Computers & Electronics

Is it roaming if I am from ON, but using 3G to go on MSN/internet/etc. in Quebec?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2010 2:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1510 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
Assuming Rogers/Bell/Telus, then no, you're not roaming if take your Ontario phone to Quebec.

There is no "domestic" roaming for data or SMS/MMS in Canada for the incumbents -- only the new players (WIND, Mobilicity, etc.)
Home automation, NOVO (HiFi) Magazine, Google Trusted Photographer, electric vehicles.
May 17, 2006
579 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
That being said, be careful when you're near the US border - I've been dinged for data roaming when on the other side of the St. Lawrence. If you're in Montreal or QC it shouldn't be a problem though.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
7527 posts
53 upvotes
Pickering
As others have said, no data roaming for Canada with the big players.
vdub07 wrote: That being said, be careful when you're near the US border - I've been dinged for data roaming when on the other side of the St. Lawrence. If you're in Montreal or QC it shouldn't be a problem though.
Most companies will waive the charges as they understand it happens frequently.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
vdub07 wrote: That being said, be careful when you're near the US border - I've been dinged for data roaming when on the other side of the St. Lawrence. If you're in Montreal or QC it shouldn't be a problem though.
Well as long as your phone still says Rogers/Bell, then you should be safe.
There's a sucker born every minute.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)