Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Roam Mobility] 2 For 1 Deal $9.99 4G LTE SIM @ 7-Eleven

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2016 11:15 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
Hmm, just realized the 2 I got are Nano SIM (says so on the top left corner) at $10+tax
I forgot to ask, the cashier didn't ask either

Can I go exchange to Micro SIM even... I'll drop by later today to try

Unless they all come as 3-in-1 types "Standard, Micro and Nano in one card"
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
jerryhung wrote: Hmm, just realized the 2 I got are Nano SIM (says so on the top left corner) at $10+tax
I forgot to ask, the cashier didn't ask either

Can I go exchange to Micro SIM even... I'll drop by later today to try

Unless they all come as 3-in-1 types "Standard, Micro and Nano in one card"
I've never bought this but if it says Nano SIM on the top left then it shouldn't be the "three in one". I don't know why everyone doesn't implement that feature into their SIM's!
Feb 16, 2007
141 posts
167 upvotes
I've been to two stores, one is downtown Toronto and the other in North York. Both of them did not have it. Can anyone recommend stores that are selling them? Downtown or in Peel? Thanks in advance
Jan 3, 2013
720 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thank you

pembina kirkbridge in Winnipeg had a stack of the 3-in-1 4g LTE. The worker knew about the deal and was helpful.

Jul 7, 2014
69 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto, ON
method76 wrote: I've been to two stores, one is downtown Toronto and the other in North York. Both of them did not have it. Can anyone recommend stores that are selling them? Downtown or in Peel? Thanks in advance
I got 2 sim cards today at the store on 1151 Queen St E. They still have a stack of them when I left the store. You can give a try there.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
First, I have an iPhone 4s, and galaxy s5, which sim would I need? I thought there was just regular and micro sim... what is nano sim?

Also, is this a coupon offer that shows in the app, or just an instore promo?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote: First, I have an iPhone 4s, and galaxy s5, which sim would I need? I thought there was just regular and micro sim... what is nano sim?

Also, is this a coupon offer that shows in the app, or just an instore promo?
You need Micro SIM for both phones. For the iPhone 5 and newer models require a Nano SIM.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: You need Micro SIM for both phones. For the iPhone 5 and newer models require a Nano SIM.
AncasterRFD wrote: An adapter allows nano to become micro or regular size.

[IMG]http://www.datago.co/uploads/9/1/2/5/91 ... 1_orig.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks for the replies... just finished looking at that exact chart on the web!

Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2009
1184 posts
40 upvotes
Any cellphone with SIM lot will work? How about non-AWS phone?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
successfully went into another 7-11 to swap my 2 Nano SIM to Micro SIM (+adapter to Regular SIM)

not sure why I got it, since I still have T-mobile $3/day, ha ha
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Oct 7, 2008
255 posts
85 upvotes
Vancouver
If you're in Vancouver, Rupert & 22nd location has maybe 4-5 of each left!
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10232 posts
3143 upvotes
Montreal
jackass_ca wrote: Thanks for the replies... just finished looking at that exact chart on the web!
Don't forget to print this out for the data settings (some phones pick it up automatically, many Android phones and older iPhones DO NOT):
https://www.roammobility.com/support/ho ... aming.html
ignoreme wrote: Any cellphone with SIM lot will work? How about non-AWS phone?
If you just want voice and texting most phones will work with Roam Mobility.

They use T-mobile's network, frequencies here:
http://androidforums.com/threads/how-to ... le.706991/

Note that 1900mhz for 3G/4G data is LIMITED to large cities. Rural areas are mostly 1700mhz, but popular destinations are being upgraded to 1900mhz...all of their network should be 1900mhz compatible by the end of 2015.

For voice, almost any old phone will work on T-Mobile.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Just picked up at my local store... non on the hooks, but luckily lots in the till... placed in iPhone 4s, and works, also confirming that the $11 unlock I got through RFD worked too! Win/Win

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Quick question, reading that once activated, you have to top up or use once a year or not only do you lose your number but the card is expired? Correct? IS there a time frame to which I have to set this up the first time? Like I bought them now as they are on sale, but won't be using them for a while...

Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2005
1146 posts
163 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: Quick question, reading that once activated, you have to top up or use once a year or not only do you lose your number but the card is expired? Correct? IS there a time frame to which I have to set this up the first time? Like I bought them now as they are on sale, but won't be using them for a while...
You can defer activation until later. The day you have to renew is one year after you activated it or a year from the last time you topped it up.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
PatcheZ wrote: Y'know what?
Just putting it out there... but why not just add the APN prior to going on the trip?
For flights yes, but you might want it working on your default network until you cross, say if you'r a passenger in a bus or vehicle.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2007
1023 posts
174 upvotes
GTA ON
I just picked up the SIM cards at the McCowan and Denison 7-Eleven location in Markham. I got the last standard/micro sim from them. All they have left are the Nano SIMs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)