made another account, took a whole week before they updated their system and allowed me the discounted lunch.
It's a good promo if you can get organically or self refer.
Sep 14, 2007
827 posts
256 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:43 am
Last time I referred myself and made another account, took a whole week before they updated their system and allowed me the discounted lunch.
It's a good promo if you can get organically or self refer.
You have two phone plans?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12094 posts
22382 upvotes
Scarborough
Kareth wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:21 am
You have to convince them to sign up AND they have to place an order...
You also have to hope their "unique system" doesn't think your friend is actually you under a different account and then deny you both the promotion. :lol: (Yes, that happened to me last time)
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
May 16, 2015
805 posts
177 upvotes
York, ON
TomRFD wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:34 am
You also have to hope their "unique system" doesn't think your friend is actually you under a different account and then deny you both the promotion. :lol: (Yes, that happened to me last time)
Same thing happened to me. Support is non existance once this happens to your account. Would email them few times and no response. Deleted the app ever since. Dont see this app succeeding much longer tbh.
Oct 20, 2007
343 posts
75 upvotes
I thought they were going to make it open to all as a response to Foodora's promotions, which have been great even if the prices are marked up.

It sucks that support isn't able to keep up during these promos. I got the "you referred yourself" issue too. They're usually pretty good, but saying that you don't think the app will continue to succeed is kind of whack. It's been popular for years before they started running these promos. The app isn't here to grant you free and $1 food constantly.
Last edited by minttea on Sep 11th, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12094 posts
22382 upvotes
Scarborough
bigmac22 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:06 am
Same thing happened to me. Support is non existance once this happens to your account. Would email them few times and no response. Deleted the app ever since. Dont see this app succeeding much longer tbh.
I even offered to physically come to their office to prove that we are indeed 2 unique individuals. No dice.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Mar 8, 2017
49 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Last time I invited my friend and she ordered successfully, but I didn't get anything, won't attend any invitation events like this in the future
Nov 23, 2017
998 posts
1972 upvotes
stryder1587 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 10:25 am
You have two phone plans?
I have a personal and business phone, but I also leverage my friends, family and co worker's (with their permission) plans as well.
I also pay per use for an international SMS verification service.