Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Rock Band SE Refurbished - $71 (PS3) or $59(PS2)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2009 2:05 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 5, 2008
6 posts
1 upvote

Rock Band SE Refurbished - $71 (PS3) or $59(PS2)

Went into the Vancouver LD's (Cambie and Broadway) and found a stack of refurbished PS3 and PS2 Rock Band SE for $79, but for some reason when scanned it had a 10% off so got it for $71! YMMV. :cheesygri
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
2116 posts
1137 upvotes
I didn't realize London Drugs sells refurbished anything. Are you sure its refurbished?

I may drop by there this evening. Were there many left?
Apr 5, 2008
6 posts
1 upvote
Yup, it has a big yellow sign on the side of the box that says 'refurbished unit, all sales final'.

lots of PS3 and PS2 left over...didn't see any xbox 360 ones there though...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7423 posts
538 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm tempted but I don't know if I have room for more plastic doohickeys =o
Also would tip me just over the $1000 budget I set myself this year for gaming if I've calculated right.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
2116 posts
1137 upvotes
Bushido's Blade wrote: Yup, it has a big yellow sign on the side of the box that says 'refurbished unit, all sales final'.

lots of PS3 and PS2 left over...didn't see any xbox 360 ones there though...
Boo. Refurbished units are notorious for being defective. I would rather pay the extra $30 for a new unit with a return policy.
Apr 5, 2008
6 posts
1 upvote
PS3 version is $139 at FS and BB now, so more like a $70 savings, but each to their own. I wanted the game for certain songs, and didn't want to drop $139, but for $71 i'm all in, and now can get the RB2 game so all is good for me! :cheesygri
Apr 5, 2008
6 posts
1 upvote
Yes, you would have to go through the Rock Band website/exchange and not through LD, but as the thread said, the return policy is good.

My buddy had a defective guitar for RB last year when it first came out and it was a known issue, so he was sent a new guitar with no issues.

I can scan the receipt if needed as a bought it from the Cambie and Broadway LD. The sales clerk had an issue ringing it up as it came up as $139, but when they 'supervisor' overroad the price and put it to $79, it also added a 10% discount so it was $71 for me.

Cheers!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
If you buy any PS2 game (so PS2 Rockband shoudl qualify), they should also have a coupon for a free FPS PS2 controller. The controller design is meant for first person shooting (FPS) games, but supposedly is compatible with any game.

It looks like this.
http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Reviews/fps_ ... roller.htm

It's no way worth the $20 MSRP. But as a bonus/free item, I guess it can't hurt. I originally was hoping it was just an OEM version of the Sony PS2 controller, but sadly, it's not!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
Sighhh. PS2 rockband is sold out, there was still 3 units of PS3 left as of Dec31/08 at 4PM. According to the computer guy, Broadway/Cambie get all the customer returns/warranty returns from all the LD stores. It's exclusive to that branch. So if you're lucky, a refurb Rockband could just mean it was opened and returned by a customer, but that's there nothing really wrong with it. It's so unpredictable as to when they'll collect another batch of PS2 Rockbands.
May 6, 2007
806 posts
2 upvotes
Rogers sells the RB1 kit NEW for $99.99 so I would rather have a new one.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
Atom Bomb wrote: Rogers sells the RB1 kit NEW for $99.99 so I would rather have a new one.
Just depends on your comfort zone, refurb PS2 for $59 versus new for $89 (at Toys R US). Since the warranty is the same, the $30 savings can be used to buy another Rock band expansion disc. It's a fair trade off. But sadly, no more refurb PS2s.
Mar 5, 2008
374 posts
119 upvotes
I am interested in the ps3 version, I will check other LD locations in BC though.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
unfunk wrote: I am interested in the ps3 version, I will check other LD locations in BC though.
It's exclusive to Broadway/Cambie LD only. As of Jan2/09 They had 4 PS3 units available. They offer 1 free hour of underground parking if you spend $15 or more so need to worry about parking.