• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2017 3:25 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5258 posts
1460 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 3:25 pm
I used the keyword 'rockauto' in search and found the 'RockAuto discount code' thread in the Hot Deals forum

rockauto-rockauto-discount-code-2101906/

Thanks for creating this thread but many members do not browse the Coupons forum.
Thanks for letting me know. I'd never think of posting this in hot deals though. I hesitated between Automotive or Coupons, but in the end... it's a coupon!
Aug 18, 2013
42 posts
27 upvotes
For anyone who placed their order without using the discount code, you can still apply afterwards!

I just realized this code after placing my order and was going to e-mail them to see if I can get it applied, but when I went to the "order status and returns", it had that "How Did You Hear About Us?" box, so i placed the code there, and voila!

just letting everyone know :)
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
1900 posts
233 upvotes
Waterlooo
If you want Dorman product get them now, RA is removing their products from their catalog as they believe the company is engaging in price fixing by making retailers all sell at the same retail price.
Jan 26, 2013
23 posts
7 upvotes
Edmonton
new discount code
This discount code expires on October 1, 2017 so do not wait!
Jul 24, 2006
72 posts
81 upvotes
I'm looking in to buying brake pads and drive belt from RA. What are people experience in shipping time especially to Vancouver?
Feb 8, 2015
657 posts
258 upvotes
North York, ON
bpun wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 6:30 pm
I'm looking in to buying brake pads and drive belt from RA. What are people experience in shipping time especially to Vancouver?
Have ordered about 15 times from RA. Orders usually shipped within a day. Shipping to Toronto at most 1 week dependent on warehouse location. Last order from NY took 4 days. Remainder of order from Texas took 6 days. The good news...Customs is a breeze as all duties and taxes are pre charged- usually takes less than 10 mins to clear. RA also uses a Logistics Co. so if there are any probs at the border or with delivery can they be resolved quickly and easily. Delivery...delivery person always knocks on door rather than the ole "toss and run" :-)
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1148 posts
189 upvotes
B.C.
Has RA made it impossible to shop for car stuff at a regular retailer now?

I'm buying 2 sets of wipers, 4 oil filters, 2 cabin air filters, 2 air filters for my car for the price of 2 wipes from crappy tire!
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2165 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
lennyandcarl wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:22 pm
Has RA made it impossible to shop for car stuff at a regular retailer now?

I'm buying 2 sets of wipers, 4 oil filters, 2 cabin air filters, 2 air filters for my car for the price of 2 wipes from crappy tire!
yah, but what's the cost of shipping?

that's where they get ya - gotta be careful; depending on the part(s) it's sometimes best to buy local even if it's a little bit more
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1148 posts
189 upvotes
B.C.
chadw01 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:02 pm
yah, but what's the cost of shipping?

that's where they get ya - gotta be careful; depending on the part(s) it's sometimes best to buy local even if it's a little bit more
I was including shipping in my example!

My last order was 2 sets of wipers, 4 oil filters, 2 cabin air filters, 2 air filters for my car, plus 1 set of wipers + air filter + cabin air filter for the In Laws SUV. Total cost $140.

The same from crappy tire would have been $375! Even on sale for 25% off (which would is pretty common it would be $280. Even if it was all half off it's still way more expensive - and all the stuff from my crappy tire comparison is their store brand. Bleh!

My cabin air filters were $6 each and the same thing at CT is $25+.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2010
212 posts
135 upvotes
Montreal
Posted the new code, which is good till Oct.15. (see the first posting)
Oct 15, 2012
102 posts
23 upvotes
Sudbury
I have ordered lots of parts from RockAuto over the last few years and have saved a lot $$-- This last order has me worried a bit as tracking number goes to DHL----my order summary says "Economy Mail (Consolidated)" ; they didn't charge me tax (Ontario) on this order for some reason and then I receive this email below;

Your order has shipped! Order 6870xxxx Order Status & Returns Click number below to view tracking: CURT 56175 68707009R1502916967xxxx

Carrier may collect duty and tax upon delivery
You should receive by Friday, September 1, 2017

'Shipped' means the order is packed, labeled and ready for carrier pick up. Carriers pick up only on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). Pick-up times vary due to driver schedules, traffic, weather, and other factors. Orders shipped late in the day or on weekends may not be picked up until the next business day. Please do not worry if tracking results are not immediately available or if old tracking information appears. Carriers take up to two business days to update information on their web sites. Carriers may reuse tracking numbers and won't remove old records until they post new activity.

To ARRANGE A RETURN (including Cores) or REPORT A PROBLEM
visit www.rockauto.com/orderstatus

Please do not send parts back for any reason before obtaining return instructions! Parts do not necessarily go back to the location from which they shipped.
Thanks again for buying your auto parts at RockAuto!
www.RockAuto.com

DHL has walloped me in the past shipping items from China---very fast yes but I always paid a minimum of $20.00 extra to delivery driver--hate these surprises!

Will keep you posted on what happens!

Just received this email from RockAuto, "Yes, this order is being shipped using a consolidated shipping method. DHL will take the package the first leg of the journey, but the final delivery will be through your local postal carrier. " Hope I don't have to drive 10 miles up road to Post Office because of extra fees. Wait and see!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1148 posts
189 upvotes
B.C.
Serpentine wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 12:03 pm
I have ordered lots of parts from RockAuto over the last few years and have saved a lot $$-- This last order has me worried a bit as tracking number goes to DHL----my order summary says "Economy Mail (Consolidated)" ; they didn't charge me tax (Ontario) on this order for some reason and then I receive this email below;

Your order has shipped! Order 6870xxxx Order Status & Returns Click number below to view tracking: CURT 56175 68707009R1502916967xxxx

'Shipped' means the order is packed, labeled and ready for carrier pick up. Carriers pick up only on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). Pick-up times vary due to driver schedules, traffic, weather, and other factors. Orders shipped late in the day or on weekends may not be picked up until the next business day. Please do not worry if tracking results are not immediately available or if old tracking information appears. Carriers take up to two business days to update information on their web sites. Carriers may reuse tracking numbers and won't remove old records until they post new activity.

Please do not send parts back for any reason before obtaining return instructions! Parts do not necessarily go back to the location from which they shipped.
www.RockAuto.com

DHL has walloped me in the past shipping items from China---very fast yes but I always paid a minimum of $20.00 extra to delivery driver--hate these surprises!

Just received this email from RockAuto, "Yes, this order is being shipped using a consolidated shipping method. DHL will take the package the first leg of the journey, but the final delivery will be through your local postal carrier. " Hope I don't have to drive 10 miles up road to Post Office because of extra fees. Wait and see!
If you only ordered that CURT 56175 wiring adaptor you can get those at Uhaul for dirt cheap. I think they're under $16.95.

I've got one installed in my car and it's really good quality!
[OP]
Nov 9, 2010
212 posts
135 upvotes
Montreal
Serpentine wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 12:03 pm

www.RockAuto.com

How did you check out: by creating/logging in to your account or as a guest/Paypal?
If the latter, then yes, be ready to pay $10(fee) + duties+taxes upon delivery.
If you go through your account, you will see the detailed bottom line breakdown, including duties and taxes. They do not charge $10 brokerage; I guess, it is included in the shipping cost, which is very low anyways.
Oct 15, 2012
102 posts
23 upvotes
Sudbury
I logged into my account and always pay through Paypal but for some reason no tax charged on this order like my others. I notice on the Commercial Invoice for each order that this order has me listed as Importer and not RockAuto like my others. So I am listed on invoice as importer and also under ship to. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: Received my Curt trailer adapter today in mailbox; it was shipped Consolidated; started DHL ecommerce, then USPS to Canada Post-- no brokerage fee or taxes/duty.

Another great experience with RockAuto!
Last edited by Serpentine on Aug 17th, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 5, 2013
191 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op. Got my order of rotors and brake pads within four days. Very happy!