Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2542 posts
944 upvotes
Everywhere
callernamet wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 11:59 am
Thanks for the tip.
PSA, a HK SIM card, or any SIM that roams in mainland China bypasses the great firewall and a VPN is not necessary. You can often buy these SIM cards on Amazon or Ebay. Make sure you can activate them from mainland China though.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8742 posts
825 upvotes
Sorry for asking but is there a SIM card or data plan/card that I can use while traveling in Buenos Aires/Argentina?

I would need it to work with iphone 6 or Google Pixel 1
Dec 25, 2012
411 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
What is the best sim for travel in australia? Would I need to buy the sim card here? Samsung a8
JS
Jun 27, 2017
223 posts
324 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Could anyone suggest data hungry roaming sim? I used Roam Mobility last week for my trip San Jose San Fran after using up the 512mb data after that is a gong show could not use the carrier anymore. Are there any good prepaid data plans like Roam Mobility where the users pay by the day?

Asking for NA carrier.

Thanks in advance
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2542 posts
944 upvotes
Everywhere
James Stonehenge wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 8:09 pm
What is the best sim for travel in australia? Would I need to buy the sim card here? Samsung a8
Any one of the Australian carriers are pretty cheap compared to Canadian ones.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2542 posts
944 upvotes
Everywhere
cheecheese wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 10:52 am
Could anyone suggest data hungry roaming sim? I used Roam Mobility last week for my trip San Jose San Fran after using up the 512mb data after that is a gong show could not use the carrier anymore. Are there any good prepaid data plans like Roam Mobility where the users pay by the day?

Asking for NA carrier.

Thanks in advance
AT&T has a $2.00/day plan (charged only on days you use it). This is talk and text only. However, this allows you to buy data passes, 100MB for $1. Otherwise, the pay-per-use data rate is 1¢ per 5KB. I'm not sure if you can buy more than one 100MB per day though. You might want to call AT&T Prepaid to find out.

TMobile has something similar, but the monthly charge is $3 (always charged) for 50 minutes and/or texts. Data is about $10 for 1GB and is valid for seven days.

This is US data only. If you want North America data, you will have to move up to one of the monthly prepaid plans.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13789 posts
6181 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
cheecheese wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 10:52 am
Could you not top up Roam, e.g. CA$30 for another 2GB for 30 days?

There's also KnowRoaming. Haven't used them. IIRC they roam on AT&T.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Jun 27, 2017
223 posts
324 upvotes
Surrey, BC
bylo wrote:
Nov 15th, 2018 10:55 pm
Could you not top up Roam, e.g. CA$30 for another 2GB for 30 days?

There's also KnowRoaming. Haven't used them. IIRC they roam on AT&T.
I could topup for Roam but I will be tethering for friends or family, 2gb might not be enough. I want to see if there is a plan that is like bang for the buck.

I'll look into KnowRoaming and see is it worth.

Thanks for the help