• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2017 11:33 am
[OP]
May 6, 2012
20 posts
82 upvotes

[Rogers] 50 dollars for 4gb unlimited Canada wide minutes

First time posting hope I got everything right

Rogers is offering 50 for 4gb unlimited Canada wide minutes and text. Caller ID and small voicemail storage. Also comes with roam like home.

It is their counter offer to public mobiles 40 for 4gb. Plans not as good as PM but you get to stay with Rogers. You just have to call in and tell them you plan on leaving because public mobile is offering this deal and they will give you this offer that's part of their customer retention program
309 replies
Feb 14, 2007
541 posts
113 upvotes
You forgot to mention if you have a tab you have to pay it off first and u have to be with Rogers for minimum 6 months or something and it's byod
Jul 29, 2007
462 posts
137 upvotes
North America
I think this would be a good deal only for those who are stuck with the "$65+/month" plans and want to stay with Rogers or Fido.
Otherwise, for new line activation, there may be better deals for individuals wanting to use Rogers/Fido.

If Fido comes out with their $40/4gb plan again, that would be what I would recommend to jump onto.
Otherwise, the current plan by Zoomer Wireless $36 2g/400 minutes - after 6 months, you get unlimited calling.
Best RFD Purchases: Flight Deals, Cell/Laptops/Tablets, Clothing/Shoes.
Thanks to RFD for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2006
1711 posts
277 upvotes
Got a call from Rogers the other day from a outbound sales company called "SMP DATA 1-855-415-2112" asking me why I ported my number out and if I wanted to come back to Rogers with a special offer....

I hung up before hearing the offer....

They didn't seem to care about keeping a 10 year customer or offering a fair market price plan then and I wont go back now!

I have not had a single problem or reason to call my new provider for over a year now.... Don't miss having to call Rogers every other month for bill adjustments and haggle price increases and discounts expiring

F Rogers!

My cable/internet are next on the chopping block too!
May 13, 2015
34 posts
7 upvotes
called in and got the same deal with retentions.
Told them I was going to switch to freedom and they offered me that deal.
Oct 24, 2013
220 posts
166 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
That is the prettiest offer from Major 3 - Robellus!!!, not bad :-)

So $12 extra a month gets you Canada-wide, coverage/roaming outside North America (with charges), customer care if needed and some perks if have their credit card
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4824 posts
5510 upvotes
Ooooops wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 3:40 pm
That is the prettiest offer from Major 3 - Robellus!!!, not bad :-)

So $12 extra a month gets you Canada-wide, coverage/roaming outside North America (with charges), customer care if needed and some perks if have their credit card
Hope this will spark a price war between the big 3.

What perks do you get with their credit card? I didn't get any perk.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Feb 20, 2013
122 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
charmz wrote: Got a call from Rogers the other day from a outbound sales company called "SMP DATA 1-855-415-2112" asking me why I ported my number out and if I wanted to come back to Rogers with a special offer....

I hung up before hearing the offer....

They didn't seem to care about keeping a 10 year customer or offering a fair market price plan then and I wont go back now!

I have not had a single problem or reason to call my new provider for over a year now.... Don't miss having to call Rogers every other month for bill adjustments and haggle price increases and discounts expiring

F Rogers!

My cable/internet are next on the chopping block too!
well played, hardest customer to win back is the one you lost!
May 5, 2009
584 posts
299 upvotes
Vancouver
Can't see rogers having any better deals on Boyd plans vs zoomer bonus 2 year plans when available. Same network better CS though no physical stores. But it's hard to convince some people. My good friend pays 75 month to month on rogers for 3 gigs and I failed to convince him to switch to zoomer 50 dollar plan. He was certain rogers would offer him something good soon lol.

I was paying 45 for 400 mins. 500mb for 2 years because they offered s5 for free. Switched to zoomer 36 plan with free gr5 and the referral bonus was enough to cover ecf. Rogers agent was playing dumb saying he never heard of zoomer or cityphone when o asked for a little more data.

Only thing I'll miss is the rogers MasterCard.
Last edited by VancityAcura on Jun 29th, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2015
105 posts
37 upvotes
Brampton, ON
how to get it? i dont see on thier site.