Expired Hot Deals

[RockAuto] RockAuto discount code

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2017 3:25 pm
Jun 28, 2012
75 posts
48 upvotes
Quebec
Thanks OP but you can get 5% anytime, this is not a "special" code.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
1890 posts
232 upvotes
Waterlooo
The code is special because it expires. Then you have to find a new code if you want a discount (which of course is always easy to find).
Apr 18, 2011
301 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Chewfam wrote:
May 24th, 2017 12:04 am
Also use your E-transfer to avoid even more credit card exchange fees.
Would you mind telling me how to set up E-transfer to pay with Rockauto orders. Thanks.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26902 posts
6394 upvotes
GTHA
Bayan wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2017 4:04 pm
Would you mind telling me how to set up E-transfer to pay with Rockauto orders. Thanks.
RockAuto order confirmation email will explain how to submit your payment if you choose a method other than credit or debit card, PayPal, or electronic check.

I used RBC Bill Pay payments on my last order and these are the intructions I received...
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) Bill Pay payments can be made only if you hold an active account at RBC. RockAuto uses an intermediary company, Custom House ULC, to accept Bill Pay payments at RBC; before making a payment, you must add "CUSTOM HOUSE ULC" as a payee. To add a payee online after accessing your account at the RBC Online Banking, select the "My Accounts" tab, then the "Banking" sub-tab. Select the "Manage Payees" on the left side of the screen, selecting "Add Payee" underneath. The payee name is "CUSTOM HOUSE ULC" and the account number is "ROCKAUTO702". After adding the payee/account, you can complete a payment in the amount of CAD$ XXX.XX using the "Pay Multiple Bills" link on the left side of the screen.

To add a payee or to make a payment by telephone, call 1-800-769-2511, follow the prompts, and provide the same payee name, account number, and order total in CAD. To make a bill payment in branch, visit any RBC office and provide them with the proper payee name, account number, and order total in CAD. Although you have to add Custom House ULC as a payee only once, your payment will not be applied unless you enter the payee and account details exactly as they appear in the previous paragraph. Because RBC Bill Payments involve an intermediary, payments made before 1:00pm Eastern will post in no more than two business days; payments made after 1:00pm will post in no more than three.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
3768 posts
537 upvotes
Kitchener
Or use the Rogers credit card and actually get cash back door forex :)
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
1890 posts
232 upvotes
Waterlooo
I used the bill payments process - it cheaper then the credit card way (or paypal) even if you have no exchange fees. But it does take 2 or 3 days for the transfer process to complete.
Jun 20, 2015
191 posts
25 upvotes
love rockauto!! i will definitely buy my parts from them!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2791 posts
306 upvotes
Markham
rilles wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2017 8:16 pm
I used the bill payments process - it cheaper then the credit card way (or paypal) even if you have no exchange fees. But it does take 2 or 3 days for the transfer process to complete.
I personally only do e-transfers to people I know. If you e-transfer online to a stranger or business, you lose your insurance (chargeback, credit card extended warranties, PayPal purchase guarantee etc). I'd rather pay the extra so I know I'm covered.

If people are worried about the 2.5% exchange fee, use a credit card that doesn't have this fee or offers a cash back that overpowers the fee.
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
1890 posts
232 upvotes
Waterlooo
EnyCe wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 4:13 am
I personally only do e-transfers to people I know. If you e-transfer online to a stranger or business, you lose your insurance (chargeback, credit card extended warranties, PayPal purchase guarantee etc). I'd rather pay the extra so I know I'm covered.

If people are worried about the 2.5% exchange fee, use a credit card that doesn't have this fee or offers a cash back that overpowers the fee.
Its not to a stranger, its to RockAuto. I've never used those kind of coverages, RockAuto's return process is fine. The RockAuto exchange rate is better then the posted credit card rate.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15887 posts
4542 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
EnyCe wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 4:13 am

lol rock auto isn't going to scam you
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1323 posts
591 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Rockauto is not worth it unless you're buying a ton of parts at once. I need some new brake calipers but when you consider the cost of shipping plus the cost of shipping the cores back to the US it's only marginally cheaper than just buying it from the local auto parts stores so may as well pay slightly more to get it locally and faster and pick it up in person.
Dec 22, 2008
95 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
BeapChastard wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 1:29 pm
Rockauto is not worth it unless you're buying a ton of parts at once. I need some new brake calipers but when you consider the cost of shipping plus the cost of shipping the cores back to the US it's only marginally cheaper than just buying it from the local auto parts stores so may as well pay slightly more to get it locally and faster and pick it up in person.
It really depends - I've ordered brakes from them and even without returning cores it was worth it. I've made big and small orders since 2009 and I've saved well over $1000+ as a result. Express shipping is rarely ever worth it - go for ground and it still arrives pretty quickly. Pair that with a border shipping service like CrossBorderPickups and you save even more.

The main problem with them is when the parts you need are in different warehouses so you have to pay extra for shipping....
Jun 11, 2015
76 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I agree. Rock Auto has been SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper for many of the parts I want.

If you need to do a core exchange it probably doesn't make sense.

However, things like brakes on less common cars can be 50% less than any Canadian source.

For example, when I needed a water pump they were half the price of local sources and 25% less than Canadian online sources.
Jan 24, 2008
188 posts
18 upvotes
Scarborough
Another coupon:
Your RockAuto discount code 6118093554876727 will expire on June 25, 2017.
Oct 18, 2007
250 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
awesome company, no hidden fees/duty everything they post as your final charge is what you will pay. Ive bought numerous body/mechanical parts from them.