Home & Garden

robotic pool cleaner

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2019 10:27 am
Nov 17, 2016
286 posts
176 upvotes
I have this: https://www.poolsuppliescanada.ca/zodia ... eaner.html . They go on sale for about 219$. It is not perfect, leaves some spots not cleaned, but other than that does the job. It used to stuck in deep end main drain (I do not have cover on it), but then I took a pool noodle and round-added it to the drain (leaving center open) and now it works months without getting stuck. For the spots that are not getting cleaned - I just take a brush and once a week push all stuff from that spot to deaper end and it looks good.
Jan 15, 2010
494 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Vi20161128 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 2:44 pm
I have this: https://www.poolsuppliescanada.ca/zodia ... eaner.html . They go on sale for about 219$. It is not perfect, leaves some spots not cleaned, but other than that does the job. It used to stuck in deep end main drain (I do not have cover on it), but then I took a pool noodle and round-added it to the drain (leaving center open) and now it works months without getting stuck. For the spots that are not getting cleaned - I just take a brush and once a week push all stuff from that spot to deaper end and it looks good.
I have something similar. It actually works really well. I throw it in the pool, plug it in the skimmer and let it run and the walls and bottom are cleaned. It amazes me how it randomly goes around in circles and eventually gets the entire floor.
Mar 24, 2006
44 posts
6 upvotes
Etobicoke
We bought a Maytronics Dolphin M300 this year. Best thing ever. Worth every penny!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1575 posts
480 upvotes
GTA
lily99 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 7:16 pm
We bought a Maytronics Dolphin M300 this year. Best thing ever. Worth every penny!!
how's the wire after one or two runs? i know iRobot has wrinkling wire issue
Banned
Feb 8, 2019
10 posts
As someone who has plenty of experience with pool maintainence, I'd recommend a Polaris 360 , if you don't have a booster pump, or a Polaris 280/380 or 3900 Sport if you do have a booster pump setup. Polaris can cope with literally all types of debris because it has the largest "mouth" (the opening that sucks) of any permanent pool sweeps, and the default bag it uses will collect larger dirt and silt particles. They're easy to work on and will last 10 years+ if you properly take care of it and do some minor refurbishing as needed. [removed] you can compare these Polaris models
Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 6th, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam removed