Savings:
5%
Expiry:
October 15, 2017
Retailer:
RockAuto
New code: 6751016956254714
expires on October 15, 2017

Just want to share a discount code I have received from RockAuto parts: 6279941856254714.
It's just 5% off, but it is still better than nothing.

Here is what they wrote to me in the e-mail:
"How to Use Your Discount Code
Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.
Please note: Discount only valid for orders placed online. Code must be entered before order is submitted.
The discount takes 5% off our reliably low prices. There is no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks."

BTW, they ship by DHL ecommerce, and its brokerage fee is flat $10. Yes, I did have to pay duties and taxes on top of it, but $10 is the same as Canada post would charge. Not the same as "regular" DHL's rip-off.

Have fun!

UPDATES:
1) Thanks to PROD for the code:
"Next code:
Expires Aug 13 2017"

2) It looks like they charge COD only if you checkout WITHOUT creating an account. If you login first and then go through the checkout, all charges are calculated and clearly displayed.
They even give clear breakdown of shipping charges, i.e. shipping itself and duties. For my second order, in the shopping cart, the shipping was shown as ~$17; at the checkout I saw actual shipping - $10, duties - $7.

3) NEW code: 6648761456254714 expires on September 24, 2017.
Last edited by Snowslip on May 23rd, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
93 replies
Mar 9, 2004
333 posts
5 upvotes
This came a bit too late as I ordered from them on the weekend. They ship by DHL ecommerce, but I think Canada Post delivers it. I am surprised they charged me HST on the order. Hope I don't have to pay duties on arrival.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2010
212 posts
135 upvotes
Montreal
Capitola wrote:
May 23rd, 2017 11:28 pm
This came a bit too late as I ordered from them on the weekend. They ship by DHL ecommerce, but I think Canada Post delivers it. I am surprised they charged me HST on the order. Hope I don't have to pay duties on arrival.
They ( I do not know who, as I was not at home) tried to deliver the parcel and then transferred it to my CP office. However, the sticker on the parcel clearly stated that it's DHL ecommerce that charged $10 brokerage. I paid the COD amount (~$25 on ~USD100 order) at the CP office. The DHL ecommerce office was located in Ontario, so it looks like they charged me GST only, i.e. no QST.
Mar 9, 2004
333 posts
5 upvotes
So they charged you $10 brokerage and GST at the time of ordering and about $25 duties on delivery? In my case, $60 item + $9 shipping (Economy consolidated) + $7.70 GST at time of ordering. I have not received the item therefore couldn't comment if I will be charged Duty. I don't see how they can collect HST/GST when they are located in Baltimore and I am buying from Toronto unless it is prepaid duties.
Jan 23, 2015
501 posts
112 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
I never got hit with any additional charges or brokerage fees with my orders. Everything should be included in the shipping price you pay.

BTW, in the future when making a purchase always google search for RockAuto promo codes. There's always one active for a 5% discount and they never offer anything greater than that!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1248 posts
570 upvotes
Bianco13 wrote:
May 23rd, 2017 11:54 pm
I never got hit with any additional charges or brokerage fees with my orders. Everything should be included in the shipping price you pay.

BTW, in the future when making a purchase always google search for RockAuto promo codes. There's always one active for a 5% discount and they never offer anything greater than that!
Same with the brokerage fees. Everything is all in.
Also use your E-transfer to avoid even more credit card exchange fees.

Yup, just Google "Rockauto 5%" and you'll always find the recent code from various websites.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2010
212 posts
135 upvotes
Montreal
Capitola wrote:
So they charged you $10 brokerage and GST at the time of ordering and about $25 duties on delivery? In my case, $60 item + $9 shipping (Economy consolidated) + $7.70 GST at time of ordering. I have not received the item therefore couldn't comment if I will be charged Duty. I don't see how they can collect HST/GST when they are located in Baltimore and I am buying from Toronto unless it is prepaid duties.
I paid in USD (Amazon CC), and there was no GST at the time of ordering. What I paid COD was:
- Duties: ~$9 (one piece originated from Japan, another - from Korea, the last one - from China)
- Taxes: ~$8
- Fees: $10
// numbers are rounded. All numbers are in CAD.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2010
212 posts
135 upvotes
Montreal
Chewfam wrote:
May 24th, 2017 12:04 am
Same with the brokerage fees. Everything is all in.
Also use your E-transfer to avoid even more credit card exchange fees.

Yup, just Google "Rockauto 5%" and you'll always find the recent code from various websites.
What shipping option did you choose?
I got charged the brokerage for "consolidated" shipping.
Mar 9, 2004
333 posts
5 upvotes
I also paid in USD using my Amazon CC. They charged me GST/HST at time of ordering. My DHL eCommerce Tracking shows "Delivery by CA Post" with a Canada Post tracking. If my parcel is delivered by Canada Post, I would not expect the $10 brokerage fee. My shipping method is "Economy (Consolidated)".
Mar 9, 2004
333 posts
5 upvotes
Ok, I think Canada Post charges $10 "handling fee" or something.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
1185 posts
811 upvotes
Langley, BC
You pay what RockAuto website says, there are NO ADDITIONAL FEES.
Mar 20, 2016
47 posts
15 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Bianco13 wrote:

Ditto... codes are readily available with a quick google search. I love RockAuto but with our dollar lately... its getting kinda pricey. Even with their great prices.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
20974 posts
1912 upvotes
You have to ensure the checkout page includes tax and duties. There are some services sent COD and you will have to pay at the door.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1639 posts
697 upvotes
Vancouver
The 5% code is a standard discount code.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1906 posts
357 upvotes
Aurora
I received a large box just last week - no duties or additional costs than what was paid on the website. I wasn't there to receive it - it was left at my front door - so I don't know what truck brought it.