Entertainment

Robert Kirkman’s comic book “Invincible” to be adapted as a movie by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2023 6:02 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA

Robert Kirkman’s comic book “Invincible” to be adapted as a movie by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg

Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg to Adapt Robert Kirkman’s ‘Invincible’
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/seth- ... 202022566/

How Robert Kirkman's 'Invincible' Could Inspire Years of Big-Screen Adventures
Before the 'Walking Dead' creator's genre-defying superhero comic reaches theaters, here's what you need to know about the universe it creates.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... lms-991187
27 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17433 posts
12782 upvotes
Toronto
I guess the live action movie never came together but an animated series is on its way

Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17433 posts
12782 upvotes
Toronto
YT comments indicate JK Simmons is voicing the character that looks more like J. Jonah Jameson than his live action portrayal YMMV

Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17433 posts
12782 upvotes
Toronto
I feel 40+ minutes is too long per episode but my goodness what a violent close to the pilot
Shocked at the gore but not as shocked at the turn of events with preceding press already strongly hinting at the twist -- maybe outright given away, don't specifically recall
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8627 upvotes
GTA
I'm on episode 2 right now. It's pretty decent so far, not groundbreaking though. If you enjoy superhero series like The Boys or Watchmen or The Umbrella Academy, this is similar.
And yes pretty gory considering, like an animated The Boys. They have some good voice actors though and so far the story is ok. I'll keep watching, unless it gets lame.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
Got high and watched Falcon and the Winter Soldier episode 2 and then I binged through the 3 episodes of this last night. I knew of the thing because it was shown in the above trailer, but I still loved seeing it happen. Again watched this high, and my gawd was it a blast to watch and recommend trying to do the same to add to its awesomeness
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Invader Gir wrote: Got high and watched Falcon and the Winter Soldier episode 2 and then I binged through the 3 episodes of this last night. I knew of the thing because it was shown in the above trailer, but I still loved seeing it happen. Again watched this high, and my gawd was it a blast to watch and recommend trying to do the same to add to its awesomeness
I was not high when watching it, and I thought the first three episodes were great too. I loved the comics so I was bound to enjoy this animated show.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17433 posts
12782 upvotes
Toronto
Yikes another bloody episode otherwise I wasn't giving my full attention so I don't know where wolf(?) alien guy came from
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8627 upvotes
GTA
jenviea wrote: Yikes another bloody episode otherwise I wasn't giving my full attention so I don't know where wolf(?) alien guy came from
He was a lion I believe, voiced by Michael Dorn of STTNG fame. It didn't really say where he came from besides being a hired goon.
The episode was fine, I liked the ending and how things ended for Titan.
I was just looking over the cast list to figure out Titan's name and I never realized so e of the voice actors. Mark Hamill, Mahershala Ali, Zachary Quinto, Grey DeLisle, even Justin Roiland? Lots of big names.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17433 posts
12782 upvotes
Toronto
BernardRyder wrote: It didn't really say where he came from besides being a hired goon.
Everyone should be working for him but I guess that'd too boring a life for he
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17433 posts
12782 upvotes
Toronto
Some interesting turn of characters & events setting up next week's season finale
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8627 upvotes
GTA
ji2o0k wrote: Yup, I caught up this weekend....interesting & I haven’t read the comics so not sure if close to source material.

Not sure how Omni-man is going to talk to Invincible to explain why what happened.....will be interesting!
I haven't read the comics, but I'm guessing it has to do with his planet or race of people. Like there can be only one per planet, or they are coming to destroy earth... because something is definitely fishy about his background, like why such selfless servitude to the Universe? Doesn't add up to me.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17433 posts
12782 upvotes
Toronto
Batfleck was right.
Puny humans need a fail safe against a God like being.
I hope Immortal being revived isn't a running gag.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1731 posts
1779 upvotes
Great show. Really enjoying it so far. Wish it was marketed better so that more people would know about it.

Never knew the comics were created by the same guy that made the Walking Dead comics. Started reading them last week. Already on issue 34. Very hard to put down!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
The father and son battle was quite brutal. Just the way I like it. Just wish it was done in a live action movie. Oh man, all those people died as collateral damage. Hehehe.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21786 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
The scene where he's trying to hold the building and it falls anyway was amazing. It's what would happen in real life if a superhero tried that move, and I'm glad someone finally put it in a show. I'm tired of seeing movies where the hero does something like support the entire weight of a crashing 747 on a few square inches of his body and it actually stays intact instead of crumpling and continuing to crash.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)