• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 12:13 am
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10891 posts
1031 upvotes
RichardStroker wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:22 am
Exactly how I feel. Not sure what's up with all the Ritual hate out here. I'm looking forward to this promo.
If you don't live downtown it's a lot less appealing. Plus some people here who are just looking for the deal and wouldn't use it normally. They are annoyed the deal is getting worse.

I referred some people who live in North York send are the type that needs to drive everywhere they go. The app wasn't useful to them. For us who walk a lot downtown it's very useful. I take mad advantage of all the $5 off perks too.
Aug 14, 2019
10 posts
23 upvotes
The promotions are not as good as when they first launched but I would still use the app as it is convenient for someone working in downtown.
Jun 26, 2017
280 posts
119 upvotes
slowtyper wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 12:49 pm
If you don't live downtown it's a lot less appealing. Plus some people here who are just looking for the deal and wouldn't use it normally. They are annoyed the deal is getting worse.

I referred some people who live in North York send are the type that needs to drive everywhere they go. The app wasn't useful to them. For us who walk a lot downtown it's very useful. I take mad advantage of all the $5 off perks too.
That's a great point you bring up as well. The random $5 perks that occur outside of promo periods.
Public Mobile, 12GB LTE/3mo/$120 plan
---
I am in compliance with all forum rules
Jun 26, 2017
280 posts
119 upvotes
JoyL302 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 11:27 am
Last time I invited my friend and she ordered successfully, but I didn't get anything, won't attend any invitation events like this in the future
Did you contact Ritual? That happened to me once and they give me extra credits and a free pass to the next $1 dollarfest.
Public Mobile, 12GB LTE/3mo/$120 plan
---
I am in compliance with all forum rules
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4904 posts
819 upvotes
Another thing to add, Ritual restaurants charge the same price in store as they do on the app. Ritual has a feature for people to report incorrect pricing, & you get 1000 points for it too. Other apps, many restaurants charge more on the app, since the apps take a huge cut (usually 30%).
I am a Koodo customer
Sep 11, 2019
2 posts
4 upvotes
Too many complications with this offer from my personal use experience. I have not yet been able to take advantage of Ritual's special offers as such (ie: $1 lunch, ect). I can only imagine how many NEW APP USERS they retrieved from this offer, many of whom were unable to use their services, and the customer service being rather unhelpful on this notation. I shall now delete their app and write a more detailed review on my experience. Best of luck and congrats to those of you whom can or are able to actually use their offer up :)
Dec 21, 2009
511 posts
148 upvotes
I self referred myself 3 times. All accounts still working. Guess I'll have to add one more.
Jul 16, 2019
18 posts
16 upvotes
When I started my current job two years ago, everyone in my company was using Ritual.
At noon time, I used to get piggyback alerts on who is buying what all the time. But not any more now.
Mobile: Bell - $40 - 6GB + unlimited mins & texts
Internet: Rogers - $25 - 75M unlimited
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
119 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
TheSalesman wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 4:27 pm
I self referred myself 3 times. All accounts still working. Guess I'll have to add one more.
Don't you need a different phone number each time?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
5036 posts
830 upvotes
Markham
TomRFD wrote:
You also have to hope their "unique system" doesn't think your friend is actually you under a different account and then deny you both the promotion. :lol: (Yes, that happened to me last time)
@tomrfd You didn't call them and tell them You can ban them in RFD?
Nov 22, 2012
617 posts
350 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ToonTylerToon wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 5:02 pm
When I started my current job two years ago, everyone in my company was using Ritual.
At noon time, I used to get piggyback alerts on who is buying what all the time. But not any more now.
A lot of people don't want to announce that they're going on lunch. They made it easier to go solo hence the lack of piggyback alerts.
Dec 21, 2009
511 posts
148 upvotes
Stagaz630 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 9:34 pm
Don't you need a different phone number each time?
i just used the textme now app. also can use fongo. I couldnt even use each account 5 times each. had a few left over and some meals i didnt even finish. lol
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
119 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
TheSalesman wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 2:02 pm
i just used the textme now app. also can use fongo. I couldnt even use each account 5 times each. had a few left over and some meals i didnt even finish. lol
How? It says "please use a mobile phone number" if you try.
Mar 2, 2005
60 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
They are dead to me after the last shit show
Last edited by firstlight on Sep 14th, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 2, 2005
60 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
I asked them to delete my account and they never did