Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Henry's

Rode iXY Stereo Microphone (for 30-pin iPhone 4, 4s, iPad)

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2016 2:24 pm
Apr 12, 2010
198 posts
312 upvotes

[Henry's] Rode iXY Stereo Microphone (for 30-pin iPhone 4, 4s, iPad)

This thing averages at ~$150 in price everywhere else.

Great quality, Australian-made microphone attachment by Rode. The brand is top-notch, all of my microphones are made by them.
You can watch the numerous reviews on YouTube attesting to the quality of this mic.

This is NOT the newer version that has a Lightning connector, so it's a better deal if you already own an older, 30-pin iPhone (4,4s) or iPad or a 30-pin to Lightning adapter for connecting the mic to a newer Apple device (the adapter itself is about $35).
If you don't own either of them, you are better off picking up a portable recorder like a Zoom H1.

I first saw this on clearance at Henry's for $59.50, and then requested a price beat at AVshop.ca (located in Markham, ON).

AVshop has approved my request and adjusted the price on their website to $54.99 (expires June 30, 2016):
http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio ... e-amp-ipad

If you live in the GTA, it's a better deal, because you can save on shipping and pick up the mic in Markham for $62.14 all-in.
You can also Reserve In Store at Henry's for $67.24 all-in.

I have also requested a price-beat at PASHOP.COM based in London, ON,
and they have kindly honoured the request and gave me a one-time (I'm assuming) promo-code for $49.99.
http://www.pashop.com/products/detail/Rode/iXY/
That's the lowest price out of all the vendors, but it's best if you can arrange a pick-up, because the price comes out to around $72 taxed and shipped to Toronto, ON.
Feel free to use the code they gave me (goes to the first taker): gpIgZvUUL

Go nuts!

P.S. One more thing: if you want to record a video simultaneously while using the mic, it's not an ideal solution; the mic will be pointed away from your frame, and you also need to jump through hoops and download a separate app in order to get it to work with video (FILMic Classic). So it's more of an audio recording solution.
Images

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)