2772 posts
295 upvotes
Markham
nasa25 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 1:23 pm
lol rock auto isn't going to scam you
rilles wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 1:01 pm
Its not to a stranger, its to RockAuto. I've never used those kind of coverages, RockAuto's return process is fine. The RockAuto exchange rate is better then the posted credit card rate.
You're missing the point. If your package goes missing/damaged, you are INSURED and have a case for a chargeback including extended warranty (if your credit card supports it). In addition, your credit card can either cancel the exchange rate or give you back more. (eg: Rogers' Mastercard provides 4% cashback for purchases made in foreign currency. 4%-2.5%= 1.5% cash back you are getting on a foreign purchase. Paying with EMT benefits you nothing aside from a minor discount.
Last edited by EnyCe on Jun 21st, 2017 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15010 posts
3975 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
EnyCe wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 7:45 am
You're missing the point. If your package goes missing/damaged, you are INSURED and have a case for a chargeback, and have extended warranty (if your credit card supports it).
True I guess
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Feb 12, 2008
176 posts
7 upvotes
NVM figured it out.....coffee hadn't kicked in.......

noob Rock auto question.....where do you apply the discount code on checkout?? Don't see where to enter the code.....
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1203 posts
539 upvotes
gdnmatrix wrote:
Jun 21st, 2017 8:12 am
NVM figured it out.....coffee hadn't kicked in.......

noob Rock auto question.....where do you apply the discount code on checkout?? Don't see where to enter the code.....
Read the original post. Winking Face

... And go get some more coffee....

Damn did you ninja edit?...
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1854 posts
397 upvotes
Edmonton
Ordered $300 worth of parts. Received two different delivers and both 2 days before the initial indicated delivery dates. No extra charges. As others mentioned, both times packages left at front door. Rock auto rocks!
Mar 29, 2016
7 posts
3 upvotes
I've ordered multiple times from RockAuto in the past 3 months. Price with shipping was cheaper after conversion than local stores. One part I used DHL as it was only $3 more than standard and it arrived the next day, no extra S&H fees.
Oct 15, 2012
100 posts
23 upvotes
Sudbury
I have bought a number of items from RockAuto to Ontario, Canada... as others elude to, you can find great prices on parts compared to purchasing them in Canada even after factoring in exchange and shipping. My only beef so far is shipping a small item in a huge box that forces me to run 12 miles up the road to post office for pickup as I have a rural mailbox that won't take larger boxes. I brought it to RockAuto attention and hopefully they address that aspect. Other than that I have enjoyed great pricing on name brand parts compared to those retailers in Canada. And the "clearance" pricing on items for my 97 Intrepid is amazingly low at times which is even sweeter!
Sep 25, 2001
569 posts
110 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Rock Auto has been SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper for many of the parts I want. Probably not when you have to do core exchange. I bought belts, O2 sensors, coils and sparkplugs. Filters are great price. Probably not worth it for one. But when you have 5 vehicles it is. Make sure to check out the clearance wiper blades. I ordered for the whole family, it was $15 shipping but it was for all cars. Most wipers were less than $2 each. Always watch for which warehouse, shipping can jump quickly if parts have to come from different warehouse. I was surprised to find brake parts for a 1948 International truck in stock.
Feb 8, 2015
623 posts
242 upvotes
North York, ON
For anyone new to RA it helps to use the "Choose For Me to Minimize Cost"...upper right red circled...

Jun 22, 2009
247 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Is the code not working anymore?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2010
1265 posts
178 upvotes
You can just use your previous order's order #.
If it's your first time ordering, google for codes and there's always a ton to use.
Oct 31, 2014
245 posts
118 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Just recieved my first package from them today. Thanks OP! (with how they have their coupon code box set up, I didn't know they accepted them)

Two more packages inbound this week (Prepping one car for sale, doing a bunch of stuff to my new to me truck)
Dec 23, 2012
60 posts
38 upvotes
Your RockAuto discount code 6206811255634312 will expire on July 9, 2017.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5230 posts
1438 upvotes
RockAuto 5% discount codes can be found with a simple Google search, but there are no threads for them on RFD so I figured I'd start one.

My code is valid until 8/27 and, when it reaches the date I'll update with another code if I see demand for it.

Simply enter code 6456936222017814 in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space in your cart.