Expired Freebies

[Roam Mobility] Free Roam Mobility Sim Card for travel to the USA

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2019 4:22 pm
Feb 25, 2003
306 posts
115 upvotes
Vancouver
You can't beat the convenience of Roam. You don't even have to activate a plan before hand. This can be activated in the US and be up and running in an hour. (Using a public WiFi of course). I have used them in Maui and Phoenix with no issues in the past.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6712 posts
2489 upvotes
Calgary
So do we know if subscribers are qualified for such free sim or not?
Apr 17, 2005
366 posts
65 upvotes
I use Roam when travelling in the States with an old Nexus 5 that I use as a hotspot so both my wife and I have internet access on our respective phones. Worked well through Washington, Oregon and California. Coverage is a little spotty when you get out in the deserts of Nevada and Utah etc. In that case AT&T has better coverage.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2003
212 posts
182 upvotes
althetrainer wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 11:14 pm
So do we know if subscribers are qualified for such free sim or not?
When you fill in the form, you do not need to confirm whether you are Zoomer subscribers or not. Nor did it ask you to fill in any information relating to Zoomer subscriber.
Although I am with Zoomer, the info (address) I used do not match my Zoomer account and I still get the SIM Card in less than 1 week
Jan 5, 2012
69 posts
75 upvotes
Montreal
I bought one of their SIM card for 5 dollars last year, but I did not had the chance to use it since we decided this year to visit locally. I received a message that the SIM will be permanently deactivated if I don't buy credit which I didn't, so they disabled the card afterwards. Oh well, if you get it free, get it, but know that you are required to add credit every year to keep it active.
Mar 5, 2016
119 posts
141 upvotes
YYC
If I select standard SIM, I can still break it down to micro or nano on my own? Or does the package comes with a nano SIM with micro and standard adapters?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2187 posts
734 upvotes
Surrey
arvindhraman wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 1:06 am
If I select standard SIM, I can still break it down to micro or nano on my own? Or does the package comes with a nano SIM with micro and standard adapters?
I am not sure why they have option, all the new sims has pre-cut that you can snap the one you want.
Mar 5, 2016
119 posts
141 upvotes
YYC
paaji wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 1:35 am
I am not sure why they have option, all the new sims has pre-cut that you can snap the one you want.
Thanks... Will order the standard one.
Jul 4, 2018
126 posts
184 upvotes
Thanks OP! Actually lost mine so the timing is perfect!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11397 posts
1271 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Darn it, I didn't think to try entering a fake phone number. Anyone try?

Thanks for the tip.
Aug 18, 2016
148 posts
153 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 2:53 am
Darn it, I didn't think to try entering a fake phone number. Anyone try?

Thanks for the tip.
For what purpose?
Jun 16, 2008
241 posts
211 upvotes
Brampton
Did any of you get an email notification that you have ordered one after submitting the form?
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1029 posts
617 upvotes
Calgary
I used Roam back in March while I was in the Miami and Orlando. No problems
Apr 13, 2004
969 posts
287 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Roam used to be much better, most Canadian plans have better, easier options to use your own number but free is free.

I have had no problem in south eastern Florida, Miami, Fort Lauderdale but there is ZERO coverage in the south west, Fort Myers, Bonita area. See the coverage map.
#melnykout