Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Roam Mobility

ROAM MOBILITY SIM CARD BOGO FREE!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2016 2:12 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18703 posts
5733 upvotes

ROAM MOBILITY SIM CARD BOGO FREE!!!!

Deal Link:
Expiry:
October 24, 2016
Retailer:
Roam Mobility
On now for a limited time, all SIM cards are buy one, get one free1! There's no limit to how many SIMs you can buy with this limited-time offer, so now is the perfect time to shop for your next trip.

https://www.roammobility.com/products

https://www.roammobility.com/checkout/cart/
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
49 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
Roam is the scum of carriers. Zero customer service, poor service and they are quickly becoming noncompetitive in an era of roaming packages and free roaming SIMs.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18703 posts
5733 upvotes
Kasakato wrote: Roam is the scum of carriers. Zero customer service, poor service and they are quickly becoming noncompetitive in an era of roaming packages and free roaming SIMs.
what other selection do I have? I used them last year in Portland and Seattle without any issue..
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Mar 7, 2011
605 posts
559 upvotes
Vancouver
Kasakato wrote: Roam is the scum of carriers. Zero customer service, poor service and they are quickly becoming noncompetitive in an era of roaming packages and free roaming SIMs.
I started hating them when they made the expiry 6 months, but I didn't find a good alternative yet. Care to share some?
Jan 19, 2008
127 posts
83 upvotes
QC, Canada
sky417 wrote:
I started hating them when they made the expiry 6 months, but I didn't find a good alternative yet. Care to share some?
I don't bother anymore and just use Fido Roam for 5$/day. RoamMobility killed my SIM without warning me when they changed their expiry from 12 to 6 months. When I contacted them via email the responses I got were mostly canned (and the rest was difficult to understand - I assume from the support person's lacking English skills).
Feb 5, 2009
272 posts
62 upvotes
Mont-Royal
As an alternative for short stays and if you do not plan to use a lot of data while on US, Fido's Roam like Home is not that bad: for 5 $ a day you use the phone in US like being in Canada...
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2842 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
I like Roam Mobility despite the new shorter expiry date. I've used it about 6 times now without issue (Vegas, LA, San Francisco, New York, Chicago). The speeds were great, supposedly LTE according to my phone icon on my Samsung s5 and later s7. It's a great alternative to those of us that don't have Fido Roam. Plus I don't have to use my Fido data cap on Roam Mobility.

If it helps, other prepaid SIM cards expire too. I just top up with $2-3 or so if I'm not traveling to the US in time. Although of course I wish they didn't raise their plan by $1 and kept the 1 year expiry vs 6 months.
Mar 25, 2008
58 posts
84 upvotes
Burnaby
I too was a long time customer of roam but hated that they keep raising the price and the 6 month requirement. Now I use freedom pop. It's US based so no canada support. Also you can only get the hardware if you are near the border or has a USA friend. The best thing about it is the basic service which is FREE. Need to register a credit card but so far no reoccurring charges. Bought a sim card ($0.99) and a second hand LG G2 for $60 usd.

More about it here
freedompop-us-global-sim-free-monthly-t ... s-1979711/
Dec 8, 2013
783 posts
727 upvotes
British Columbia
alseph wrote: I too was a long time customer of roam but hated that they keep raising the price and the 6 month requirement. Now I use freedom pop. It's US based so no canada support. Also you can only get the hardware if you are near the border or has a USA friend. The best thing about it is the basic service which is FREE. Need to register a credit card but so far no reoccurring charges. Bought a sim card ($0.99) and a second hand LG G2 for $60 usd.

More about it here
Since that thread is locked. Is it possible to use your own phone with freedompop? Like an iPhone SE?
Customer of:
Rogers/Red Wireless and Fizz Mobile
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1921 posts
214 upvotes
I just started to use the roaming packages from own carrier. I just miss the amount of data you have while roaming. Roam Mobility isn't cheap either.
Mar 25, 2008
58 posts
84 upvotes
Burnaby
booruce wrote:
alseph wrote: I too was a long time customer of roam but hated that they keep raising the price and the 6 month requirement. Now I use freedom pop. It's US based so no canada support. Also you can only get the hardware if you are near the border or has a USA friend. The best thing about it is the basic service which is FREE. Need to register a credit card but so far no reoccurring charges. Bought a sim card ($0.99) and a second hand LG G2 for $60 usd.

More about it here
Since that thread is locked. Is it possible to use your own phone with freedompop? Like an iPhone SE?
If your phone is unlocked it should work. They run off the sprint network. I tried a iPhone 5 and it did work
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18703 posts
5733 upvotes
thankx for sharing....I will look into that...

so, where to get it in States besides shipping..? do they ship to Canada?

More about it here
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Apr 26, 2016
201 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gadgetman wrote: Has anyone tried "freedompop" ?
Love FP - used in the states dozen times and a handful of times in Europe - No issues and best of all its free! with NO expiry.
Jan 22, 2008
844 posts
413 upvotes
Ottawa
My gripe with Roam (other than the 6 month expiry) is that I find I am unlucky with T-Mobile coverage in the States. I'd prefer finding a carrier that uses AT&T's network which seems to have better coverage.

There are a couple of other options at the bottom of this page on TripAdvisor. Not sure if any of them are good or not though:
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g191- ... he.Us.html
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
If you do not care as to what US number you get and as to keeping that number afterwards, I found a good alternative for those (like me) who occasionally need 3-4 weeks of full service in the US (including 5-10GB of LTE data and unlimited calls to USA and Canada and Mexico): there are several ebay US sellers who sell preloaded T-Mobile SIM cards, with a seller-activated T-Mobile $50/month or $60/month plan (unlimited local/international text/calls, 5-10GB of LTE data per month). Such SIM cards are sold for around USD$20 (shipped free to an ameri-friend or to your hotel in the USA). Shipping to Canada is available but it is stupidly expensive. The catch: the prepaid service loaded on these SIMs expires in 30 days from activation (you send an email to the seller the day before you need activation of the service). Extending the service for one additional month is expensive (another USD $50 or $60); for longer stays, it is better to buy another one of these SIM cards ahead of time and activate it, with a new phone number, when the first SIM expires). Search on ebay.ca for: preloaded T-MOBILE SIM MONTH FREE.

I used such a SIM last year in the USA and service was very good in those areas with good T-Mobile coverage. Even after burning through 10GB of LTE data in less than two weeks (tethering for the entire family), there was still unlimited 2G data connection for the remainder of 30 days, slow but OK for Google maps and real-time navigation.
Last edited by ahoroba on Oct 18th, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 1, 2013
483 posts
204 upvotes
Why is the subject all caps? Not much of a deal.. why would many people need two sims anyway?

Not happy that roam raised their prices either. I have not heard of Freedom pop though, I'll look into it now
May 26, 2006
211 posts
26 upvotes
Alex1114 wrote: Why is the subject all caps? Not much of a deal.. why would many people need two sims anyway?
Just because you're lonely doesn't mean other people are too.

we could be traveling with a family, friends, significant other...
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
1064 posts
324 upvotes
I buy H2O wireless sims on ebay for very cheap$$. Then you buy a top up from callingmart.com (where they take paypal). Activate your sim and select what package you want. 5 cents per minute on calls and 5 cents per test 10 cents per MB. https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... ge=planMin I have been doing this for years. Usually I just do a $10 top up to have the ability to make calls and texts.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)