Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

$74.99 for Ignite Gigabit Internet with free Google Home

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2018 4:35 pm
Feb 12, 2016
69 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Is the Google Home still available with this deal? Don't see any information on their website about it
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
rajojomanik wrote: Pickering, do you have the new modem?
Yup white coda.. Not sure if I have latest firmware tho
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1216 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: Yup white coda.. Not sure if I have latest firmware tho
My software version is...
2.0.10.33T3
rajojomanik
Jul 30, 2017
194 posts
221 upvotes
Kanata
mikka2017 wrote: Yup white coda.. Not sure if I have latest firmware tho
mine was .28T, I have to join the beta program to get the 2.0.10.33T3
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
I got a TP Link AC1200 modem how does it compare to white modem/router ? Should I just make it a Wifi repeater?
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
My gigabit sub is ending soon ans I'm underwhelmed by it. It's nowhere even close to 500mbps and I've gotten 2 technicians at home to try and figure out if there's an issue. I've gotten the run around from them.
Jul 11, 2005
394 posts
105 upvotes
lithiumli wrote: I'm not with Rogers and I tried to get the 150u for $60 through Facebook and the guy said there's nothing they can do and I have to call Rogers cause they only offer what's on the website.

Currently on the Fido 60u for $60
I switched from the same Fido plan to Gigabit and the speed is pretty much the same as what I had with Fido between 75-85. I haven't called to get them yet to troubleshoot but if they can't resolve I'll just wait the month or 2 for my Google Home them switch back to Fido.
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
I don't see it on the website anymore
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2321 posts
1676 upvotes
SW Ontario
The incompetence of Rogers CSR is mind boggling ... trying to find out where my free Google Home is at ... first, they never bothered to enter my email address into the customer information field for my account ... then the CSR who I call and spoke with about it, after waiting almost an hour on hold, has me call a promotions department that isn't responsible for handling this ... definitely not off to a good start at all!
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2321 posts
1676 upvotes
SW Ontario
maple168 wrote: Anyone received GH yet? Order on Nov 25. No email so far.
Been on the phone 4 times with them today ... they are now claiming that we aren't eligible even though I ordered on Black Friday and I am in Ontario ... pathetic
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2161 posts
726 upvotes
I've had Rogers Ignite Gigabit for awhile, and I consistently get >1.1Gbps. You must use multiple connections and Ethernet ports to reach those speeds.

The biggest perk of 1 Gbps internet at home is that it's it's impossible to saturate the link with a single device by accident. e.g. if you're downloading a game at ~900 Mbps, you'll be able to continue a voice chat and watch a 1080p YouTube video at the same time easily.
shabby wrote: WE FINALLY HAVE FIBER AVAILABLE they said, to the house i asked? No, to the node, its 100mbit to the house. But its not shared like rogers and it doesn't slow down between 8 and 10 pm
Same, got pretty annoyed when a sales rep came to my door and said they had fiber available in my area. I get that it's not the sales rep's fault, but Bell shouldn't be allowed to mislead people that badly in the first place.

Calling Bell's DSL lines "fibre" is as accurate as if Freedom Mobile started marketing their mobile plans as "fibre".

Also, the claim that Bell's network isn't "shared" is laughable. If it wasn't shared at all, it wouldn't be the internet as we know it..
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1290 posts
720 upvotes
Richmond Hill
is this promotion still going on? Going to try and get it now..
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3364 posts
5506 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If you have Fibe to the home, go for the Bell gigabit deal.

940 download and 940 upload for $75.
Temp. Banned
Dec 16, 2016
270 posts
37 upvotes
Canada
I called them to get this deal, for renewing customers they were not able to offer free google home, but they did offered me the gigabit plan without google home.

When I requested and argued a bit instead they offered me 500mbps U plan for $40 X 24 months. I accepted that, and I can buy the Google Home for under $100 anytime, i saved a lot that way. I really don't need a gig speed, Previously I was paying $67 for 100U.

I am happy with the new Hitron Tower modem (same they offer for gigabit customers) . I am very satisfied overall. I saved $17/month plus doubled my speed and a new modem. I can buy Google Home or Alexa with the money I am saving, probably i will purchase Amazon Alexa over Google Home after my in depth research.
Aug 6, 2009
308 posts
227 upvotes
Markham
smartyA489 wrote: I called them to get this deal, for renewing customers they were not able to offer free google home, but they did offered me the gigabit plan without google home.

When I requested and argued a bit instead they offered me 500mbps U plan for $40 X 24 months. I accepted that, and I can buy the Google Home for under $100 anytime, i saved a lot that way. I really don't need a gig speed, Previously I was paying $67 for 100U.

I am happy with the new Hitron Tower modem (same they offer for gigabit customers) . I am very satisfied overall. I saved $17/month plus doubled my speed and a new modem. I can buy Google Home or Alexa with the money I am saving, probably i will purchase Amazon Alexa over Google Home after my in depth research.
when were you able to do this?
Oct 23, 2010
638 posts
113 upvotes
What are you doing to get those speeds? I have ethernet connection to the modem and I barely get 200-300mbps.
rajojomanik wrote: I've had the gigabit service when it was on special 1.5yrs ago for $99 with the tv package. For the most part I can't complain about the speed, It would peak around 700+ but never hitting above 900. Upload is consistent around 45-50. These speed are on the old Rogers Ignite modem, I've been holding off switching to the white tower until this weekend. From the test I've been doing lately, the newer modem seem better suited for the gigabit speed. Here are my speed lately....

From speedtest.net

Speednet.JPG

From directly with Rogers speed test site

Rogers.JPG

Since my contract expires at the end of May 2018, I tried to get on this plan but been denied a few times.
Jan 14, 2015
30 posts
24 upvotes
East York, ON
Changed my gigabit to this last week, price went from 95 a month to 75. Today a rogers CSR called me and offered gigabit + popular tv + home phone for 82$ per month.

Edit: Signed up, install will be wednesday, i live in a newer building built 2013.
Last edited by Dealsdan on Dec 18th, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 22, 2010
450 posts
56 upvotes
Markham
Dealsdan wrote: Changed my gigabit to this last week, price went from 95 a month to 75. Today a rogers CSR called me and offered gigabit + popular tv + home phone for 82$ per month.
Can anyone get your new offer? 82$ per month
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2011
1290 posts
519 upvotes
smartyA489 wrote: I called them to get this deal, for renewing customers they were not able to offer free google home, but they did offered me the gigabit plan without google home.

Not a good experience for me ...

Ordered Gigabit plan three weeks back and cancelled my existing Bell (Fibe 50). From day one, lot of issue with speed and wifi gets disconnect.

- 1st call, they took two days and said issue fixed, but not
- 2nd call, technician came and made some changes - still no improvement
- 3rd call, they moved my modem from basement to 2nd floor (earlier with both rogers (100 mbps), bell (fibe 50), no issues with modem being in basement)

after three weeks, still no improvement, Yday called Bell, and going back with them for Fibe 300 for $59.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)