Careers

ROE

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2019 8:00 pm
Tags:
Feb 8, 2019
5 posts

ROE

pls enlighten me with this, ive been with my employers for almost 3 yrs. Got married and pregnant and was put on part time job on December 2018. the beginning of 2019 January I was told that their new part time will start already so Im not needed. So I applied for regular EI on Jan 9 while waiting for my ROE. After weeks of waiting it to be issued, i noticed that on my ROE they put there that my last day of work was on Nov 30 2018, my part time was not included in there. will this affect my EI application? thank u
7 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2006
1563 posts
273 upvotes
Yes and no. The proper way would show your last 25-26 pays (depends on the frequency you are paid how many pays are actually part of the ROE. It should be your most recent pays and the older ones (beyond the range of the ROE) are ignored. It's possible the person doing the ROE made mistake and contacting your HR/Payroll should be an easy fix for it. It's also possible they were trying to be nice to you and made the error on purpose (which they are not supposed to do). If your most recent pays were much lower than your historical pays, they may have "accidentally" left off your much lower pay days in favour of your higher ones in order to try to maximize your insurable earnings and hours. There is a cap on it though so doing that may or may not actually have gained you anything. Having your more recent lower paid pays on there might reduce your insurable earnings and will reduce your insurable hours thus potentially reducing your EI rate.
Psygineer = Psychological Engineer, when A.I. gets strong enough, I will be the first in the field of Android counseling.
Feb 8, 2019
5 posts
on it im paid monthly and my part time pay is really ver low. Im just worried that EI will question that If my last work ended Nov 30 3018 basing on the ROE then why didnt I apply for EI on the month if December, why did i have to wait until January to apply?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2006
1563 posts
273 upvotes
jeen86 wrote: on it im paid monthly and my part time pay is really ver low. Im just worried that EI will question that If my last work ended Nov 30 3018 basing on the ROE then why didnt I apply for EI on the month if December, why did i have to wait until January to apply?
I still think your best bet is just to reach out to your Payroll/HR person and have them straighten it out. It would be the easiest course of action and will avoid any potential issues of that nature.
Psygineer = Psychological Engineer, when A.I. gets strong enough, I will be the first in the field of Android counseling.
Feb 8, 2019
5 posts
that what worries me bec i already submittedy ROE and just waiting for the result, and hoping for a positive result! im away for a short vacay so cant deal with it personally too
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
jeen86 wrote: that what worries me bec i already submittedy ROE and just waiting for the result, and hoping for a positive result! im away for a short vacay so cant deal with it personally too
Do you also have payslip when you worked part-time? If so you can used that as a proof you are still working beyond November 30
Feb 8, 2019
5 posts
i dont have any pay slip, im just paid by entransfer
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2006
1563 posts
273 upvotes
jeen86 wrote: that what worries me bec i already submittedy ROE and just waiting for the result, and hoping for a positive result! im away for a short vacay so cant deal with it personally too
ROE revisions are not difficult or time consuming for the employer. It links the old code to the new one to lets them know there was a change. It isn't something to worry about. Call your employer on Monday and have them fix it for you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)