• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 8:33 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7259 posts
2356 upvotes
Toronto
Woohoo Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1546 posts
540 upvotes
I went on a first date with a girl that worked at Ritual in Toronto.

Long story short we argued about the long term sustainability of Ritual. Let's just say there was no second date lol.
Nov 23, 2017
997 posts
1966 upvotes
djpr wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:45 am

Long story short we argued about the long term sustainability of Ritual. Let's just say there was no second date lol.
I have a friend working in the food service industry who told me they take a huge % of the order, more than all of the other food ordering/delivery companies.
With targeted promos, and a "loyalty system" that actually exists these guys really be making bank out here.
archvenus14 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:53 am
I referred someone last time and they claimed this person was already on ritual. My mother-in-law doesnt have an email address.

Even if you go through the trouble, you may not get it.
Do I work with your M-I-L?
LMAO
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Sep 11th, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1111 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
I referred someone last time and they claimed this person was already on ritual. My mother-in-law doesnt have an email address.

Even if you go through the trouble, you may not get it.
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Jan 13, 2009
365 posts
254 upvotes
Concrete Jungle
djpr wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:45 am

Ritual employees provide horrible customer service..

1. She needs a raise cause she believes in the company she works for

2. You should be happy you dodged somebody who can’t see into the future
Sep 28, 2018
1 posts
This is not a great app overall, they take a huge cut from business owners, their rewards system is biased (if you're not regularly downtown your referrals only net you points as opposed to $10) and food notifications are not consistent (have ordered food told delay only to arrive and hear from business that it's been ready for a while (and vice versa)).
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4893 posts
811 upvotes
Its weird that there are people saying Ritual takes a huge cut, because I remember reading an article that Ritual takes a smaller cut than all the other big players (Uber, Foodora, Skip, DoorDash, etc), which to me, makes sense since they're a pickup only operation as opposed to all those delivery apps. If I remember correct, Ritual takes 10%, while many of these delivery apps takes 30%
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
1930 posts
616 upvotes
Edmonton
This deal is kind of terrible compared to last time, although I know they can't just hand out $1 meals all the time.
HP_John wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:20 pm
Its weird that there are people saying Ritual takes a huge cut, because I remember reading an article that Ritual takes a smaller cut than all the other big players (Uber, Foodora, Skip, DoorDash, etc), which to me, makes sense since they're a pickup only operation as opposed to all those delivery apps. If I remember correct, Ritual takes 10%, while many of these delivery apps takes 30%
I believe this is the case too - Ubereats is definitely around the 30% mark.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10880 posts
1028 upvotes
The promos are getting worse but the app itself is great. I love ritual, will continue to use it even if they don't have these anymore.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10880 posts
1028 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:53 am
I have a friend working in the food service industry who told me they take a huge % of the order, more than all of the other food ordering/delivery companies.
Not true at all
Jun 26, 2017
280 posts
119 upvotes
I spoke with a few restaurant owners and they said they pay a marketing company to help promote their business and this is one of the benefits. They assured me that Ritual doesn't take a cut per order. I'll ask a few more business owners to see if it's changed.

I don't eat out often but I do use Ritual since it's convenient and I get points too which you can redeem for credits. It's the exact same price as what you would pay at the restaurant and you get the added convenience of it being ready when you arrive. So why not use the service? Great for when you're back to back with meetings and have a small break.
Public Mobile, 12GB LTE/3mo/$120 plan
---
I am in compliance with all forum rules
Jul 12, 2019
25 posts
81 upvotes
larryperry wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:55 pm
I don't eat out often but I do use Ritual since it's convenient and I get points too which you can redeem for credits. It's the exact same price as what you would pay at the restaurant and you get the added convenience of it being ready when you arrive. So why not use the service? Great for when you're back to back with meetings and have a small break.
Exactly how I feel. Not sure what's up with all the Ritual hate out here. I'm looking forward to this promo.
Nov 24, 2002
197 posts
93 upvotes
Lots of strange Ritual haters in this thread. Personally, I find it way better to use than Uber, Foodora, Skip and such. Who wants to double the price of their meal after fees, delivery, and tips?
Aug 17, 2018
420 posts
263 upvotes
Deleted the App since I did a referral to a colleague in the last one and she got nothing for our wasted effort.
Jan 26, 2011
209 posts
250 upvotes
Dont see this app dying anytime soon - its huge in the downtown area almost every single PATH food place has it and everyone i know uses it often, atleast near the financial district. Its not really meant for use in the less populated areas.

Time to lure my new coworker into this xD