Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1300 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
eggshen wrote:
Nov 26th, 2013 6:09 pm
According to wikipedia:

"Other guitars, such as acoustic guitars, may require additional hardware, such as a pickup."
That's basic guitar anatomy.

Of course it'll require a pickup. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a port for you to plug the cable into.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
2800 posts
441 upvotes
StratMangler wrote:
Nov 26th, 2013 8:59 pm
That's basic guitar anatomy.

Of course it'll require a pickup. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a port for you to plug the cable into.
If you've never used a guitar and want this game to learn...of course you'll have to "PICK UP" your guitar =P....but yes, you need a pick-up to actually plug the cables into the guitar. I tried the original Rocksmith with an acoustic guitar... not quite the same I must admit. Eventually picked up an electric guitar and now I'm looking to upgrading.

Out of curiosity, is ~$66 the best price we'll get for Rocksmith 2014 for a while? I get the impression the original Rocksmith rarely went on sale.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
3934 posts
863 upvotes
Tried with my Fender Acoustic and while the game does pick it up, it isn't anywhere near as good as an electric, I would avoid using it and wouldn't play the game if I could only use Acoustic.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
3934 posts
863 upvotes
halcyon wrote:
Nov 26th, 2013 9:39 pm
If you've never used a guitar and want this game to learn...of course you'll have to "PICK UP" your guitar =P....but yes, you need a pick-up to actually plug the cables into the guitar. I tried the original Rocksmith with an acoustic guitar... not quite the same I must admit. Eventually picked up an electric guitar and now I'm looking to upgrading.

Out of curiosity, is ~$66 the best price we'll get for Rocksmith 2014 for a while? I get the impression the original Rocksmith rarely went on sale.
Rocksmith didn't go on sale much, this will probably be the same. I bought the PC version for $27 because I already have a cable.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Jul 1, 2009
368 posts
53 upvotes
Coquitlam
Anyone know of any upcoming deals on the guitar bundle!??
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1587 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Here is a deal on the original Rocksmith + Real Tone Cable.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/target-c ... a-1407217/

In regards to a guitar, it all depends on what you are looking for. I scoured Kijiji and ended up getting 2x entry level guitars (with bags) + a Squire amp for $80. They aren't the best name guitars but for learning for myself and my 8 year old son, they are perfect. There are a lot of $80-$120 guitars on Kijiji with amps/stands/bags.

The Squire Strat is a decent starter and is quite common on Kijiji.
Heatware 35-0-0

Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 | Intel i7 3770K | 4x4096 G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 | Asus DirectCUII 290X
Apr 26, 2010
160 posts
20 upvotes
NightRain wrote:
Nov 26th, 2013 10:34 pm
Rocksmith didn't go on sale much, this will probably be the same. I bought the PC version for $27 because I already have a cable.
Care to share the link for this? Thanks in advance
Apr 23, 2006
547 posts
83 upvotes
girn wrote:
Nov 27th, 2013 2:34 am
Anyone know of any upcoming deals on the guitar bundle!??
+1. Don't want to deal with kijiji or trying to find a guitar, would rather just get the 2014 guitar bundle on sale.
Jun 25, 2005
416 posts
132 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
What's a good but cheap electric to pair this with? Is it just less hassle to get the bundle for $200?
I think you'd be better off paying a little more and getting nice seperate guitar. Look at mid-level Squire and Epiphone, you'll get some nice sounding guitars that look awesome.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2007
1219 posts
82 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
What's a good but cheap electric to pair this with? Is it just less hassle to get the bundle for $200?
I think if you go to any nice guitar shop, they'll probably be able to point you to a decent beginner electric (or I guess acoustic with a pickup) that would be good for using with the software, but would likely also be better than a guitar that's included in a bundle with a game. Steve's music seems to have them starting about $170 (some are less, but I think they are mini-guitars for children), and electric guitars can go up into probably 10s of thousands. :)
Jul 20, 2007
46 posts
4 upvotes
My order was shipped on November 29 and I still haven't received it. Anyone ordered in November got the game yet?
× < >