Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
RockAuto

RockAuto discount code

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2022 7:01 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1750 upvotes
rural ontario
I used the bill payments process - it cheaper then the credit card way (or paypal) even if you have no exchange fees. But it does take 2 or 3 days for the transfer process to complete.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Jun 20, 2015
701 posts
193 upvotes
Place
love rockauto!! i will definitely buy my parts from them!
Good luck!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3688 posts
1227 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
rilles wrote: I used the bill payments process - it cheaper then the credit card way (or paypal) even if you have no exchange fees. But it does take 2 or 3 days for the transfer process to complete.
I personally only do e-transfers to people I know. If you e-transfer online to a stranger or business, you lose your insurance (chargeback, credit card extended warranties, PayPal purchase guarantee etc). I'd rather pay the extra so I know I'm covered.

If people are worried about the 2.5% exchange fee, use a credit card that doesn't have this fee or offers a cash back that overpowers the fee.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1750 upvotes
rural ontario
EnyCe wrote: I personally only do e-transfers to people I know. If you e-transfer online to a stranger or business, you lose your insurance (chargeback, credit card extended warranties, PayPal purchase guarantee etc). I'd rather pay the extra so I know I'm covered.

If people are worried about the 2.5% exchange fee, use a credit card that doesn't have this fee or offers a cash back that overpowers the fee.
Its not to a stranger, its to RockAuto. I've never used those kind of coverages, RockAuto's return process is fine. The RockAuto exchange rate is better then the posted credit card rate.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
EnyCe wrote: I personally only do e-transfers to people I know. If you e-transfer online to a stranger or business, you lose your insurance (chargeback, credit card extended warranties, PayPal purchase guarantee etc). I'd rather pay the extra so I know I'm covered.

lol rock auto isn't going to scam you
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Rockauto is not worth it unless you're buying a ton of parts at once. I need some new brake calipers but when you consider the cost of shipping plus the cost of shipping the cores back to the US it's only marginally cheaper than just buying it from the local auto parts stores so may as well pay slightly more to get it locally and faster and pick it up in person.
Dec 22, 2008
370 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
BeapChastard wrote: Rockauto is not worth it unless you're buying a ton of parts at once. I need some new brake calipers but when you consider the cost of shipping plus the cost of shipping the cores back to the US it's only marginally cheaper than just buying it from the local auto parts stores so may as well pay slightly more to get it locally and faster and pick it up in person.
It really depends - I've ordered brakes from them and even without returning cores it was worth it. I've made big and small orders since 2009 and I've saved well over $1000+ as a result. Express shipping is rarely ever worth it - go for ground and it still arrives pretty quickly. Pair that with a border shipping service like CrossBorderPickups and you save even more.

The main problem with them is when the parts you need are in different warehouses so you have to pay extra for shipping....
Jun 11, 2015
500 posts
534 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I agree. Rock Auto has been SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper for many of the parts I want.

If you need to do a core exchange it probably doesn't make sense.

However, things like brakes on less common cars can be 50% less than any Canadian source.

For example, when I needed a water pump they were half the price of local sources and 25% less than Canadian online sources.
Jan 24, 2008
292 posts
134 upvotes
Scarborough
Another coupon:
Your RockAuto discount code 6118093554876727 will expire on June 25, 2017.
Oct 18, 2007
685 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
awesome company, no hidden fees/duty everything they post as your final charge is what you will pay. Ive bought numerous body/mechanical parts from them.
Aug 24, 2006
269 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
BeapChastard wrote: Rockauto is not worth it unless you're buying a ton of parts at once. I need some new brake calipers but when you consider the cost of shipping plus the cost of shipping the cores back to the US it's only marginally cheaper than just buying it from the local auto parts stores so may as well pay slightly more to get it locally and faster and pick it up in person.
That's almost never the case though (from my experience anyway). Shipping is really fast, prices are very low so much that you may not even need to ship it back. Also, you know what brand you're getting. The local part store will get you the same part for a similar price, but from my personal experience, at that price point they've always been "value" (aka. crap) brands, so you're comparing apples to oranges. The faster pickup in person also doesn't apply to stores that are open 9-5 on weekdays only and people that don't have the time or means to go there during that time.
However, everything you said is something anyone who needs to buy parts should carefully consider if they're looking to minimise cost.
Ramblings wrote: It really depends - I've ordered brakes from them and even without returning cores it was worth it. I've made big and small orders since 2009 and I've saved well over $1000+ as a result. Express shipping is rarely ever worth it - go for ground and it still arrives pretty quickly. Pair that with a border shipping service like CrossBorderPickups and you save even more.

The main problem with them is when the parts you need are in different warehouses so you have to pay extra for shipping....
What he said!
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
Thanks OP. Just placed an order. Wiper blades- 6 front and 2 rear cost me $40...because they're specialty push button blades in Canada would've cost me approx $200.00. Charcoal Cabin filters up here cost approx $40 each, bought 3 for $9.00 each. Oil and air filters the same story. To help with shipping I used to get friends together and place a bulk order. Along with the great pricing I absolutely love their selection- economy up to premium. Yrs ago needed a MAF Sensor, Partsource wanted $400 for generic garbage. RA sent me a brand name MAF all in for $125.00. Bought some shock absorbers yrs ago - up here $500 for the set, RA all in charged me $200 + got a $50 rebate. Also helps to have a U.S. account and/ or a U.S. CC.

Edit: 2/3 of order (New York) will be here tomorrow. Other 1/3 is coming from Texas.
Last edited by magoot on Jun 14th, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Deep_Stich wrote: That's almost never the case though (from my experience anyway). Shipping is really fast, prices are very low so much that you may not even need to ship it back. Also, you know what brand you're getting. The local part store will get you the same part for a similar price, but from my personal experience, at that price point they've always been "value" (aka. crap) brands, so you're comparing apples to oranges. The faster pickup in person also doesn't apply to stores that are open 9-5 on weekdays only and people that don't have the time or means to go there during that time.
However, everything you said is something anyone who needs to buy parts should carefully consider if they're looking to minimise cost.
Well let's look at calipers. A front caliper for my car on Rock Auto is $67 + $48 core. That's $115. Shipping to Canada is $20. That's $135.

The cheapest quote I got for a front caliper from local shops was $130 ($190 - $60 core).

So if I don't return the core to rock auto, it's cheaper to buy locally. If I do return core to rock auto, then it's a bit cheaper but it will depend on the cost to ship the core back to the US. I have no idea how much that would be but I'm guessing at least $20.

Maybe it makes sense to buy from rock auto if you're buying a ton of stuff at once but for a few small items like one or two calipers, you may as well just buy locally.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1386 posts
1102 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
BeapChastard wrote: Well let's look at calipers. A front caliper for my car on Rock Auto is $67 + $48 core. That's $115. Shipping to Canada is $20. That's $135.

The cheapest quote I got for a front caliper from local shops was $130 ($190 - $60 core).

So if I don't return the core to rock auto, it's cheaper to buy locally. If I do return core to rock auto, then it's a bit cheaper but it will depend on the cost to ship the core back to the US. I have no idea how much that would be but I'm guessing at least $20.

Maybe it makes sense to buy from rock auto if you're buying a ton of stuff at once but for a few small items like one or two calipers, you may as well just buy locally.
It all depends on what you are buying. For me, buying maintenance stuff for my cars I usually do bulk orders (ie: oil filters, air filters and so on). Rock Auto pricing is stupid cheap compared to what's sold here. Just an example: A Ford Mustang air filter with my 10% discount is $25. Same thing at RA is $15. OEM oil filters at RA are cheaper then the cheapest filters sold at Crappy Tire. I'm in the middle of restoring my Mustang, an OEM battery cable is $70 at the stealership, same cable $14.50 at RA...
Dec 13, 2005
454 posts
59 upvotes
Mono, Ontario
are there better coupon codes than 5%?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1386 posts
1102 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
krossfyah wrote: are there better coupon codes than 5%?
No, Rock Auto never offers anything more than 5%. Even during the Black Friday event, it's still 5%.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2472 posts
1906 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Bianco13 wrote: It all depends on what you are buying. For me, buying maintenance stuff for my cars I usually do bulk orders (ie: oil filters, air filters and so on). Rock Auto pricing is stupid cheap compared to what's sold here. Just an example: A Ford Mustang air filter with my 10% discount is $25. Same thing at RA is $15. OEM oil filters at RA are cheaper then the cheapest filters sold at Crappy Tire. I'm in the middle of restoring my Mustang, an OEM battery cable is $70 at the stealership, same cable $14.50 at RA...
Yeah but doesn't the $20 shipping to Canada kill the deal unless you buy a bazillion filters and airfilters at once?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
BeapChastard wrote: Yeah but doesn't the $20 shipping to Canada kill the deal unless you buy a bazillion filters and airfilters at once?
Doesn't need to be a bazillion to save more than the shipping cost. I also don't mind paying a reasonable amount for shipping if it saves me wasting time & money driving around town to pick up parts.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1386 posts
1102 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
BeapChastard wrote: Yeah but doesn't the $20 shipping to Canada kill the deal unless you buy a bazillion filters and airfilters at once?
Not at all, when I setup my orders I do my best to get everything I need out of one warehouse. Which usually only costs me about $13-14 for shipping. A couple of small items from RA the savings alone will cover the shipping charges vs buying here, anything extra I add to my order (depending on the size) is gravy.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1750 upvotes
rural ontario
And that is a bit of an art... if you are buying a few things - trying to keep the order to one warehouse may mean choosing different brands then you originally intended. But it does mean you can keep shipping down to $12-15 and even really heavy items are around $20
72 69 6c 6c 65 73