• Dec 10th, 2019 4:44 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 27, 2017
78 posts
16 upvotes

Roadside assistance

Which credit cards offer roadside assistance as a perk of their credit cards?

Thanks
8 replies
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3337 posts
3170 upvotes
Montreal
TD Cash Back Visa Infinite Card
• Emergency Road Services with the Deluxe TD Auto Club Membership
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11621 posts
8241 upvotes
Hacked. not Leask
peteryorkuca wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 12:28 am
Down-pointing Red Triangle CT WE
X360 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 12:33 am
Also
  1. HomeTrust Preferred
  2. BMO WE

Honestly, CTFS ∆ WE is by far the best and no-AF for roadside. Second to that, consider TD CT CBI if you can justify the AF OR the multi-product OR churn (with some effort, slow churn and/or keep multiple cards at TD to maintain at least one as CBI at any given time). HomeTrust Preferred is next for no-AF, up to 5 km now included, so basically take it for the hookup waiver :lol: BMO uses a 3rd party and it's meh, given the annual fee (or their multi-product deal).
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Feb 28, 2014
359 posts
315 upvotes
X360 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 12:33 am
Only huge caveat with the TD CB VI card is that it only covers you to the closest repair shop, even if it's 1 km away, that's where you're going, even if it has a "up to" 200km. It's quite sneaky that they added that wording as most people would gloss over it.
Feb 18, 2019
187 posts
182 upvotes
+1 for CT WE. As poster above points out, TD roadside takes you to the nearest shop and that's all. While I was reading the fine print on CC's roadside plans, some really aren't that great. The CT WE gives you Canadian Tires "Gold" plan. They will tow you anywhere you want up to 250 KM. I've already used it once, service was fast and good.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11621 posts
8241 upvotes
Hacked. not Leask
deltatux wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 11:57 am
Only huge caveat with the TD CB VI card is that it only covers you to the closest repair shop, even if it's 1 km away, that's where you're going, even if it has a "up to" 200km. It's quite sneaky that they added that wording as most people would gloss over it.
DonkeyDoo wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 1:21 pm
+1 for CT WE. As poster above points out, TD roadside takes you to the nearest shop and that's all. While I was reading the fine print on CC's roadside plans, some really aren't that great. The CT WE gives you Canadian Tires "Gold" plan. They will tow you anywhere you want up to 250 KM. I've already used it once, service was fast and good.
My DP with TD Auto Club....

Nearest shop was 4KM away. I wanted a tow to the dealership, that was 5km away. Rather than charging me $4, the rep waived it for the extra click.

But ya, it's an annoying clause.

Sadly, even CTFS RA won't tow me across the provincial border, but theoretically I could get a private tow, then submit a claim for reimbursement :lol:
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home. Hackers keep changing my location to Leask.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1242 posts
1131 upvotes
Toronto
titaniumtux wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 1:13 am
Also
  1. HomeTrust Preferred
  2. BMO WE
HomeTrust Preferred is next for no-AF, up to 5 km now included, so basically take it for the hookup waiver :lol: BMO uses a 3rd party and it's meh, given the annual fee (or their multi-product deal).
For clarification it is "With the BMO CashBack World Mastercard and BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard, you will receive a free membership in the Dominion Automobile Association (DAA) and the benefits of their BMO Roadside Assistance Program (Basic Coverage)."

For the BMO Rewards World Elite it is an optional add-on.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11621 posts
8241 upvotes
Hacked. not Leask
spooky wrote:
Dec 10th, 2019 4:37 pm
For clarification it is "With the BMO CashBack World Mastercard and BMO CashBack World Elite Mastercard, you will receive a free membership in the Dominion Automobile Association (DAA) and the benefits of their BMO Roadside Assistance Program (Basic Coverage)."

For the BMO Rewards World Elite it is an optional add-on.
Touché.