None
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37977 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MANGLER wrote:
Jul 1st, 2013 1:36 pm
OP thanked. Just got one for my upcoming trip to Vegas.

One thing I noticed, make sure you create and update your account completely (billing and shipping address) before your buy your plan. Promo code did not seem to "take" if i just went through the motions and put the plan in my cart first.

Once your account is setup, you don't even need the cc info!
You're welcome and yup entering shipping and billing address is a must for this kind of thing. Its something you can't avoid lol as though its the usual freebie lol.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Apr 29, 2008
5292 posts
1255 upvotes
Montreal
Too bad I did not decide to use Roam Mobility before and did not see this thread ahed of time. I ordered a sim end of June, couple of days ago, but I did not receive it by mail yet. I am supposed to receive it in a couple of days. Local retailers were too far to make it worthwhile.

The 19 digit SIM number is not written on the invoice or the order page unfortunately :)
Nov 6, 2011
246 posts
38 upvotes
Kelowna
Picked up one from London Drugs for the iPhone 5. We will be travelling to US a few times and this would come in handy. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2966 posts
2898 upvotes
Montreal
cashinstinct wrote:
Jul 1st, 2013 5:57 pm
Too bad I did not decide to use Roam Mobility before and did not see this thread ahed of time. I ordered a sim end of June, couple of days ago, but I did not receive it by mail yet. I am supposed to receive it in a couple of days. Local retailers were too far to make it worthwhile.

The 19 digit SIM number is not written on the invoice or the order page unfortunately :)
You live in Montreal. There is an option for you to get the SIM card today to use this CANADADAY promocode. All the dealers in Montreal are closed on July 1st except this one man business. I think he operates his business at home. You just need to call him and go to his place to get the SIM card or meet somewhere near his place. $20 no tax.

He is one of the Roam Mobility authorized dealers.

Travel Phones USA
Dollard des Ormeaux, QC H9A 2A6
514-502- 5811

http://www.roammobility.com/where-to-buy
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3471 posts
247 upvotes
Montreal
X360 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2013 6:52 pm
You live in Montreal. There is an option for you to get the SIM card today to use this CANADADAY promocode. All the dealers in Montreal are closed on July 1st except this one man business. I think he operates his business at home. You just need to call him and go to his place to get the SIM card or meet somewhere near his place. $20 no tax.

He is one of the Roam Mobility authorized dealers.

Travel Phones USA
Dollard des Ormeaux, QC H9A 2A6
514-502- 5811

http://www.roammobility.com/where-to-buy
It's too late now but I called around and FIFA on Cote Vertu (listed on the Roam Mobility site) was open today. That's where I bought mine.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
5292 posts
1255 upvotes
Montreal
wellI wont buy a 2nd sim anyway since mine has been mailed end of June :)

thanks for info
Oct 7, 2010
135 posts
26 upvotes
wished i executed this sooner.. hope they do more promos in the future.
Mar 2, 2006
239 posts
34 upvotes
Just to let people know. You can order from their online store then send them an email asking for the sim 19 digit code.

I did this thursday they send me the codes with in 12hrs.. was able to use the codes today..saved my self 54.99 fof a 7 day trip
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
37977 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
unknwon wrote:
Jul 1st, 2013 7:52 pm
Just to let people know. You can order from their online store then send them an email asking for the sim 19 digit code.

I did this thursday they send me the codes with in 12hrs.. was able to use the codes today..saved my self 54.99 fof a 7 day trip
Might be kind of late though to contact their department and get the sim # within 12 hours.
***** wrote:
Jul 1st, 2013 5:47 pm
RFD doesn't support referral links as it goes back to Roam's main page. Plus I think it only applies if you buy the sim card from their online store vs from a store.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Aug 22, 2005
746 posts
60 upvotes
Brampton
Just an FYI if you plan on travelling to the states in the near future but don't really have a set date in mind, CSR advised me to put down June 29, 2014 as my future date and change it by calling them when I actually need to travel. Considering how these SIMs are valid for a year, I thought this was a good idea. Now that most of us have added the 7 day TTD plan to our accounts, it dawned on me that instead of burning a 7 day plan for maybe a one, two or three day trip, I can simply just add a smaller plan to my account instead of wasting my free 7 day plan... hope this helps! The 7 day plan does not need to be used first... you can save it till a long enough trip...

Also, note for the procrastinators... you still haven't missed the boat... you can get the promo till 3 AM ET... ROAM runs on Pacific Time...
Nov 3, 2009
414 posts
97 upvotes
Did anyone try to add multiple plans on the first Top-Up? ie. keep going "shop more plans" and see if they're all zero-rated?

I didn't realize I could try that until after I activated my one plan... you can't do it again, unfortunately.

Good luck to anyone in the last 2.25 hours!
Aug 22, 2005
746 posts
60 upvotes
Brampton
Yes, I did, albeit by accident, because I had a 7 day plan in my cart and then added another 7 day plan to my cart, entered the code but it still showed me 30 some dollars at which point I realized I had 2... so no, it wouldn't have worked.

Hopefully you can sleep easier now... lol.
Scott M. wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2013 12:47 am
Did anyone try to add multiple plans on the first Top-Up? ie. keep going "shop more plans" and see if they're all zero-rated?

I didn't realize I could try that until after I activated my one plan... you can't do it again, unfortunately.

Good luck to anyone in the last 2.25 hours!
Oct 5, 2002
360 posts
37 upvotes
Their system is down right now (10pm PST), been trying since 9pm PST. You can create an account, but but when its time to enter the SIM #, error message "We apologize. Our service is currently under maintenance. Your SIM will be activated as soon as we are back online" pops up.
Aug 22, 2005
746 posts
60 upvotes
Brampton
Damn... looks like the rfd-effect did finally happen... lol. I think I have a fairly good idea when they will be back online... lol.
gyozaman wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2013 1:12 am
Their system is down right now (10pm PST), been trying since 9pm PST. You can create an account, but but when its time to enter the SIM #, error message "We apologize. Our service is currently under maintenance. Your SIM will be activated as soon as we are back online" pops up.
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2003
15520 posts
1266 upvotes
Langley
I did a speedtest with a "G" showing as my data connection, and 5 bars for voice. I got 32k down and 40k up. 1001ms ping. Downtown Reno gets 2-3megs down with 4g, but as soon as you get a couple miles from the core, speeds drop off a cliff.

I'm leaving Reno tomorrow for Kings Canyon and Seqouia park. I hope the speeds are decent along the way cause there probably wont be anything in the park.
× < >